ADVERTISEMENT

Harbaugh on the herd: incredibly awkward

Worse than awkward. Not sure he has ANY conversational skills. How in the world does he alone persuade a kid to join Michigan without help from his assistants?

Wow that was horrible. I see why now another reason Marrow stayed lol.

Marrow "Coach Harbaugh why should I leave Kentucky to come to Michigan?"

Harbaugh "Well Vince. Ugh....umm....well how can I make this better for you."

Marrow "Jim money not the issue. I want to know why Michigan would be a better fit for me."

Harbaugh "Well....umm. Haha. What do you mean by fit? What is fit? What do you mean. I really don't know what you want Vince. You may want to ask my wife."

Marrow "Screw this."

I'm not a Cowherd fan by any means, but for some reason he gained a few points for himself in my book. Collin seriously could not have held his hand anymore through that mess and Harbaugh still responded like a baked fence post.

I'm not a Cowherd fan by any means, but for some reason he gained a few points for himself in my book. Collin seriously could not have held his hand anymore through that mess and Harbaugh still responded like a baked fence post.

Just heard the interview. Harbaugh came across as a complete ass. I wouldn't let my kid play for him if that is how he is all the time. Lost a lot of respect for Harbaugh. If you don't want to be interviewed, then just say no. No excuse for the way he acted today.

I've seen Harbaugh a few times since his move to Michigan and he just seems very odd. More odd than I recall him being as a player or as the coach of either Stanford or San Francisco.

I've seen Harbaugh a few times since his move to Michigan and he just seems very odd.
Nothing new, he has always been this way. Does not seem to possess normal human ability to interact.

He is a burn brightly/burn quickly kind of guy. Will not be Michigan's head coach when we reach 2020.

My goodness, how horrible. I thought this was being a bit overblown before I listened, but that was an atrocity. How did this guy ever get hired after an interview?

--

Harbaugh's wife:
Jim, I'm going out to town, what do you want me to pick up for dinner? I don't feel like cooking today.

Harbaugh: Uh.. uhmmm, I mean, what do you like?

Harbaugh's wife: Jim, we've been married for 11 years, you should know what I like by now..

Harbaugh:
Should I? Should I know? What do you uhm.. What do you mean by uh.. "know"

Harbaugh's wife: I want to feel like you take an interest in the things that I like.

Harbaugh: ohhhhh~! You mean "know" like, know things about you. I thought you meant "no", like "no I will not take an interest in your life".

Harbaugh's wife: Ugh, this is going nowhere. I'm asking you what you want for dinner and you have nothing to say.

Harbaugh: heh.. hehehe.. uh, I mean, what can I do to make this phone call better for you?

Harbaugh's wife: ... I'm just going to get Subway.

Harbaugh: ...

*phone hangs up*

--

A day in the life of Jim Harbaugh. What an incredibly awkward world to live in.

Lol that was atrocious.
I actually enjoyed it in hindsight. Yeah, Harbaugh is a terrible interview, but I proceeded to listen to the next 30 minutes of the show and it was all Cowherd talking about how great he is with his guests/sets them up to help themselves/defending himself because Twitter followers in his controlled message said this and that. Smart on his behalf but not my thing. Hoping he squirmed a bit.

Sportscenter just called him out on it...played the whole awkward thing. Was great. The less people in Ohio like Jim Harbaugh, the happier I am.

Wow that was horrible. I see why now another reason Marrow stayed lol.

Marrow "Coach Harbaugh why should I leave Kentucky to come to Michigan?"

Harbaugh "Well Vince. Ugh....umm....well how can I make this better for you."

Marrow "Jim money not the issue. I want to know why Michigan would be a better fit for me."

Harbaugh "Well....umm. Haha. What do you mean by fit? What is fit? What do you mean. I really don't know what you want Vince. You may want to ask my wife."

Marrow "Screw this."

LOL at this, and it would probably be funnier still if I had heard the Cowherd interview. Somehow, this post makes me feel like I did.

I just caught the tail end of it as I was heading out to pick up lunch. That was just bizarre. WTF did Harbaugh agree to be interviewed in the first place if he wasn't going to put any more effort into it than that?

My goodness, how horrible. I thought this was being a bit overblown before I listened, but that was an atrocity. How did this guy ever get hired after an interview?

--

Harbaugh's wife:
Jim, I'm going out to town, what do you want me to pick up for dinner? I don't feel like cooking today.

Harbaugh: Uh.. uhmmm, I mean, what do you like?

Harbaugh's wife: Jim, we've been married for 11 years, you should know what I like by now..

Harbaugh:
Should I? Should I know? What do you uhm.. What do you mean by uh.. "know"

Harbaugh's wife: I want to feel like you take an interest in the things that I like.

Harbaugh: ohhhhh~! You mean "know" like, know things about you. I thought you meant "no", like "no I will not take an interest in your life".

Harbaugh's wife: Ugh, this is going nowhere. I'm asking you what you want for dinner and you have nothing to say.

Harbaugh: heh.. hehehe.. uh, I mean, what can I do to make this phone call better for you?

Harbaugh's wife: ... I'm just going to get Subway.

Harbaugh: ...

*phone hangs up*

--

A day in the life of Jim Harbaugh. What an incredibly awkward world to live in.
Well done.

