ADVERTISEMENT

How good of a Coach would Mark Stoops be for iowa?

RunninRichie

All-American
Sep 5, 2019
I mean what a awesome coach this man would be for the Hawkeyes. Conservative, kinda likes opening up the offense a little bit (perfect for the Iowa fans tired of their current offensive ineptitude), scared to put in backups down 40 points, will win you 10 games every few years, Dry personality, Old school big-ten style mindset. I think Iowa needs to make the call.

I mean what an awesome coach this man would be for the Hawkeyes. Conservative, kinda likes opening up the offense a little bit (perfect for the Iowa fans tired of their current offensive ineptitude), scared to put in backups down 40 points, will win you 10 games every few years, Dry personality, Old school big-ten style mindset. I think Iowa needs to make the call.
Who would you like to see us go after if he leaves?

I mean what a awesome coach this man would be for the Hawkeyes. Conservative, kinda likes opening up the offense a little bit (perfect for the Iowa fans tired of their current offensive ineptitude), scared to put in backups down 40 points, will win you 10 games every few years, Dry personality, Old school big-ten style mindset. I think Iowa needs to make the call.
Damn ... what a great point. Really.

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
I mean what an awesome coach this man would be for the Hawkeyes. Conservative, kinda likes opening up the offense a little bit (perfect for the Iowa fans tired of their current offensive ineptitude), scared to put in backups down 40 points, will win you 10 games every few years, Dry personality, Old school big-ten style mindset. I think Iowa needs to make the call.
You’re an idiot

Not sure Iowa is a ‘better ’ program than UK , but in general , with what Stoops sort of is right now isn’t what a top 25 caliber program is going to want for $7-9mil . The .500 ish overall record, slower pace of play with a more ‘D’ oriented philosophy isn’t a huge sell for a fan base that’s maybe used to winning , and isn’t going to get anyone over the top….such as have Michigan state beating Ohio state and Michigan regularly , having Iowa a playoff contender ,etc. He’s at a perfect place where there hasn’t been much success at all , and has been able to build it up a lot . He’s not taking someone on the cusp to the next level …throw in he’s top 10 in pay. Where he’s at in pay nearly assures he won‘t be hired away from us . I do agree with his pay, because it’s not taking anything away from anyone . With these mega-conferences and the TV deals and revenue sharing , his current pay will be middle of the pack after a couple more hiring cycles .

Reactions: RunninRichie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT