ADVERTISEMENT

Honest Question

Apr 11, 2024
If we go by what Drummond said and they were meeting with Hurley's reps less than 2 hours ago, how do we already have a no? Also, why would Mitch or anyone travel to talk with reps unless they had an idea there was a decent chance. If a guy is a 100% no under no circumstances, why have someone waste time to travel? None of this adds up! I would love to hear opinions...

Reactions: DDMatUK=NBA
If we go by what Drummond said and they were meeting with Hurley's reps less than 2 hours ago, how do we already have a no? Also, why would Mitch or anyone travel to talk with reps unless they had an idea there was a decent chance. If a guy is a 100% no under no circumstances, why have someone waste time to travel? None of this adds up! I would love to hear opinions...
Because when you’re taking a long shot you do it in person. Especially offering millions. The Crafts have the money to travel so don’t worry about that.

This is Cal’s last gift to us so we have to suffer it.

I’ve had job interviews that ended with me declining the position after 20 minutes.

Maybe this went down like that.

Honest question - why don't you put the question in the thread title?

Because UK had to make him say no because he’s the best coach in the country, also if we didn’t even attempt to get him fans would be pissed. From Hurley’s point it would be a bad business decision to officially say no and not entertain UK until UCONN agrees to everything he wants.

Reactions: catben
I’ve had job interviews that ended with me declining the position after 20 minutes.

Maybe this went down like that.
But, a smart agent would have taken the time to go back to UConn officials and have them counter offer. I don't see how this was done so quickly, but it seems like it was.

Reactions: DDMatUK=NBA
He needed a number to take back to UConn that's all it was. It's over! The man went on radio less than an hour ago and said no. I don't know what else you need.

Reactions: dcw62
If I were an AD, I'd want to talk to all of the top options just as a CYA measure. Secondly, If it's Billy there's some time to kill here.

If that plane is still there and they are in fact meeting with Hurley or his agent, I'll wait for an official "NO" before I know what to think. $100 million is no joke by anyone's standards and Hurley or anyone else in the country should take it. He's a fool if he didn't take that offer..if it even happened at all.

Mitch put all his eggs in the Scott Drew Basket and now unless Billy D says yes and who knows when or if that will come, we're on the 5th or 6th choice in the pecking order now

Do we even know that is why the plane is in New York? Mitch could have met with Hurley via Teams Meeting or somewhere else

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT