ADVERTISEMENT

How happy are you with Cal's Job?

How do you feel about Cal as coach?

• Total voters
Four final fours in five years one championship always in the mix i'm ok with Cal.How was GFlorida Kyle?

Sorry, but anyone who votes anything OTHER than 5* is out of their minds. I know he says stuff that might irritate some people, but I strongly feel all his comments are made for the betterment of the program and not the detriment. The man has won almost 200 games in just six seasons. He has coached us to 4 Final Fours and two National Championship games and coached us to our 8th title. He has had 19 NBA 1st rounders, three #1 picks which is an NBA record, 13 lottery picks, and 24 players drafted overall. Not to mention that he has coached us to 2 perfect SEC regular seasons, coached us to only our second ever perfect SEC season overall (including tournament championship), 3 SEC regular season championships, 3 SEC tournament championships. Has gone 7-1 vs. Pitino and Louisville, including beating them twice in the NCAA tournament. Has gone 4-2 vs. UNC, 3-0 vs. Kansas (including the 32 point pummeling they took last season), 11-5 vs. Florida, 9-2 vs. Tennessee among others. He's coached us to two AP #1 finishes, as well as being ranked #1 for 68 games of the 228 games he's coached at UK (having the #1 ranked team in America for a staggering 30% of his games at UK).

As far as I am concerned, as long as he keeps doing what he's doing, he can say whatever he wants.

I will disagree. I love Coach Cal, love his results, but don't agree with everything he says or does. Does that make me out of my mind?

Reactions: Chuckinden
3s, 2s,1s are just trolls. People voting 4 are idiots in my book. There is only one answer, 5.
People who call other people IDIOTS for not agreeing with them on rating Cal as the supreme being are just flat out stupid, dumbass, MFers in my book. Unless your being sarcastic... :grimace:

People who call other people IDIOTS for not agreeing with them on rating Cal as the supreme being are just flat out stupid, dumbass, MFers in my book. Unless your being sarcastic... :grimace:

It's just that your argument has absolutely no basis. With his results, anything less than a 5 is simply moronic.

I don't think #4 as worded has anything to do with on court results, but maybe the OP can correct me if I'm wrong. I have yet to vote, but obviously would/will vote a 5. The stuff he says is pure marketing, and does not bother me. I'm very educated and get who he is talking to. I think Cal appeals to the very intellectual UK fans, not the everyday average portion of the fanbase. I can see why some of those types get all excited with some of the things he says.

Reactions: TommyDevito
4.75 would have liked to cash in one of those other 3 Final 4 losses for title #9 but still an excellent rating overall.
96-98 we had 3 straight trips to Finals, and won twice.

I don't think #4 as worded has anything to do with on court results, but maybe the OP can correct me if I'm wrong. I have yet to vote, but obviously would/will vote a 5. The stuff he says is pure marketing, and does not bother me. I'm very educated and get who he is talking to. I think Cal appeals to the very intellectual UK fans, not the everyday average portion of the fanbase. I can see why some of those types get all excited with some of the things he says.

No #4 is only about Cal's statements regarding "Players first" and the draft being so important to him. I know many have a problem with all of the things he says, that's why I included that one.

I still don't understand how being 100% satisfied with his on the court success, but not agreeing 100% with everything he says and does is an idiot. So you agree 100% with every single thing he says and does?
I don't think what he says matters as long as the production is maintained. Especially when what he is saying directly leads to that success.

No #4 is only about Cal's statements regarding "Players first" and the draft being so important to him. I know many have a problem with all of the things he says, that's why I included that one.
I voted 4. Not because of what he had said. But more of...I don't agree 100% with everything he has done coaching. So if 4 is about only the "best day ever" and "player first" type stuff. I gotta change to 5.
Hey, I'm no longer an idiot. But I still feel the same about the stupid, dumbass MFers who feel that a slightly differing opinion is enogh reason for name calling.

Reactions: Chuckinden
For those who voted 4 , what would it take to get a 5 ? Nobody on the face of this earth is going to win it every year or even most years . Who else could have taken over UK and got us where we are with the accomplishments we reaped when Cal took over ? I don't think there is a scenario to where some of you would bestow a 5 because there is always something to nitpick at .

