ADVERTISEMENT

How do you get banned from UNC Rivals w/o posting?

KMKAT

All-American
Sep 17, 2003
Duluth
Is 'Big Brother Tar Heel' watching the UK site? [winking]

If so, guilty as Roy, but I haven't forgotten anything close to what Roy has........

TarHeelIllustrated.com - Error
You have been banned for the following reason: Rules violations

By simply having the term "Cat or Kat" in your name. No other reason. Thats all.

Both I and JPScott are banned but neither of us has "cat" in our usernames. We were both banned without posting over there because the mods were afraid that we might post there.

The mods over there run the board like a 3rd world country being run by a little wimp who is afraid of everyone.

I just went on there and didn't seem to have a problem. I clicked on a thread and then hit reply and it opened the box for me to type in a message. I then closed out and didn't type anything in. Looked like I was allowed to do it but chose not to since I really didn't have anything to say to them. Do you have to actually putting a post up on the board to receive that message, OP, or did they not even allow you to get as far as I did?

I just went on there and didn't seem to have a problem. I clicked on a thread and then hit reply and it opened the box for me to type in a message. I then closed out and didn't type anything in. Looked like I was allowed to do it but chose not to since I really didn't have anything to say to them. Do you have to actually putting a post up on the board to receive that message, OP, or did they not even allow you to get as far as I did?
You made it past the guards. Shoulda just left a [banana][banana]....then you would of got the permaban.

You made it past the guards. Shoulda just left a [banana][banana]....then you would of got the permaban.

OK, maybe I should go back and do something like that but really I don't even actually care about their board and very rarely go over there. Maybe I should give them the :boxing::boxing::boxing:

How in hell did know you are a Duke fan
I was banned over there years ago, long before Rivals revamped the messageboards and all bans were lifted. Also, I'm a regular poster in our ongoing thread at Duke's free board called "Favorite THR Quotes." (If you're ever bored, there are some real gems in that thread). Have to figure both tipped them off.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Honestly, that board is pretty depressing these days. They can't get over 2012 when UK won the title instead of the best team they have had in years. Duke winning two titles in the last 5 years has only made them extremely bitter and hostile. Now with the impending sanctions, denial and delusion seems quite strong over there.

No problem posting..........a thread there about Cal only having 1 legit star in the NBA........Davis.[roll][roll][roll][roll][roll]

Is 'Big Brother Tar Heel' watching the UK site? [winking]

If so, guilty as Roy, but I haven't forgotten anything close to what Roy has........

TarHeelIllustrated.com - Error
You have been banned for the following reason: Rules violations

I don't know about that, but one things is for sure: you will have to change that license plate very soon.

Reactions: KMKAT

I cannot login here and the go over to THR and read that board. It just pops up that I have been banned for violations of rules.

If I logout completely, I can read their threads. I know their mods read this board because they will sometimes post what we are talking about so my guess is that they did bans of anyone who posted about them on this board. Banning me isn't surprising because I have given them a hard time but they banned JPS because they are fearful that he will post some facts on their board. That, to me, is pretty darn pathetic!

HeelBent and Mike Irby ban posters just because they can. Not seen any other Mod there saying anything like those two.

I was also banned without posting . Some way they know we are a member of the Kentucky site and automatically ban us. Must be afraid we will post a negative comment about their cheating ways.

I have never posted over there either, and I'm getting the banned message also. Ah well... :cool:

When you apply with a username, they search sites for posts you have made. If they see a disparaging post made by you about UNC, they will deny your application to post. If you have been accepted under the aforementioned process, they will continue to periodically monitory your posts and if you make a disparaging post about UNC on another site. They will ban you from their site.

I'm assuming the MODS aren't UNC alums if they're able to read what others are saying, and know what the ban button does. That or they're just face pounding their keyboards like sloth, and people are just accidentally getting banned left and right. Either way, its's just a sad situation all the way around.

Reactions: Jkwo
Honestly, that board is pretty depressing these days. They can't get over 2012 when UK won the title instead of the best team they have had in years. Duke winning two titles in the last 5 years has only made them extremely bitter and hostile. Now with the impending sanctions, denial and delusion seems quite strong over there.
Boo hoo. That 2012 UNC team lost 57-90 to Florida State that year. It was never going to win a NC.

Reactions: Mark Gastineau
the only time i ever go to THR is when both schools are recruiting the same kid, i never post

heelbent and mike both attack UK on a regular basis, yet neither have the honor or integrity to discuss the UNC academic fraud scandal, which is the biggest academic fraud scandal in the history of the NCAA
both are nothing but cowards

NC State forum is the same. They wont approve any applications unless u have an NC ip and obvious wolfpack username (their fans dont get out of the the state much)

the only time i ever go to THR is when both schools are recruiting the same kid, i never post

heelbent and mike both attack UK on a regular basis, yet neither have the honor or integrity to discuss the UNC academic fraud scandal, which is the biggest academic fraud scandal in the history of the NCAA
both are nothing but cowards

I remember reading their take on the PJ scandal. Mike said that UK fans would be in meltdown when PJ was cleared. He later deleted his comments when he found out that PJ was never going to play again![roll]

Reactions: ArmyWildcat81

The funny thing is, as good as they were UK was still clearly better. Not saying it was impossible for them to have beat us had we matched up again in the title game, its best of one so anything can happen, but I think the likely result would have been another UK victory. UNC played well and shot lights out in December and still lost. And since then it sure seems Ol Roy has lost his touch.

I for one am appreciative of our mods allowing discussion and having a light ban hammer. Seems like you have to really raise some hell to get it around here and thats how it should be. Unless you're a rival fan clearly trolling you're good to go.

Both I and JPScott are banned but neither of us has "cat" in our usernames. We were both banned without posting over there because the mods were afraid that we might post there.

The mods over there run the board like a 3rd world country being run by a little wimp who is afraid of everyone.

Preacher, surely you aren't suggesting the their board is the North Korea of basketball forums run by perverse little dictators which shoot forieigners on sight. If you aren't, you should.

Does that make Bobbi swerve the Dennis Rodman of posters, only without the rebounding?

Preacher, surely you aren't suggesting the their board is the North Korea of basketball forums run by perverse little dictators which shoot forieigners on sight. If you aren't, you should.

Does that make Bobbi swerve the Dennis Rodman of posters, only without the rebounding?
That guy needs a permanent ban on this site:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

ADVERTISEMENT