ADVERTISEMENT

How good can Denzil Ware be?

I think he has 1st round ability it's all up to him on whether he realizes his potential.

240 is nice to a RS FR. He could still add to that and be the size of Bud when he leaves. I agree he has the tools to be a first rounder. Just needs to go and do it.

He's actually up to 255 now. He's gained 40 pounds since arriving at UK.

Reactions: Brock28
Is he ahead of Jabari Johnson right now or will Ware be a 3rd down pass rusher right now?

Is he ahead of Jabari Johnson right now or will Ware be a 3rd down pass rusher right now?

Seems like he's going to be a 3rd down pass rusher, which I'm fine with. Jabari Johnson is a terrific run stopper. Guy can flat out mow running backs over.

I do not know if he will start but he will get a lot of playing time because he is talented and plays a need position.
The 2015 Media guide has him repping with the 2s behind Johnson.

How are thing going with your son. Is he going to play this year or is he going to redshirt and do you have a preference?

Reactions: Brock28
He will be probably our best defensive player IMO. DUDE will make stuff happen just a gut feeling.

May be the best defender as a Junior, but if he is our best anytime soon we are in trouble.

I think he can be great for us and a really good edge rusher but I don't see him being a 1st rounder. He's a bit small to have his hand in the dirt and be a 1st rounder IMO.

Reactions: gocatswin
I do not know if he will start but he will get a lot of playing time because he is talented and plays a need position.

How are thing going with your son. Is he going to play this year or is he going to redshirt and do you have a preference?

Of course I can't speak for his Dad but I think he posted early on that he himself preferred that his son redshirt. But then he posted that he had lost about (forgot the exact numbers but whatever they were it was very impressive) 20 or more bad pounds and then replaced it with 45 or 50 pounds of muscle. It might be a waste to redshirt him considering he seems to have really bought in and is willing to do the work required, sounds like he has already passed the first test for a freshman to play in the SEC, rebuilding your body. Of course enrolling early also plays a huge part. There is NO doubt he would have played this year on almost all our previous teams, not so clear cut now.

Reactions: zwynn10
How good can he be? Thoughts?
We know Ware has the ability to become a very good player, because he received scholarship offers from Ohio State, Florida State, Notre Dame, Clemson, Georgia. Those staffs don't get it wrong very often. The question here is how the transition to the 3-4 helps a player like Ware. That is something that must play out on the field. If player development is a strength in our program, and I think it is, then you expect to see it come together with a player like Ware.

We know Ware has the ability to become a very good player, because he received scholarship offers from Ohio State, Florida State, Notre Dame, Clemson, Georgia. Those staffs don't get it wrong very often. The question here is how the transition to the 3-4 helps a player like Ware. That is something that must play out on the field. If player development is a strength in our program, and I think it is, then you expect to see it come together with a player like Ware.

Do you think he could be as good (or better) then Bud? I think he has all the physical tools to be as good as bud and possibly better. I'm excited to see him play.

Do you think he could be as good (or better) then Bud? I think he has all the physical tools to be as good as bud and possibly better. I'm excited to see him play.

I see no reason why he can't. Bud turned out to be an amazing player. A lot of that was coaching, a lot was his work ethic. If Ware wants it bad enough, the coaches have 4 years to push him to be the best he can be. My gut says he is going to be a very special player that will go on to be one that the coaches can point at and say "come to UK and you can end up like him".

Impossible to say at this point. Talent is 1 thing. Learning and development are another. Bud Dupree climbed his developmental curve quicker and farther than most college players do. In comparing Dupree to Ware, what you are really asking is will Ware become a mid-1st round NFL draft choice. I honestly don't know, but that's a very high bar.

KG is doing well and no decision yet on RS. He's been repping with the 2s exclusively at Jack and Sam. Some mediums have him listed as DE however he hasn't played that position since the spring game although he continues to workout with both groups. His one on one training has been with Coach Buh mostly. I think Ware can be very special as a pass rusher coming off the edge. The competition and depth at that Jack position is really good which should only make Ware better. Sounds like Ware and KG could be on the field at the same time depending on the package if he doesn't RS.

KG is doing well and no decision yet on RS. He's been repping with the 2s exclusively at Jack and Sam. Some mediums have him listed as DE however he hasn't played that position since the spring game although he continues to workout with both groups. His one on one training has been with Coach Buh mostly. I think Ware can be very special as a pass rusher coming off the edge. The competition and depth at that Jack position is really good which should only make Ware better. Sounds like Ware and KG could be on the field at the same time depending on the package if he doesn't RS.

Good news on KG. Does he have a preference on which he would rather play? It will be fun to watch KG and Ware wreak havoc on offenses for the next 4 years.

Good news on KG. Does he have a preference on which he would rather play? It will be fun to watch KG and Ware wreak havoc on offenses for the next 4 years.
No preference yet, he is learning both positions so it is an exciting challenge for him. Ware is faster coming off the edge right now and most of his snaps may come from behind Jabari in passing situations and it sounds like the plan is have both of them being able to switch sides depending on the defense. Really looking forward to seeing how Ware performs now that he has a year of HPM training under his belt and a firmer grasp of the defense.

Reactions: BDamCat

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. It is always good to get a little inside information and I can think of nothing more inside than a fathers information about his son.

doesn't matter who starts. In the SEC, on D, we need depth, and rotation.
DW is a lot like Wesley Woodyard. He can run, hit and he will be a name ala Woodyard. He is a beast.

ADVERTISEMENT