So a 4 is more of a reflection of your shortcomings more than it is of the job Cal has done , amirite ? As for not agreeing with everything he says , Cal gets the best players because he puts them first . If you cannot see that and come to terms with his draft comments then again the problem lies with you , it's ultra petty to harp on something that allows you to watch elite players at your school .

Reactions: Clive Gollings
lol @ people complaining about what Coach Cal says.

I know we got a great coach when we are complaining about what he is saying instead of what he is doing on the court.

Reactions: Sithlyone
lol @ people complaining about what Coach Cal says.

I know we got a great coach when we are complaining about what he is saying instead of what he is doing on the court.

Right? Some people will never be satisfied

"I know he has been to 4 final fours in 5 years... With a title and runner up... But... But he said stuff that I don't like!" :joy:

Reactions: WildMoon
It's just that your argument has absolutely no basis. With his results, anything less than a 5 is simply moronic.
You should probably reread my threads. I have made ZERO against Cal. Still doesn't mean I should accept everything 100% he says or does. He is human, he is capable of making a mistake. I'm pretty damn sure, he would admit he has made at least one mistake.

People that have a problem with the stuff he says is clearly too sensitive. He win at a percentage higher than Rupp. Hell he's hung 4 banners in Rupp Arena and people are up in arms because he throws out recruiting pitches.

These same pansies were the ones complaining that we didn't get everyone we wanted in the spring signing period.

Lol u so butthurt

All you idiots saying 2,3 blah blah blah. STFU

Even if he has "failed" to win the title the years he should have he still has been to the FF 4 out of the last 5 years which is literally the most successful coach of the past 5 years sans maybe Coach K

I swear some of yall must be #Downs

Graves is a UNC fan. She's not a UK fan.

Really, even to the haters, Cal is one title away from being fully exonerated in all walks of basketball. He will get it eventually. If anyone has noticed even the haters have died down since 2012. The next championship will kill it.

Only a dumb ***k votes for 4. Sorry if that offends your ***** ask.

tumblr_mhv55p4G1d1r3k73wo1_500.gif

I'll attempt to be polite here. In the four Final Fours under Cal, Kentucky has lost wearing White Uniforms once, which means in the eyes of the NCAA seeding committee at least, Kentucky lost as the favorite once, won as the underdog once, lost as the underdog twice and won as the favorite twice.

To say Kentucky was the favorite every year because it had more NBA talent displays a lack of understanding of the sport. A very high percentage of those NBA talents were freshmen. I think it is fair to say that a very good junior or senior in the Final Four like Kemba Walker or Frank Kaminsky is at least as valuable or more valuable than a more talented freshman.
I'll attempt to be polite here. You can't read. I never said Kentucky was the favorite every year, I said every year Kentucky exited the tournament they were the best team left in it. If you're going to be arrogant then don't simultaneously be stupid. It clashes.

Cal has done so much for UK that makes all of us very proud. It took me a long time to buy into the all about the kids thing and at times I'm not sure if I have fully bought in. I have lived UK basketball for as long as I can remember and taking anything away from the history and luster of our program kinda hurts a bit. I am not an NBA fan so that plays a huge part in my indecision I guess.
I want these kids to live the dream and make all the $ for their families that they can. I just have so much pride for our program that I don't want one person or a group of kids to think for a minute they are bigger than the source that gives them the stage to promote themselves. Selfish I guess but I am all about UK and have been forever..

Mods need to ban the posters that voted 1-3. They're all admitted rival fans, or UL fans posing as UK fans like joester and catsfan70.

Well that certainly explains it.

As for other coaches, so what?
Are you playing dumb, or do you really not see the logical fork in the road?

If you can come up with examples as good or better for every other coach of "struggling in big games", then you're up against the following two possibilities.

a. Every coach is unacceptably bad in big games

or

b. The nature of a single elimination tournament with 6 straight games against high level teams allows you to build a case that *every* coach is a poor performer in big games. Of course, this case is only compelling to statistical ignoramuses.

Use Occam's razor here.

It's like last year we were on the most fun ride........until the final four.

I don't Blame Cal because the players are the ones with the ball but it seemed like if you're ranked #1 pre-season and regular season and much of post season, you'd not make much mistakes in the final four. It's not Cal's first rodeo but it was for some of our players...We have the best coach. It's just that the players are young.

