ADVERTISEMENT

I have been here since April 2003.

It has been a long long time since I have wrote a reply but reading the familiar names from the past got me encouraged to respond again. The boards names have changed but many of the posters have not.

What about TC Wildcat ? Or someone like that was an "insider" and wound up ripping people off over travel deals or something like that ?

If I remember right SmokeyPearl was a Purdue grad ?

Dr RB

Zorak, Babs, Keith, Doc, and Rainman. Old memories. Babs was/is actually quite charming in person.
Yes she is. I still have contact with her occasionally. I came on in the mid 90's and me and ShyCat welcomed Babs to the board. That was the old Microtek board, IIRC. She is special lady.

I wonder what happened to Rainman (Steven John)? I have lost all contact with him.

Came here from wildcat faithful as well. Really liked that board until the big mess happened and drove most of the regular posters here. Read the board several times a day though I don't post much.

Interesting see some of the old names mentioned from the early days. I remember a Katman who had another message board called Dynasty Defenders. It was a free speech board with special emphasis on getting Tubby out of town. I have no idea what ever happened to it. Does it still exist?

Another name was Greg Hoover. He was everywhere and I think may have been banned from more boards that anyone on record. Smokey Pearl was the inventor of the word "racist". Everything to him was racist and he spewed out on most every sports board in America how racist UK fans were. The boy had issues.

Dec. 20, 2002 and 119 posts. Is that a record? I was on a couple of years before that under a different name but the count wasn't at a higher rate so still pretty low. I'm on here several times a day, pre-season, post-season, anytime. I've been following the Cats since around 1973 and would rather watch them practice than anyone else play. I've learned a lot, laughed a lot, and cannot imagine wasting my time being a fan of any other team. GBB!

Reactions: GreenRiverCat
I think the original board was Wildcatfaithful, but there may have been one before that. All I remember for sure was it was during the recruitment of Magloire in the spring of 96...

No. Mel McCain created Wildcatfaithful, I believe in 2002, after he had worked on the museum site for a short time. Before that, he had posted 'here' (Wildcat Chat) for a period of time. He dedicated his life and finances to to Wildcatfaithful, and even mentioning the site would get you banned by 'the powers that be' that were around here ( and as I found out today, they still delete any posts that mention the anything construed as negative about those long gone mods). Mel was all Wildcat, rest his soul...

Reactions: Joneslab
I had a couple accounts before I settled on this name. And I think the rivals board originated somewhere else. I was also on WCF.

SmokeyPearl wasn't a Tubby fan. It turned out that he wasn't even a Kentucky fan.

He was a UK fan until he was not invited to one of the old meetings at a buffet. This enraged him, and he immediately began attacking that group, and UK fans in general. He then switched his loyalty to Cincy, which UK ended up playing(and whipping) in the tourney. UK fans gave him Hell over that one(much deserved). PearlSmoker was a complete tool.

May 2002. Was on several earlier boards. WCC I think was the big one. Eventually became KSR (report, not radio) after several incarnations. Rainman / Steve ran it primarily.

Anyone remember Rainman/BuzzLightyear? I wonder who he is now?

I remember the Rainman fiasco... forget the name of that board and the better question is to wonder how many people he is now, LOL.

I have been posting or mostly reading on some kind of board since 1995 but for some reason never migrated to this one until a year or so ago. There have been so many boards over the years it is hard to keep up. The one I called home for a long time after Rainman was the Cats Domain, a much smaller board which I still visity today though its numbers and activity have dwindled.

My profile says I've been on here since 2002. I don't care much for post counts, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT