ADVERTISEMENT

Haven't seen anything about this: any chance Floreal can contribute?

gamecockcat

All-SEC
Oct 29, 2004
Evidently, a superior athlete. Any chance he can become a 2/3 defensive stopper or perhaps a slasher ala MKG who will get a loose ball, keep a rebound alive, draw a charge, etc.? I know he hasn't played hardly at all but this year might be his chance to show something. I wouldn't expect him to play much but if he could give 10 quality, shutdown defense minutes when called upon, that would be invaluable. Any talk about him for the upcoming season?

he is buried pretty deep down the depth chart at a position where we are loaded,if he were 6'7" or so there would be minutes for the taking but that is not the case.

Great kid, great athlete but most likely will only see mop up minutes while at UK. He does play the other team's best player during scouting. That is an overlooked aspect of preparation. EJ will contribute in ways we may never see.

Reactions: MWes11
Evidently, a superior athlete. Any chance he can become a 2/3 defensive stopper or perhaps a slasher ala MKG who will get a loose ball, keep a rebound alive, draw a charge, etc.? I know he hasn't played hardly at all but this year might be his chance to show something. I wouldn't expect him to play much but if he could give 10 quality, shutdown defense minutes when called upon, that would be invaluable. Any talk about him for the upcoming season?
Sounds like an idea Tubby would relish.
Please stop.

Is there a chance he may get drafted? If not, then he might get a few seconds of mop up duty like Hawkins and Willis.

I played pickup ball with him quite a bit in high school. I am NOT a D-I level basketball player, but it seemed to me that his handles were not where they would need to be to contribute at this level. Ball-handling tends to not improve that much over time so I'd be surprised if he can help you out, but certainly wish him the best.

He will compete for 5th man off the bench, unless we sign somebody else.

Is there a chance he may get drafted? If not, then he might get a few seconds of mop up duty like Hawkins and Willis.

Yeah, becaue none of those players are any good. I can't believe people like you actually want UK's basketball coach to play inferior players. Then when Cal loses games you will demand he gets fired. SMH

I played pickup ball with him quite a bit in high school. I am NOT a D-I level basketball player, but it seemed to me that his handles were not where they would need to be to contribute at this level. Ball-handling tends to not improve that much over time so I'd be surprised if he can help you out, but certainly wish him the best.
This is so true. In terms of ball-handling, you either have it or you don't. I don't remember seeing EJ handle the ball much, but you have to have at least a good handle to play guard at this level.

Yeah, becaue none of those players are any good. I can't believe people like you actually want UK's basketball coach to play inferior players. Then when Cal loses games you will demand he gets fired. SMH
Your one track mind caused you to state a lot of things I didn't even say. I was just stating what Cal has said with his own mouth.

Try to keep up without thinking everything said is someone taking a shot at Cal.

Just LMAO...thats all...no wait..If he plays more than 30s a game we're in trouble

Lol osok, u kinda beat me to it. I was going to say if he runs track and field this year he could contribute there. Think about all the drink cups/bottles he could get out quickly to players who were playing. his speed and quickness he worked so hard at in track on in track could really save the guys who suffer from cramps and dehydration would t run that risk anymore.

The last thing he could do to contribute would be a better dancer in the pregame huddle. His moves are quickly becoming over rated and will not get this team pumped as they need to be so they can win

I'm afraid his contributions to our team/program are limited to what he offers in practice as another body for our regulars to go against. He has some athleticism and speed for them to practice against but, other than that, he will only see mop up time at the end of routs. And, he should be able to contribute to UK for his dad on the track, that's about it. Any hopes of him being a player who sees actual meaningful minutes in games is just fooling themselves.

He stated on TV that he didn't grow up playing basketball. He's an athlete but not yet a basketball player. I love seeing him dunk when he does get in though. What hops.

If what you're all saying is true, and I don't doubt it as I don't follow the BB team as closely as FB, why did Cal give him a scholarship - just being nice? I applaud him for rewarding a player's sweat equity but couldn't we have picked up a high 3-star kid who might develop vs. an 'athlete' who no one expects to play at all? Course we have extra schollys this year so really no big deal, I guess.

Unless we fail to get Murray AND at least one other guard gets hurt, there's zero chance he plays any meaningful minutes.

Probably around the same production we received from Twanny Beckham. Great kid-----good for the APR and Graduation Rate-----and a good athletic body to throw in there in practices against the 5-stars.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT