ADVERTISEMENT

How happy are you with Cal's Job?

How do you feel about Cal as coach?

• Total voters
How many coaches right now can say they have the same as Cal has at UK in the same time frame. Maybe one or two ?

dont you see...that doesnt matter...because some people have 20 years of coaching high school basketball....and they would do it better. pretty easy to ace the test after the answer are given

Reactions: brianpoe
I just have a hard time believing that if someone told you before Cal came here that you'd have 4 final four appearances and a title in his first six years here, that you would feel disappointed. Expecting much more than we've accomplished shows a complete lack of perspective.

I certainly love Coach Cal and hope that retires here. He's brought the swag back to the bluegrass and kept the Cats in the national spotlight. Go Big Blue!

2v3t0jl.jpg

I think many of us would be unable to answer this as a single question. I think the better inquiry would be split into three questions: How happy are you with Cal's performance (a) As a recruiter? (b) As an ambassador for U.K. basketball? (c) In actually coaching the individual players and the team in playing the game -- generally, and in game-by-game preparation, and in in-game bench coaching?

Reactions: C1180
When you put a poster on ignore it should cover all of their handles . For instance you have Havoc79 in here under yet another dumbass handle , maybe I should be notified every time he creates one via alerts . Knowing how others voted is a nice feature , more or less an I.Q. test .

Reactions: Sithlyone
I voted but would have preferred a choice of 4.5

I'm ecstatic with Cal and wouldn't want to have to replace him.

LOL. Jamal Mercer a 2

Knowsalltellsall a 1.

Graves a 1.

Ramhard a 2.

North Carolina fans "don't care". Just remember that. [laughing]

I think many of us would be unable to answer this as a single question. I think the better inquiry would be split into three questions: How happy are you with Cal's performance (a) As a recruiter? (b) As an ambassador for U.K. basketball? (c) In actually coaching the individual players and the team in playing the game -- generally, and in game-by-game preparation, and in in-game bench coaching?

It's kind of a loaded question, but there's a good way out of it. If you're a UK fan you are either a 4 or 5. Pretty simple really.

I voted 4, but actually prefer some kind of 4.5 or something.

After the Tournament there has been a lot of turmoil in BBN or at least on this board. I've read a lot of negative comments regarding something that Cal has either said or done. I am a bit confused about this and wanted to know how the majority of fans felt (at least on this board). My guess is that most fans are happy with Cal and want him here for the long haul, but are just disappointed at the results of the Wisconsin game and the recent recruiting snubs.

So How happy are you with Cal's job? Me, I'm ecstatic.
After the Tournament there has been a lot of turmoil in BBN or at least on this board. I've read a lot of negative comments regarding something that Cal has either said or done. I am a bit confused about this and wanted to know how the majority of fans felt (at least on this board). My guess is that most fans are happy with Cal and want him here for the long haul, but are just disappointed at the results of the Wisconsin game and the recent recruiting snubs.

So How happy are you with Cal's job? Me, I'm ecstatic.
Give up the stall ball and I'm peachy keen...

Reactions: .S&C.
You guys that wanna blast people for questioning Cal or suggesting things need to check yourself at the door!!!!!! CAL COACH K Rick arent the only ones that know basketball..
others can have opinions and insights and guess what...they arent always wrong...just because your profession isnt a coach doesnt mean you cant have insight that can help
so....how did you choose? What is your real opinion?

I'mavolsfan voted him a 2!!

A Tennessee basketball fan gives Cals Kentucky job approval rating a 2!

:cool2:[banana]:pimp::cool2:[banana]:cool2:

I think it is a real display of ignorance not to understand what Cal has done in reaching the Final Four four years in five -- with essentially a different team dominated by freshmen every year. It is one of the great coaching performances in modern college basketball history.

The "he's only 3-3 in Final Four games in that span" is particularly illogical, considering the challenges he's faced in replacing 70-90 percent of his scoring and rebounding every year. He got to the Final Four with a jump shooting team in 2011, with a dominant center in 2012, with an all-freshmen starting five that played lock-down defense in 2014 and with a bunch of talented players who he had to convince to sacrifice and be a team in 2015.

And not every dominant team even makes it to the Final Four -- #1 overall seed Kansas lost to Northern Iowa in 2010, #1 overall Ohio State lost to Kentucky in 2011. In 2012, North Carolina was given a great shot to go 40-0, but crumbled under an injury, something Cal has dealt with the past two years.

It's a great era of Kentucky basketball and Cal is the main reason.

I think it is a real display of ignorance not to understand what Cal has done in reaching the Final Four four years in five -- with essentially a different team dominated by freshmen every year. It is one of the great coaching performances in modern college basketball history.

The "he's only 3-3 in Final Four games in that span" is particularly illogical, considering the challenges he's faced in replacing 70-90 percent of his scoring and rebounding every year. He got to the Final Four with a jump shooting team in 2011, with a dominant center in 2012, with an all-freshmen starting five that played lock-down defense in 2014 and with a bunch of talented players who he had to convince to sacrifice and be a team in 2015.

And not every dominant team even makes it to the Final Four -- #1 overall seed Kansas lost to Northern Iowa in 2010, #1 overall Ohio State lost to Kentucky in 2011. In 2012, North Carolina was given a great shot to go 40-0, but crumbled under an injury, something Cal has dealt with the past two years.

Boom!

I'd say no way. 4 Final Fours in the first 6 years? I'd say Roy had 3 his first 6 at UNC...winning 2 titles, but strictly Final Fours I can't think of anyone. Pitino went for 3/6 years at UK when he was eligible to do it...which was impressive as well. I don't think its fair to count the first two years against him, but to be fair...he was able to build his team some those years so maybe you have to in this discussion.

And neither of them had to coach a final four starting fives mainly dominated by true freshmen. Don't tell me that coaching juniors and seniors is not an easier job.

I don't think some people fully understand how exceptional this era of Kentucky basketball has been... Especially younger fans who didn't go through the Tubby days. Cal is setting a standard for future UK coaches that may never be lived up to

Reactions: W2R
5!

2 Final Fours, a Runner-Up, and a National Championship in 6 years is incredible. We know we aren't going to win the title every year but we do expect to have a team that can compete for it on a regular basis. Cal has brought back those glory years from the 90s that I so fondly remember from my childhood and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Last few years of Tubby and pretty much all of Billy if I missed a game I was ok with it. Since Cal has been here I have watched every game and don't plan on missing one.

Between April, 1958 and March, 1996 Kentucky won one championship, and made the Final Four five times, losing despite arguably being the favorite in 1966, 1975 and 1993, and probably a co-favorite in 1984. That period saw the end of the Rupp era, the Joe B. Hall era, the Eddie Sutton era and a majority of the Rick Pitino era.

That's 38 years with the same number of championships and one more Final Four than Cal has won in five years.

I lived through a lot of that time which is why I'm laughing derisively at the fools who have exposed themselves on this thread by voting something other than a 5.
This pretty much sums it up! People get greedy. You would think they would enjoy this but yet they look,at the bad. In our glorious history Calipari has taken UK to 1/3 of our final fours

Reactions: Sithlyone
Anybody that would conduct and or vote in a poll of this nature, do not deserve coach Cal and what he has done for this university on and off the court.

Whoever the 7 voters are that didn't pick a 4 or 5 are either trolls or UK fans that need a good beating or are mentally slow!!!!!

"How happy are you with Cal's job?"

I think I would be very happy. BBN might not be but even if I got fired the next year, they'd have to buy me out (I'd work my tail off not to violate anything in the contract) and I could retire and live much better than I will on my own retirement.

You guys that wanna blast people for questioning Cal or suggesting things need to check yourself at the door!!!!!! CAL COACH K Rick arent the only ones that know basketball..
others can have opinions and insights and guess what...they arent always wrong...just because your profession isnt a coach doesnt mean you cant have insight that can help

I think you had a good post until the last 3 words. To say that you can help, somebody who has never even laid 1 eye on a practice with any of these players, is just absurd. We can all have good insight and debate but at the end of the day, I would always trust what our coach wanted to do with his team. He is the one at practice everyday and who knows these player inside and out. Hindsight is 20/20 and we can all look back and be armchair QBs but that's always after the fact. I'm always going to trust the coach over a fan any day. All day and everyday!

Between April, 1958 and March, 1996 Kentucky won one championship, and made the Final Four five times, losing despite arguably being the favorite in 1966, 1975 and 1993, and probably a co-favorite in 1984. That period saw the end of the Rupp era, the Joe B. Hall era, the Eddie Sutton era and a majority of the Rick Pitino era.

That's 38 years with the same number of championships and one more Final Four than Cal has won in five years.

I lived through a lot of that time which is why I'm laughing derisively at the fools who have exposed themselves on this thread by voting something other than a 5.

This is why I said this is a stupid and loaded poll. I was thinking 9 out of 10 or 4.5 out of 5. Now we have people running through the thread condemning all who thought of the poll a bit differently.

ridiculous.

Im just sayin...fans can know the game....there can only be one UK basketball coach at a time...doesnt mean the rest of us are clueless

Whoever the 7 voters are that didn't pick a 4 or 5 are either trolls or UK fans that need a good beating or are mentally slow!!!!!

AF cat, catsfan70, jamal mercer, Graves51, Iamavolsfan, Ramhard, KnowsAllTellsAll.....

All voted 3, 2, or 1.

I am here to say that I would never vote that I wanted Cal gone. You can look back through some of my post history and see that.

My 12 yr old son who also gets on RR voted a 2.

Cal is great for UK and the last 6 years have been fantastic. I hope he never leaves.

And I have taken the Xbox away from my son as punishment.

What's amazing is the way he's done it. He's had almost an entirely different team from year to year. That's extremely difficult & I don't think there is a coach anywhere, including Coach K, that can do that.

I am here to say that I would never vote that I wanted Cal gone. You can look back through some of my post history and see that.

Cal is great for UK and the last 6 years have been fantastic. I hope he never leaves.

nod.gif

tumblr_m062gmqEdG1qhxirho1_r2_500.gif

yeah_sure_jon_hamm.gif

What's amazing is the way he's done it. He's had almost an entirely different team from year to year. That's extremely difficult & I don't think there is a coach anywhere, including Coach K, that can do that.

I voted a 4 and completely agree. The questions are crazy misleading but whatever. I'll let everyone who voted 5 over 4 feel like a super fan. :D

I'm more interested in people not realizing their votes show. lol.

What is wrong with him?

ADVERTISEMENT