ADVERTISEMENT

Heard, Miller, and Blue have joined NFL franchises

Rhavicc

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 15, 2014
Heard has gone to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Miller has gone to the Cleveland Browns, and Blue has gone to the Green Bay Packers (where I fully expect Randall Cobb to take him under his wing). Congratulations to the 3 of them.

Edited because Mr. Schwump (Or Mrs. Chwump maybe? I've always wondered) has taught me the error of my ways.

Last edited:
Ronnie Shields has went to Seattle. I has went back to English language class.

By my rough estimate, each NFL team signs 8-10 UDFAs. Generally at best one or most two of them per team will make the roster, usually as a Practice Squad player. There are exceptions of course (Woodyard, etc.), but most UDFAs regardless of where they went to school, position, etc. have a tough time catching on with a team. Not to be a Debbie Downer, would love to see all UK UDFAs make their respective teams, but realistically that's not going to happen.

By my rough estimate, each NFL team signs 8-10 UDFAs. Generally at best one or most two of them per team will make the roster, usually as a Practice Squad player. There are exceptions of course (Woodyard, etc.), but most UDFAs regardless of where they went to school, position, etc. have a tough time catching on with a team. Not to be a Debbie Downer, would love to see all UK UDFAs make their respective teams, but realistically that's not going to happen.

True, it's a long shot for these guys but the more things these guys can do the better chance of making a roster. I feel the guy with the best shot is Blue. He had over 70 catches for 1200 yds in 2 years. His problem was he couldn't stay healthy. It's a shame we never really saw what he was capable of. If he can make a ST spot as in kick coverage he might just worm his way onto a roster.

Great news, thanks for the info. Very glad to see more UK players to have the opportunity to play in the NFL. Go BB

Looks like 3 former Cats, Heard, D Robinson and Miller, will get shots with the Browns. I guess Joker Phillips is trying to do for the Browns what he did for UK. Good luck to all.

Looks like 3 former Cats, Heard, D Robinson and Miller, will get shots with the Browns. I guess Joker Phillips is trying to do for the Browns what he did for UK. Good luck to all.

Unfornautely the Browns are already the most dysfunctional franchise in the NFL !

ADVERTISEMENT