ADVERTISEMENT

I Hate Time Warner Cable

Crankdatmustard

Senior
Gold Member
Jul 18, 2010
The Kentucky Football Podcast
SEC Network is one year old and Time Warner customers STILL have no access to the SEC network through the Watch ESPN APP even though I pay for it as a part of my cable package .

Clowns tell me to just download the TWC app and access it there. Well you can't use chrome cast with your shitty app pal

:chairshot:

Not missing much a lot of Alabama and auburn football,then taking calls from alabama and auburn football fans on a televised radio show.

Seems to me ur prob is with Chrome instead of TWC

Problem is with Time Warner. Their app is pathetic compared to Watch ESPN App. I will be using an outdoor tv this fall and do not want to use a cable line rather just a cast. Looks like I will have to use a laptop and transfer with HDMI.

Casting from the Watch ESPN app would be perfect but Time Warner SUCKS and doesnt offer it even though I pay for it as it has "yet to be loaded"

Get (or pay) a friend to share a Direct TV password with you for your WatchESPN app. Roku has a WatchESPN app that works well or the cast from iPhone to Apple TV is very good, too.

I rewatched scar vs UK last night. Rewatched Uf game couple weeks ago. We get plenty of sir time in the off season we just need more big wins

You can also pay 25 bucks a month for Sling television which is owned by Dish Network. It's all the cable I need because it covers ESPN, ESPN 2, ESPN U, SEC Network, etc. I don't know if I could justify paying for it and cable, but it would allow you to use the Watch ESPN app.

Just get Sling and OTA if you live near a major media market. I didn't have espnu paying 95 a month with my cable company, now I do paying 25.

Sling tv is the way to go for us, we cut the cord months ago and get the WATCHESPN App powered by Sling. The biggest drawback is the lack of DVR capabilities. However it can be played on multiple devices (only one device at a time though) including PC so I use Camtasia to record.

I canceled my TWC. Instead I use SlingTV the internet streaming TV service owned by Dish Network. For 20 bucks a month I get ESPN and ESPN 2. For another 5 dollars a month I get all the ESPN's and SEC Network. Best of all I can stream to any of my devices (smart tv, Xbox one, tablet, phone) from anywhere with no restrictions. Best part for me is theres no long term contract. I can subscribe on a month to month basis. Granted I lost a lot of Cable channels but I also didn't watch them. Only downside is you're limited to streaming to one device at a time per subscription, so you couldn't be streaming the game to multiple devices at the same time.

You can see a complete channel lineup on the slingTV website. Basic stuff like history channel, espn, TBS, Food Network... Ive been very happy with it.

Sling tv is the way to go for us, we cut the cord months ago and get the WATCHESPN App powered by Sling. The biggest drawback is the lack of DVR capabilities. However it can be played on multiple devices (only one device at a time though) including PC so I use Camtasia to record.
Channel Master makes an independent DVR for OTA that works without having to pay a subscription fee.

Problem is with Time Warner. Their app is pathetic compared to Watch ESPN App. I will be using an outdoor tv this fall and do not want to use a cable line rather just a cast. Looks like I will have to use a laptop and transfer with HDMI.

Casting from the Watch ESPN app would be perfect but Time Warner SUCKS and doesnt offer it even though I pay for it as it has "yet to be loaded"
Directv has a wireless box that you can hook up to you outdoor tv as long as it is 80 ft from the main receiver. The only cables are power cable and hdmi.

I use SlingTV. Only downside I've found is not having Fox Sports for Reds games, but I'll just have those on the radio.

SEC Network is one year old and Time Warner customers STILL have no access to the SEC network through the Watch ESPN APP even though I pay for it as a part of my cable package .

Clowns tell me to just download the TWC app and access it there. Well you can't use chrome cast with your shitty app pal

Amazon Firestick with KODI / Sports Devil is what you need my friend. Chromecast is garbage.

Your frustration may be over soon. I've heard Charter is buying Time Warner Cable so I'm sure you'll be a Charter customer in the future. They are pretty good IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT