ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matt Bevin, a Louisville businessman and former U.S. Senate candidate, said there had been a lot of "fluff and theory that has been perpetrated as science to create the perception that somehow this global warming has been entirely man-made."

"I disagree with it," Bevin said. "I don't find scientific corroboration for it. I have found scientists that I believe to be as credible or more so than those that are calling for this who would say quite the opposite." [laughing]

Bevin said he guessed that Storm and the television audience would agree that "at one point in time, the Earth was largely covered by ice."

"I think that most people that studied history and science would tell you that indeed it was," Bevin said. "And if in fact the world was once largely covered by ice and if in fact it is now largely not covered by ice, it would seem obvious to me that this didn't happen because it's been getting colder." [laughing]

-------------------------------------

James Comer, the commissioner of agriculture, was less circumspect, stating flatly at the beginning of his answer: "I do not believe in global warming." [laughing]

"Weather is cyclical. I think we would all agree with that."

"I'm the one person whose business and livelihood depends on Mother Nature, so I understand weather patterns," Comer said. "We've had a very severe winter this year with 12-inch snows, so there is no global warming." [laughing]

---------------------------------------

An absolute embarrassment.

Reactions: CardFan1130
So is it fair to say KSR changed the election? From what I understand, Heiner was the front runner before that.

I think it had an effect, but I do not know that it changed the outcome. IMO the most powerful thing late in this was Bevin's ad with "Heiner" and "Comer" sitting at the kids table having a food fight. It was a brilliant piece which perfectly conveyed the message that Bevin was above the petty BS the other two were engaged in.

I think what KSR did was boost Will Scott to some degree and that probably hurt Comer more than anyone else. Scott was allegedly in the race because Comer pissed off Hal Rogers and Rogers convinced him to run to split Comer's base and give Heiner the win.

Bevin winning upsets the old school establishment (McConnell, Rogers, Et al.) and there's a lot of grumbling he can't beat Conway. Of course, a lot of those same people had similar criticisms of Rand Paul a decade ago and then found themselves running to embrace Rand last fall because he had become so popular in this state.

I actually think the "Food Fight" ad changed the election. As soon as the petty bickering began, Bevin's stock rose.

My dad was at Comer's HQ last night. He said it was like a sporting event. Crowd was roaring when Comer took that late lead. Monroe County moonshine was being passed around. Lots of hootin' and hollerin'. And then it was like someone let the air out the balloon. People were crushed, there were tears shed. So . . . it was sorta like a UK football game I guess.
Pretty much.

the more you "care," and the more pissed off you get about the issues on thefacebook, the more things will change.

that's what i know about politics.

Reactions: MaxPowerrr
Bobby cooks steaks and pork butts. Simpleton. Why he even has an egg is a great question, obviously to take snap chats of. The one time he sent me a pic of rib, he had them in his rib rack, upside down. TS. When you sack up and actually start using it for what it's intended, let me know. This is the dude that up until a year ago used Famous Dave's as his primary seasoning. Start a D-League Smoking and Grilling thread and hang out there for a bit. TIA. Mic Drop.

If you're entertaining or cooking a complete meal I don't know how you can not have an adjustable rig. The digiQ is over the top. Thermapen I think is a must. Plate setter I rarely use. Pizza stone I always use. Probes, up to you. I don't really use them but could see where there handy. I have a grid temp built into the dq, use my thermapen and time to monitor.

Every man should be able to grill. While i can of course, im a novice and suck at it. Kind of envious of the meals you fellas prepare. Reading the grill thread is like reading a foreign language. Of course, my outside grill is a F'ing George Foreman grill so that should tell you something. One day i need to man up and become a true american griller.

Reactions: Mashburned
Ha, Roasted.

Bobby does do a nice pork butt, tho. (but so does everyone else with a pulse & a grill)

Just get a Weber Kettle, Cawood. I haven't mastered the more complicated cooks on the Egg yet, but I will. But if you're just looking at Spatchcock, Pork Butt, etc...the Weber will produce the same results, just with more work/technique.

It's fun & easy. Best $100 you'll ever spend, TS.

B00004RALW-main.jpg

Still can't believe Devin Booker went from Top 30ish recruit to likely Top 10 pick next month.

im looking for a little humor this morning, so i'll go ahead and ask....

krazykats --> "full house package," picking up some "valley station customers," and "existing accounts."

soooo....wtf are you selling now??

Work at 84 Lumber, got in for management but was talked into sales once my boss saw how many people/opportunities I had to sell too. At the time I didn't get it yet but I see it now, plus all our sales guys are established and lazy so having a young hungry "new" guy in the system is pure profit.

I can do just about everything. Have bid on restaurants, houses, additions etc but it's all now turning into sales finally. Bidding and having to wait is hard and something I never did.

I think this goes a lot better than the insurance gig that lasted 3 months. That last month f'd me, then my employer sent me a bill. Told them that isn't how this works and threw up the peace sign.

fyi:

i had a lot of opportunities to sell, too.
i had a lot of opportunities to sell to.
i had a lot of opportunities to sell two.

Picked this glorious 65 degree day for my yearly trip down the road to Mike Linni(n)g's.

No, it's not the best fish sambo in town, but it's pretty damn good - perfectly fine, at the very least.

Throw in the ambience under a shady picnic table, the Leo, and Cold Rocky Mountain soda...it's a pretty perfect summer lunch.

Food aside, the place is just impressive...a machine. There had to be 500+ people there, and it wasn't even crowded. They have both sides of the road set up with stuff, looks like some kind of fair, but that's just their restaurant. Would love to see how much seafood they go through on an average summer day. Can't imagine there are many (or any) bigger inland seafood places in this country.

A South End Tradition. Growing up down here, it brings back so many memories of my childhood.

Last edited:
<-- big fan of anyone who works hard.

but, everything he posts about is littered with grammatical errors and nonsense. that will ALWAYS be worthy of mockery.

Oh, no doubt about that.

To be fair though, Krazy makes off like Nick Hornby compared to Rob73, who has the grammatical ability of a 6 year old. That guy is blessed to have a generous father and intelligent wife, otherwise he'd be completely touched in life.

probably on some sort of a draw that he didn't fully earn (thru selling), and/or, he was paid in full for contracts that terminated later.

that's probably a pretty safe bet. it happens in insurance, which is unfortunate.

What do you mean your employer sent you a bill?

It was insurance, 100% commission which blew, so I think I had maybe $800 in commission the last month but they paid on submittals and approvals(med-supp's and life insurance) which I got a submittals bonus the previous month that they deducted from my current check. I owed the company $200 for that month. Wrote the check and quit. Might as well gambol if I want to lose money at work

Always cool with ridicule, part of it in here, no worries what so ever. I don't know many of you so I don't want to clutter the place up with lame ass comebacks, and I won't post a lot for GYERO sake.

But PTI, GFY you wanna be cajun!

All I picture of you is the retard from The Waterboy with no hair and pink(salmon) shorts.

Anth-child please. I give you credit for getting me started in the art of the BGE, and your wings are beautiful, but I smoke circles around you now. With all you're fancy gadgetry, let me know when you actually cook something medium rare. TS

Damn, frosty collides and margs. Bout ready to crush some shrimp on the beach.

Reactions: Mashburned
Oh, no doubt about that.

To be fair though, Krazy makes off like Nick Hornby compared to Rob73, who has the grammatical ability of a 6 year old. That guy is blessed to have a generous father and intelligent wife, otherwise he'd be completely touched in life.

You obviously missed the rental properties thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT