ADVERTISEMENT

Hoseless, maskless CPAP

fvanhoose

Sophomore
Dec 1, 2007
Columbia, SC
I stumbled across an article on this new device for those with sleep apnea. No mask, no hose, no large machine. I don't know if this device will ever do what the inventor claims it will do but it is definitely something to keep and eye on.

I've gotten used to the mask now having had to use it for over a year but if I could ditch it and the hoses I surely would.

http://www.fundairing.com/journal/2...cordless-maskless-battery-powered-cpap-device

I might have to take a second look at that.

I have been using a C-pap for 8 years. It is a hassle but it has helped me. Before I started using it I was getting so narcoleptic I would almost fall asleep talking to someone and it is a wonder I never fell asleep at the wheel. I had also gotten up to about 240 lbs and BP was out of control now I am a trim 199 lbs and BP is better.

Besides not being very romantic it causes runny noses and probably more colds and I usually sleep on my back all the time. When I was in my 20's I could fall into bed face first and sleep like a baby. Ole to be young again.

It's disposable, no clear definition of battery power/life, no humidifier for those that need it and it's likely does not have any the more complicated functions like Bilevel.

Stole this thought from the comments section, but if this is such an amazing medical product, it wouldn't have to be crowd sourced. Skeptical.

I agree, although I am glad someone continues to try improve compliance rates. I just wonder why they didn't get the attention of big time cpap companies which are continuing to improve their device. There are several types of these machine like some ones already mentioned Bipap, Cpap, ASV. These machines work on back pressure to keep airway open. I don't see how that little thing stands up as far as keeping in in the nares. Think I will wait and keep using my machine which I love to use.

I just wonder why they didn't get the attention of big time cpap companies which are continuing to improve their device.

Add Big Air (along with Big Oil and Big Pharma) to the list of soul-less, face-less conglomerates trying to stifle innovation and destroy the little guy.

Last edited:
Add Big Air (along with Big Oil and Big Pharma) to the list of soul-less, face-less conglomerates trying to stifle innovation and destroy the little guy.

lol.The nerve of face-less conglomerates saving millions of lives. Dr Sullivan that invented the first cpap machine that went on to become a face-less conglomerate that has saved millions of those lives would agree. I thank him for his machine which I still use every night,

I can't sleep without mine. I think in psychologically addicted to it.

Not sure how this new one will work out but I wish someone would come with a small travel one just to be used on planes, long car trips, my kids chorus concerts, etc

ADVERTISEMENT