ADVERTISEMENT

Here’s another quote

How do you fire someone for doing what they say they will do from day 1? Cal never hid the fact that he is a players first coach. Seriously, we hired him because we didn't care what his philosophy was as long as he would win. Yep, he quit winning. But, doing what he said he would do isn't grounds for being fired.
No, Barney should be fired for hiring a Coach with that philosophy. Cal should be fired for performance and result issues.

I guess this is a vent type thread because nothing has been discussed here that hasn't been discussed here a hundred times. I have wanted Cal gone since 2020. I guess some have just started to catch up.

Here are a couple of other quotes from De 'Arron Fox about Cal's coaching ability to tickle your fancy.

“Cal couldn’t give a damn about winning college basketball games. If he’s getting guys who he knows he can end up developing into NBA players, you’re automatically going to win 30 games a year just from that alone.

The way that he coaches, it’s like absolute freedom. He’ll put X’s and O’s but at the end of the day, everything’s going to end up in a pick and roll or isolation.

Calipari is what he is and will not change because he doesn't have to. He is a manager, not a coach. He just managed to find the ultimate enabler in the UK program.

You will never find a coach who cares about this program more than themselves unless you find a homegrown Kentucky guy who understand the traditions and why they matter. That is a unicorn type situation unfortunately.

And that is why I agree it’s time for Cal to go.

Cal has been true to his word from day 1.

Cal is a great coach and he will be damn hard to replace.

But I want a coach that puts the program first even if he’s not as good as Cal.
So we'll said. That's what I want. I want recruits who want to be out there on the floor. Not recruits who try and buy time behind camps, doctors and coaches who are draft-first. Bring Belmont's coach in here. A coach who would be all about UK and who runs an offense that actually generates looks for these kids.

Reactions: crestcat
How do you fire someone for doing what they say they will do from day 1? Cal never hid the fact that he is a players first coach. Seriously, we hired him because we didn't care what his philosophy was as long as he would win. Yep, he quit winning. But, doing what he said he would do isn't grounds for being fired.
Cals full of shit. At his press conference he talked about the tradition and how we don't raise banners for nothing else but National Championships. That's called switching up. He didn't get so deep in all that player 1st bullshit til he had a little success at Kentucky and then he decided he could talk to us anyway he wanted to. Then when he get his ass beat he won't come out and talk to Tom Leach. 🤐🙄

Reactions: Ugoff and yoshukai
Good for you. Nobody cares what you think. We're all tired of losing. But you keep defending your dad.
Of all the people you mentioned, you are the biggest loser of the 3. Cal and Rose are way more successful, and they never have once thought about you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT