ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

It's not a question that Spieth will win 10 majors? Really? In this current environment that would make him the 3rd best golfer in history. Come on, man. He's unreal and at 21 having 2 is a hell of a start but making a statement that he's going to end up with more majors than Arnold effing Palmer is bold.

Adam Scott bugs me. Can't put my finger on exactly why, as he's apparently one of the nicer guys on tour. It could be the long putter, not sure.

Reactions: Beavis606
As far as ornery old journalists go- Dan Jenkins may have put himself at the top of that list over the last couple of years. My god. What used to be mildly humorous efforts at sarcasm turned into full-on "I hate everything about life and golf" which is a bad look for someone who writes about golf.

He's the most miserable person on Twitter, and it's not even close. It's so bizarre I can't make myself unfollow.

Got stung by two wasps yesterday while I was doing yard work. It obviously didnt feel good at the time but i pulled the stinger out and put some rubbing alcohol on it. Rest of the night was fine. Woke up today and my leg is swollen from the knee down. Its numb to the touch and feels like there is a rock inside my calf. Not sure what the response is here... amputate? Benadryl? WebMD says I basically have 36 hours to live.

Are you sure it was a wasp and not a bee? Wasps usually don't leave their stinger behind.

Ironically enough, I got stung by a bumblebee yesterday (the big fat bees that a lot of you inbred idiots mistakingly call yellow jackets). Hurt like a mofo for about a half hour.

The stinger and part of its ass were still in my foot for about 10 seconds before I could get it out.

Chad... You despise Carolina more than anyone I've met and I appreciate your consistent effort to call out their non stop hypocritical Carolina Way bullshit.

Telling you, though... DO NOT get your hopes up. When it's all said and done the Men's Program will get a minor slap on the wrist and that's it. The good ole boy network is still alive and well within the NCAA and Carolina has been their poster child for decades before Duke was Duke.

Nothing of any major consequence is going to happen to ole Roy and the sacredness of the Carolina Way. TS.

Got stung by two wasps yesterday while I was doing yard work. It obviously didnt feel good at the time but i pulled the stinger out and put some rubbing alcohol on it. Rest of the night was fine. Woke up today and my leg is swollen from the knee down. Its numb to the touch and feels like there is a rock inside my calf. Not sure what the response is here... amputate? Benadryl? WebMD says I basically have 36 hours to live.

yeah, I'd take Benadryl. You might wanna go see somebody about that, may need some steroids too. If your leg swells really bad could lead to compartment syndrome, basically the swelling compresses the vessels, which is an emergency. If you start losing sensation in your foot and it gets cold, head to the ER with a quickness.

The fact you had a significant local reaction is also concerning for future stings. You could have a more severe reaction in the future. Might want to start keeping an epi-pen around.

(please discuss all your health problems with your provider)

ps. wasps don't usually leave stingers in you, just bees.

Yes he win more than 10. He's Bobby Jones reincarnate. Total package. Outside of injury or early retirement he will do it. Nothing bold about it at all. Might even be better than Tiger. Once in a generation talent. He's almost 20 years younger than Tiger.

Yes he win more than 10. He's Bobby Jones reincarnate. Total package. Outside of injury or early retirement he will do it. Nothing bold about it at all. Might even be better than Tiger. Once in a generation talent. He's almost 20 years younger than Tiger.
No.

Get that it was recently the "cool" take to recognize Carolina as a bigger rival than Duke, but Duke is the one keeping me up at night these days.

As far as random personal negative sports thoughts, their latest 2 titles is up there for me.

Get that it was recently the "cool" take to recognize Carolina as a bigger rival than Duke, but Duke is the one keeping me up at night these days.

As far as random personal negative sports thoughts, their latest 2 titles is up there for me.

Not "cool" at all. I've just always considered UNC the bigger threat.

The way I look at it- Coach K/Duke are untouchable for their accomplishments over the last 30 years, much in the same way that Miami is in football. But they don't have the tradition, true fanbase and prestige to touch UK on all-time lists. UNC does- or at least comes closer than anyone else.

But yeah, I hate Duke, too, and am very concerned about them right now. It's not like I take them lightly.

If the NCAA intended on burying UNC bball, they wouldn't have come out saying it's not an NCAA issue. That and they wouldn't have sent a former f'ing UNC athlete to investigate the program in the first place.

- DJ reminds me more of Josh Hamilton everyday. Crazy talented but has to stay out of his own way to ever reach his full potential. Learning to putt probably wouldn't hurt DJ, either.

Oosthuizen takes this. He hasn't even started dropping his ho-hum eagle and birdies to play a 7 under on the back 9.

I just can't root for Zach Johnson and I can't put my finger on why. I don't dislike him. He just seems meh overall.

I've always seen UNC as a bigger rival/threat than Duke. They own us head-to-head (historically, at least) and have won titles under 3 coaches. Duke has been the superior program in the last 30 years, but almost all of their success is because of 1 coach. Also, they're not even the most popular team in their own state.

Admittedly, this is partly because of my age. For the first 20 years of my life, Duke was a non-entity notwithstanding the 78 title game. I'd probably feel differently if I were 10 years younger.

Leishman is probably the very last person I want to see win today. Need you to make a bogey or two, big guy.

An Aussie, Kel Nagle, won his first and only Major @ St Andrews in 1960 to prevent Arnie from winning the first 3 majors of the season...

Surprised that ESPN hasn't gone with this angle yet.

The ESPN stream is f'ing garbage. It's timed out 50 times in the last hour. Meanwhile, they're all watching it at my wife's office and one of the TVs is right next to her desk. :mad:

Zach Johnson is hateable because he looks like he could play the asshole in every 80's movie ever made.

ADVERTISEMENT