I will disagree. I love Coach Cal, love his results, but don't agree with everything he says or does. Does that make me out of my mind?

Look, you can think and vote how you want, but the guy has never said anything derogatory about the program. Just because he feels the way he does about things like the SEC tournament and his feelings regarding the NCAA Championship vs. having a bunch of players drafted to the NBA, doesn't mean that it should diminish him as our coach in any way, not even in the slightest. The fact of the matter is that despite what he says sometimes, he cares deeply about winning, the UK basketball tradition and he wins. Not to mention that he has made UK relevant again in a major way, so he deserves the highest vote he can get in my opinion.

I think many of us would be unable to answer this as a single question. I think the better inquiry would be split into three questions: How happy are you with Cal's performance (a) As a recruiter? (b) As an ambassador for U.K. basketball? (c) In actually coaching the individual players and the team in playing the game -- generally, and in game-by-game preparation, and in in-game bench coaching?

I think I would feel better if idiots would quit posting these types posts. If you are not happy with Cal's performance then you are a complete idiot. Maybe you would like to go back to Billy G or Tubby or whoever. No one except Rupp has had a better first six years at Kentucky.

Reactions: Big Cat fan
We'll my statements were only referring to UK fans. I took it as common knowledge that non UK fans wouldn't want Cal here. I figured everyone would understand that and I didn't need to explain it. However I know that we have a segment of our fan base that isn't happy with anything and my original reason for conducting this survey was not to call out trolls from other schools that lurk here but to see what our fans would say, even those that aren't pleased with anything. Maybe I didn't clearly explain that in later posts.

Dude, NO UK FANS ON THIS BOARD ARE UNHAPPY WITH CALIPARI. Read!

You - "I feel this thread has shown us all that there is a segment of BBN that is totally out of touch with the reality of CBB today and that was it's purpose (sadly enough)."

You said it yourself. Theres a "segment" (not really true) of this fan base that is totally out of touch (not really true). Then you go on to say that was the purpose of this thread, was to show that exact thing.

Sorry buddy, you didnt get what you wanted. There's no real meaningful segment of the UK fan base that is out of touch when it comes to Calipari. Even voting under anonymity, you get nearly 100% of fans supporting him, and even a rival fan voted a 3. LOL. You did in fact take the votes of a bunch of trolls and count it toward your "segment".

Stop running in circles and just own it. BE glad your poll shows everyone is pleased with Calipari.. I understand you can't always please the pumper crowd, but nonetheless, a 4 is support, and everyone is a 4 or 5. It's done.

Last edited:
Look, you can think and vote how you want, but the guy has never said anything derogatory about the program. Just because he feels the way he does about things like the SEC tournament and his feelings regarding the NCAA Championship vs. having a bunch of players drafted to the NBA, doesn't mean that it should diminish him as our coach in any way, not even in the slightest. The fact of the matter is that despite what he says sometimes, he cares deeply about winning, the UK basketball tradition and he wins. Not to mention that he has made UK relevant again in a major way, so he deserves the highest vote he can get in my opinion.

I don't think it diminishes him as a coach and I am a huge Cal supporter. I wouldn't want anyone else in the job. The choice specifically says that I love Coach Cal, just wish he would do/say some things differently. I don't understand how picking that choice makes people out of their mind or not a real fan. I 100% understand why he says things, but I also feel that we're at a point now where the results in putting guys in the NBA speaks for itself.

If the question was, "On a scale of 1-5, 5 being the highest and 1 being the lowest, how do you think Cal has done at UK?" and there was no description next to the numbers, I would vote 5. The description next to 4 best describes how I feel in this poll.

I don't think it diminishes him as a coach and I am a huge Cal supporter. I wouldn't want anyone else in the job. The choice specifically says that I love Coach Cal, just wish he would do/say some things differently. I don't understand how picking that choice makes people out of their mind or not a real fan. I 100% understand why he says things, but I also feel that we're at a point now where the results in putting guys in the NBA speaks for itself.

If the question was, "On a scale of 1-5, 5 being the highest and 1 being the lowest, how do you think Cal has done at UK?" and there was no description next to the numbers, I would vote 5. The description next to 4 best describes how I feel in this poll.

Exactly. Look, don't sweat the jag off pumpers. They get butthurt if you don't throw yourself at his crotch.

The poll was dumb, quite frankly it was agenda riddled from the start, and it was worded terribly with the intent to confuse, IMO.

The OP even stated "sadly that was the intent". Then he tried to make it out like theres some huge imaginary segment that wants Cal gone. Sometimes I think the pumpers have nothing to discuss because Cal has done a great job so they nitpick anything they can find. Literally anything. Sometimes its as if they want someone to find an issue.

If this poll was "rate jobs performance" 1-10, I would have probably rated it a 10. It's the way he worded it. If someone is too stupid to figure that out, let 'em be an idiot.

I guess I finally see were some of these posters are coming from...if you read the OP's initial post; I think he meant for #5 to be you want Cal here forever and #4 to be Cal is OK but needs to get in line more and maybe he shouldn't be here forever.
I agree with you (I think). I want him here until he retires or goes insane. But, that doesn't mean that I have to agree with 100% of everything he does. As I posted earlier, I guarantee that if asked, Cal. would admit at least one mistake he has made while at UK. Because, he is human.
now, can we start arguing about something else?

I guess I finally see were some of these posters are coming from...if you read the OP's initial post; I think he meant for #5 to be you want Cal here forever and #4 to be Cal is OK but needs to get in line more and maybe he shouldn't be here forever.
I agree with you (I think). I want him here until he retires or goes insane. But, that doesn't mean that I have to agree with 100% of everything he does. As I posted earlier, I guarantee that if asked, Cal. would admit at least one mistake he has made while at UK. Because, he is human.
now, can we start arguing about something else?

If that's what he really meant then I would be a five. I'll wait a month or so and do this correctly. No need in starting agenda driven polls with terrible structure that can cause divisiveness. No offense to the OP really.

Dude, NO UK FANS ON THIS BOARD ARE UNHAPPY WITH CALIPARI. Read!

You - "I feel this thread has shown us all that there is a segment of BBN that is totally out of touch with the reality of CBB today and that was it's purpose (sadly enough)."

You said it yourself. Theres a "segment" (not really true) of this fan base that is totally out of touch (not really true). Then you go on to say that was the purpose of this thread, was to show that exact thing.

Sorry buddy, you didnt get what you wanted. There's no real meaningful segment of the UK fan base that is out of touch when it comes to Calipari. Even voting under anonymity, you get nearly 100% of fans supporting him, and even a rival fan voted a 3. LOL. You did in fact take the votes of a bunch of trolls and count it toward your "segment".

Stop running in circles and just own it. BE glad your poll shows everyone is pleased with Calipari.. I understand you can't always please the pumper crowd, but nonetheless, a 4 is support, and everyone is a 4 or 5. It's done.

You need to pump the breaks on your attitude. You are reading way to much into my thread. If you thought this thread was to show uk fans as not liking Cal, you are sadly mistaken.

There is a segment of our fan base that complains about everything. If you don't see that then you are blind. This thread was thought up because I got tired of reading those posts and wanted to see where they really stood when it came to actually signing their name to it.

So if you took it as a insult against UK fans as a whole then you missed the point. I love BBN, I'm certainly glad I'm part of BBN and I'm glad everyone is professing their love for Cal in one way or another. But please stop assigning an agenda where there is none.

Edit - Wow, after reading ALL of your posts and attacks against me and/or this poll I can see that you have issues. If you don't feel the poll is worded correctly or feel there should be a different measuring devise please feel free to start your own "perfect" poll. I'm sure no one will nitpick your wording.

Last edited:
As far as I'm concerned, this was the best poll I've ever seen, just because of the fact it baited 12 trolls into exposing themselves. I'm sure they were blissfully unaware that their names would go along with their votes. So good job, AF Cat, SouthernINcat, Graves 51, joester5612, Jamal Mercer (disputed, I know), catsfan70, Mike's Marbles, KnowsAllTellsAll, and a few others, for basically tattooing "jackass" on your own foreheads.

As for the 4 vs 5 people, it is a valid point about the wording. You can read it as an overall evaluation (in which case anything other than a 5 is damn silly), or you can answer the way it's specifically worded. Wishing that Cal would do certain things differently is pretty much human nature as a fan. Thinking he should be getting better results is absurd.

ADVERTISEMENT