ADVERTISEMENT

Heartbreaker in 1988

Jan 27, 2024
Eddie Sutton coached cats lost to Villanova in the game- it was my Senior year, and I attended many practices which at that time were open and at Memorial Collosium. We were super talented, and definitely this was the most talented team that Eddie ever had at any school.
Rex Chapman, Ed Davender, Winston Bennett, Rob Lock, LeRon Ellis, Richard Madison and Eric Manuel. All 5* McDonalds AA- I may be missing a couple more.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fans that think it sucks around here now, Shoulda been there for Sutton’s last year. First losing season in my lifetime. There was no internet but several call in shows. And before every game, the CJ and LHL rehashed every detail of the scandal as if it was all new info. THAT was miserable time to be a UK fan.

That was a horrible performance from start to finish, fell way behind at the beginning and never recovered, everyone other than Chapman sucked that night

Reactions: Haggin_Hall_1983
Boom roasted

6j72.gif

• Love
Reactions: Fox2monk
Fans that think it sucks around here now, Shoulda been there for Sutton’s last year. First losing season in my lifetime. There was no internet but several call in shows. And before every game, the CJ and LHL rehashed every detail of the scandal as if it was all new info. THAT was miserable time to be a UK fan.

Living out of state and having UK banned from TV was also very miserable. Sutton will always top my list of UK's worst coaching hires.

Had to check the box score…man, they just shot the lights out. Efg% 61.8, 17-17 on FTs. We didn’t shoot horribly—efg% 52.5, 12-17 on FTs. Every other stat was close to a wash. They were +5 on the same number of free throws, and won by 6. Davender (2-12) and Manuel (3-10) did not shoot it well, and Manuel had 5 TOs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT