ADVERTISEMENT

How many times have you ever pulled for Louisville?

I have to say, once I made UK my favorite team (late 70s), I have only pulled for U of L twice. The only reason was because they were playing North Carolina. Someone on here told the story of an elderly couple getting followed out to their car by drunk U of L fans after the Wisconsin game. I can't see myself ever pulling for them again. Maybe if we stopped playing them every year and their fans....never mind. Ain't gonna happen.

I simply ignore them, till we play them and it is already decided who is going to win. The recent history tells me not to worry about the outcome.
I don't hate them, but I think they should return the sentiment, I know them better.

I feel it is easier/ and acceptable to like a team with mid major status. No one is going to really mind if you like a Conference USA team.
It gets more dicey now that Louisville in a power conference but they have one of the the very few elite coaches in college bball. And if you like college hoops , you respect the programs with the elite coaches.
P.s. Roy Williams is not an elite coach.

Zero times.

The 2008 EE vs UNC and 2013 EE vs Duke were two times where I was neutral because a win by either team meant a final four for an enemy, but also meant an enemy lost.

Unfortunately I was raised as a UofL fan. So I'm sure I've cheered for them plenty. But I was young and didn't know any better.

When I turned 14 I converted to the big blue. I still have half my family who are UofL fans and I used to go to a few games back when I lived in state. I don't know that I ever pull for them though. They may be the lesser of two evils in a game. But I wouldn't say I'm excited to see them win.

I feel it is easier/ and acceptable to like a team with mid major status. No one is going to really mind if you like a Conference USA team.
It gets more dicey now that Louisville in a power conference but they have one of the the very few elite coaches in college bball. And if you like college hoops , you respect the programs with the elite coaches.
P.s. Roy Williams is not an elite coach.

I don't really consider the ACC a power conference since they allow shady institutions like NC to compete. They're more like AAU ball which doesn't have academic standards.

If you're like me, you can count them on one hand.

When I moved away from Kentucky for 15 years, I stopped hating U of L because there were no fans around to annoy me like there are here. In fact, if you meet a Louisville fan in...say...Florida, they usually are friendly and talk positively about UK. Still, there were only a couple of times I ever pulled for them to win.

1. 1997 or 1998 Elite Eight vs. North Carolina.....Dejuan Wheat got hurt and the game was basically over soon after it started.

2. 2008 (I think) Elite Eight vs. North Carolina.....Carolina again was loaded and U of L did well just to tie the game with like five minutes to go, but then Hansbrough took over. Game was in Charlotte.

3. 1975 Final Four vs. UCLA.....I was very young and liked both teams, what can I say?
Never have, never will

I used to not have much off a problem with Louisville until about 10 years ago. It just seems around that time they started getting real Cocky.

10 years ago? Apparently you weren't paying attention for the previous 35 years.

Never, zero, not once, never will. I'm still waiting to meet that first Louisville fan who says "I pull for UK when UofL's not playing, the state team" - and I've never head that once. I sure here lot's of UK fans using this logic.
Pizz on them, when they start pulling for us (which will never, ever happen), I might consider returning the favor.

If they played Mars to keep the Martians from destroying earth.....I'd pull for Mars and kiss my ass goodbye.

When I moved away from Kentucky for 15 years, I stopped hating U of L because there were no fans around to annoy me like there are here. In fact, if you meet a Louisville fan in...say...Florida, they usually are friendly and talk positively about UK. Still, there were only a couple of times I ever pulled for them to win.

1. 1997 or 1998 Elite Eight vs. North Carolina.....Dejuan Wheat got hurt and the game was basically over soon after it started.

2. 2008 (I think) Elite Eight vs. North Carolina.....Carolina again was loaded and U of L did well just to tie the game with like five minutes to go, but then Hansbrough took over. Game was in Charlotte.

3. 1975 Final Four vs. UCLA.....I was very young and liked both teams, what can I say?

I have never cheered for the tards and I never will. I will cheer for the fighting rice eaters from north korea before I cheer for the tards

Um let me see never, Kentucky first, SEC next if were out of the tourney, anybody else I turn off the TV and go be depressed for six months, but I always got this forum to cheer me up:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

DUMB statement.

Everytime they played except when they played UK.........until they hired Pitino.
I love good bb. UL with Crum had good bb.

You are incorrect. His statement is true. You can enjoy good basketball without rooting for the team playing. Its ok that you are not a true UK fan. I think maybe you are upset because his post made you realize it.

Reactions: UK till Death
Its not that I dont root for them.....I care less to even watch them play, except when we are involved.

After seeing what their trashy fans say about us and our coach on their message boards they can all go to hell. I did not hate them until I saw the downright nasty things they have said. They are so obsessed with us. They have been owned by us so they resort to calling Cal scum while they ignore what their coach did.

Reactions: GillieTheKidd

Louisville's my home town. Most of my family's there. So, I've got no trouble with the team. When we play, if UK wins, my sister from Texas*** calls me and if UL wins I call her. Basically, as long as UK isn't playing them I root for them. I really don't understand the whole visceral anger that seems to blur from "Sports Dislike" which is merely a sportsman's joke and "Loony Hatred" which is real. The worst example is the guy who was shot for wearing the wrong sports jacket. (IIRC it was a pro team out in California.) I suspect that a lot of the hatred of UL belongs to the Loony Hatred camp rather than the Sports Dislike side.

The 1975 game is a good example. With the NC St-Maryland ACC tournament game in 1974** and the 1992 UK-Duke game it's often mentioned as one of the best played games ever.

**If you don't know about this you should. Fantastic game.
***Big family

Never, zero, not once, never will. I'm still waiting to meet that first Louisville fan who says "I pull for UK when UofL's not playing, the state team" - and I've never head that once. I sure here lot's of UK fans using this logic.
Pizz on them, when they start pulling for us (which will never, ever happen), I might consider returning the favor.

UL is the inferior, jealous program, in our giant shadow. Of course they hate us, it would be dissappointing if they didn't. It is just proof that we are THE superior program. There is no reason for us to behave like those baffoons.

For those who say "no REAL UK fan would ever pull for UL", ya'll are @$$%$. Growing up in SouthCentral KY (before the internet), I never even met a UL fan until I went to college. Had no reason not to pull for them if they weren't playing UK. Met some UL fans in college (WKU) and realized how big of jerks they were and I don't think I pulled for them after that until I moved out of state. I've lived out of KY for almost 22 years now, 19 of them in NC minutes from UNCheat & Duke. In those 22 years I've met 1, yes 1, UL fan. They are NOT a nationally followed school. I see obnoxious UNCheat and Duke fans daily. Even after the AAFM stuff, UNCheat fans will still tell you Calapari is a far worse cheater. I would have to be sick in the head to not pull for UL over either UNCheat or Duke, so to say I'm "not a real UK fan" is idiotic!

Reactions: BigBlueCatNation
ADVERTISEMENT