Hahahahahaha. That was a horrible interview. But you can tell he just didn't want to be interviewed. That's why he asked "Is this 50 questions?" At the end..lol

He was probably lucky that an ex-buckeye or Spartan fan wasn't doing the interview. It could have gotten uglier.

Harbaugh Interview

Colin Cowherd interviewed Jim Harbaugh this morning and it was a train wreck.

Here's my guess..I know Harbaugh is notorious for not being the most out-going coach, but this was far from his norm..even by his standards..I've listened to him doing a lot of interviews, and none have even come close to being that bad.

I would bet quite a bit of money that the reason Harbaugh was acting like that was because of something Cowherd said about him while he was with the 49ers that rubbed him the wrong way, and that's his way of getting back at him. Harbaugh is a smart guy, and that was obviously intentional. He's a bad interviewer, but he's not that bad..you have to try to be that bad (especially with a guy like Cowherd who is one of the best sports interviewers in the business).

That was an intentional effort to give a bad interview..you could even listen to Harbaugh and see him trying to catch himself when he started saying too much.

I actually like Colin Cowherd, but he does give a lot of strong opinions (and I've listened to him giving some critical ones of Harbaugh in the past) and I'm almost positive that's why Harbaugh acted like that. Colin said something in the past, and Harbaugh is holding a grudge.

I'm 100% behind Colin Cowherd on this one. Harbaugh at the very least could've just mumbled some answers like Bill Belicheck does.

Reactions: eacsxt
Just heard the interview. Harbaugh came across as a complete ass. I wouldn't let my kid play for him if that is how he is all the time. Lost a lot of respect for Harbaugh. If you don't want to be interviewed, then just say no. No excuse for the way he acted today.

As a 49ers fan, this is pretty much the norm for him. I've rarely seen him give a good interview.

Here's my guess..I know Harbaugh is notorious for not being the most out-going coach, but this was far from his norm..even by his standards..I've listened to him doing a lot of interviews, and none have even come close to being that bad.

I would bet quite a bit of money that the reason Harbaugh was acting like that was because of something Cowherd said about him while he was with the 49ers that rubbed him the wrong way, and that's his way of getting back at him. Harbaugh is a smart guy, and that was obviously intentional. He's a bad interviewer, but he's not that bad..you have to try to be that bad (especially with a guy like Cowherd who is one of the best sports interviewers in the business).

That was an intentional effort to give a bad interview..you could even listen to Harbaugh and see him trying to catch himself when he started saying too much.

I actually like Colin Cowherd, but he does give a lot of strong opinions (and I've listened to him giving some critical ones of Harbaugh in the past) and I'm almost positive that's why Harbaugh acted like that. Colin said something in the past, and Harbaugh is holding a grudge.

I'm 100% behind Colin Cowherd on this one. Harbaugh at the very least could've just mumbled some answers like Bill Belicheck does.

That doesn't even make sense? Why go on if you don't want to? He didn't do himself any favors by doing the interview.

Fine to do if it's some local nit wit or even a regional guy but this is National Sports Radio and ESPN. He looks like the dip to everyone not wearing a Michigan hat and probably even some Michigan fans who aren't ate up. Coaches will use this against him and the interview wasn't even a tough interview. It was all softball questions and he sounded almost high or hungover.

Wow - I was ready to give Harbough a pass until he got miffed at Colin for playing "a game of 50 questions" what a goofy thing to say to an interviewer who's throwing him one lolly pop after another. But what was unbelievable was when Colin said "I'm a 4.3 wide receiver tell me why I should go to Michigan" and Harbough had no answer. My god you have nothing good to say about your program to a national football audience including a whole lot of recruits? and then you get mad at the interviewer? Really Jim????

What a disaster.

I would bet quite a bit of money that the reason Harbaugh was acting like that was because of something Cowherd said about him while he was with the 49ers that rubbed him the wrong way, and that's his way of getting back at him.

If that was his strategy, I would say he failed misearbly

The fact that your given a national platform to speak about your program and you screw up that bad....how successful can you really be?

Give Stoops that opportunity Colin....I GUARANTEE he gives you a great interview.

With Michigan being one of the secondary schools I follow, this was just awkward. Sure, Harbaugh isn't the best interview in the world, but this was really bad even for him. And at Michigan it's a big deal. Michigan is one of the elite historical programs......at a school that considers itself sorta in the mold of an Ivy League school.....it was just bad.

It would be like if we had a basketball coach here at our elite UK program that was just horrible at interviews.....was drunk all the time.....and ran away from media personnel. Brings negative attention.

It would be like if we had a basketball coach here at our elite UK program that was just horrible at interviews.....was drunk all the time.....and ran away from media personnel. Brings negative attention.

billy-gillispie.jpg

Harbaugh Interview

Colin Cowherd interviewed Jim Harbaugh this morning and it was a train wreck.

WOW what a disaster!!! Imagine the Christmas dinner with him and Tom Crean who is his brother in law. LOL!!! Crean constantly pulling his pants up and playing pocket pool while looking at Jim and Jim just sitting their saying hmmm uggghhh hmmmm ugghhh whats in your pants Tom? "Let me show ya Jim!"

I just caught the tail end of it as I was heading out to pick up lunch. That was just bizarre. WTF did Harbaugh agree to be interviewed in the first place if he wasn't going to put any more effort into it than that?
Cal is a hoot to interview. Told Buchigross he was a fell j-off. Yes, he has THAT much charm. We gotta guddun.

ADVERTISEMENT