ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointed frontpage headline wasn't something like..

"Leavitt-Tate". With caption "Tate Leavitt's commitment raises UK's class profile."

Given Rowland's penchant for corn, seemed beyond obvious.

I plan on asking my provider but someone here may know. If you have vision insurance and don't need lenses is it possible to use your frame allowence With non prescription lenses for sunglasses through the eye doctor?

Edit: Google looks like it's not possible. I don't pay for my vision insurance so it doesn't matter eitger way.

Last edited:
From Tskware on HOB:

Went running this AM around CWS, and gate by Cooper Drive was open . . . so I ran on in and up the ramp.

Looks great inside, the new press box and luxury boxes loom over the stadium. My guess is that although the seating capacity will be 10% less, it will be 20% louder because of the acoustics. Field looks good, all around the place is really first rate, UK did a great job with the renovation.

Any worries that it won't be complete are off base, IMO. The sides nearest Cooper Drive and the end zone nearest Nicholasville Road are all but done, just need to pour concrete for sidewalks and concourse. Alumni Drive has a way to go, but they still have six weeks, not going to be a problem, at least on the exterior. Can't speak to what the boxes, lounge, bar, etc. look like, but surely they will be ready.

The parking however is going to be a complete cluster. UK has torn up a ton of areas where fans parked, have no idea where 80,000 tailgaters or so are going to land, Arboretum, Central Baptist Hospital, Glendover Elementary and Crestwood Church? If the Mormon Church were to allow drinking in their lot (they do not), they could sell their parking lot out at $100 per car, easy

Think Day's gonna get his today.

Sunday finish is never ideal, but when it happens, it's a pretty nice bonus -- makes the typical shitty Monday less shitty with a major on TV all day.

Ha, there should be anyways. Dude nailed it didn't he?

Karma for constantly dogging him, imo.

He will come on here in a bit talking about how he's rooting for Spieth, but don't fall victim to his lies.

Apologies if posted previously... for you Serial podcast lovers, there's this "Undisclosed" podcast where a few lawyers re-examine the evidence, talk through the info and draw some conclusions. It's been going for a couple of months now and it looks like they are still updating weekly.

Undisclosed podcast

By all accounts it appears they've made major progress in last few weeks with Commonwealth.

Saw some of Drummond's pics over the weekend. Love the new press boxes and suites overhanging the field on the Alumni side. Place will seem bigger.

Drummond posted a pic of the recruiting room area facing the endzone. Really hope they paint the sheet metal blah overhang and place the blue KENTUCKY on it like all of the renderings show. Right now it mirrors the same awful look that our original luxury suites have. It's the little things.

Reactions: Mashburned
What's bothering me most is the E on the Nicholasville Road's video screen KENTUCKY WILDCATS is torn.

If that doesn't get fixed by September 5th I'll know all that I need to know.

Reactions: UK_Norm
Apologies if posted previously... for you Serial podcast lovers, there's this "Undisclosed" podcast where a few lawyers re-examine the evidence, talk through the info and draw some conclusions. It's been going for a couple of months now and it looks like they are still updating weekly.

Undisclosed podcast

That podcast is a complete hack job. It's funded by Adnan's defense team and led by the lady who brought the case to Serial in the first place. That should tell you all you need to know. So biased, it's ridiculous.

Thought seriously about playing hooky today to watch GOFF ... now wish I would have. May have to come down with a sudden case of the mumps or AIDS or something so I can go home.

back from a week at Hilton Head, was awesome. beach/pool/drinking/intense beyond reason midnight board games with family/Savannah bar hopping. no need to draw any lines in sands or declare no layup week, everyone was #Allin.

of course it was raining as we left the damn state last Sat & raining on the way back this Sat. touch the wettest summer in living history.

O line recruiting by Stoops has been incredible, never would have guessed that is the position we would load up at. Some of it is good luck of this state actually producing a couple of highly regarded recruits. But to go up to Ohio & get some 4* road graders is amazing. future classes will get some stud skill position guys to play behind all the 4*'s blockers we can throw out.

love the work Marrow does in Ohio....but kind of wish Stoops would go get someone else on staff like him who's specialty is Florida or Georgia. couple guys on the staff currently just never seem to be mentioned with any recruits anywhere.

Booker lighting it up yesterday. "He never even started a game!" will be the new "He took the 5th most shots on the team!".

Scotland randoms...
- Being at and around St Andrews during Open week was just surreal. Walked on the course at the 17 tee box and was immediately watching shots over the corner of the hotel, then down to the green to stand along the road hole wall with a perfect view down 18/up 1... All within the first 20 minutes. Couldn't stop smiling.

- I had gotten so used to the TV coverage angles that the perspective of the course kinda threw me off. The whole place isn't more than a couple hundred yards wide at its max and it's the most simple course layout I've seen. I was still in awe the entire time.

- Crowds weren't huge by any measure and there's really not a lot of room to put people.

- Spent a week exploring Scotland by car. The drive from the Highlands to the Isle of Skye (and our time in that area in particular) was jaw-dropping. Inverness, Skye, Pitlochry, Edinburgh, Loch Lomond, Glencoe Valley ... Each very different and cool in its own way.

- Played golf, drove around, saw what we wanted and kept it relaxed.

- Snackdown? Not really. Pubs and comfort food were the staples.

- Having another couple to travel with on something like that is sooooooo great. Guys go off to play golf... ladies do their own thing... everyone is happy.

- Had never done the B&B thing but it really worked on this kind of trip. Great way to get local recommendations and the girls loved the afternoon tea/scones/etc.

- London was a lot of fun and a chance for the girls to do what they wanted before heading up north.

- The Tube strike in London and United not knowing how to operate an airline were interesting developments.

Reactions: _Chase_
Can't believe the Ashley Madison news. Shocked something like that would happen.

Drove around CWS a couple of times this weekend. Much more concerned about Alumni Drive than the stadium. Much, much more concerned about them replacing the janky old wooden schedule sign on Nicholasville Rd.

Lol Reds

The wooden sign on Nicholasville Rd. is classic. Honestly hopes that stays the same. Always made me smile when I saw that as a kid.

I have no doubts that @B.B.d.K. is a golfball. But yesterday, in the Open thread, he compared DJ's skill set to Mickelson. That is almost as bad as the Anth Spieth take.

Please show me where I compared skill sets? Their actual games couldn't be much more different.

Said he has comparable other-worldly natural talent, and his struggles to finish/close aren't that different from Early Phil. How many majors did he blow before breaking through.

Good blog from Mary Willingham on the UNC scandal from the other day- basically calling BS on the UNC/Roy Williams PR ploy of acting like it was women's basketball (lol) who was at the heart of the scandal.

The first suspect independent study courses offered by Julius Nyang’oro in the late 1980s were offered to men’s basketball players, some of whom had abysmal SAT scores and perilously low GPA’s before they met professor Nyang’oro. Faculty friends in geography, French, and the school of education had been very helpful to the team throughout the 1980s. But when leadership of the AFRI/AFAM department fell into the laps of two allies of men’s basketball around 1990–Nyang’oro and his assistant Debby Crowder, whose close friend Burgess McSwain served as academic counselor for the men in her remote Smith center office–that department quickly became the go-to academic center for struggling (or academically uninterested) men’s basketball players. The fraud would morph into a multi-team and three thousand-student debacle before all was said and done, but men’s basketball was always first in line for favors and fake classes. The needs of men’s basketball always came first in the eyes of Debby Crowder. And the 2005 men’s team, whose roster was stocked with players for whom both McSwain and Crowder felt great sympathy, benefited from unprecedented levels of favoritism. The team as a whole took well over one hundred paper classes; as one would expect, the starters on that team benefited disproportionately from the scam. Star forward Rashad McCants has had the guts to admit this publicly and to show the evidence of the fraud in his own student transcript. His teammates, though quick to denounce him, have kept their transcripts hidden. It is unlikely that anyone else from that team–Sean May, Raymond Felton, Jawad Williams, Marvin Williams, Reyshawn Terry, Jesse Holley, etc.–will ever step forward with transcripts in hand to have a frank conversation about their classroom experiences. But the truth is in those transcripts.

Chansky, Williams, and the friends of men’s basketball would have the world believe that twenty years of bogus class scheduling was done without the knowledge of anyone actually connected to the men’s basketball program. Coaches (who are paid millions to know everything) supposedly knew nothing. The only academic counselor who was knowingly, inexcusably corrupt, they say, was philosophy instructor Jan Boxill, counselor for the women’s basketball team. This “powerful” figure, they say, corrupted women’s basketball of her own volition. Thankfully, all other counselors were innocent–even if it is unfortunate that they failed to detect the shenanigans of Crowder and Boxill.

Reactions: ukrjr1
It's all good Anth. Just having fun.

- Henson vs. Davis
- Memphis Alll Stars vs. Lithuanian National Team

[cheers]

Please show me where I compared skill sets? Their actual games couldn't be much more different.

Said he has comparable other-worldly natural talent, and his struggles to finish/close aren't that different from Early Phil. How many majors did he blow before breaking through.
I'll let you spin your way out of this one. "Similar in other worldly talent" can be taken several ways.

-absolutely rooting for Spieth. Would love to see Day get his. Don't bad mouth DJ, BBdK will not be happy about that.

-tourney is crazy. Every 5 minutes someone gets within 1 or 2 of the lead and I had no idea they were even playing.

SVP: mark leishman gets within one shot of the lead.
ANTH: o_O

-touring commonwealth at 2. I'll periscope it for rich.

-last day of paternity leave. Little guy is awesome but you all weren't kidding about sleep. Shew. Still managing to workout though. Weighed in yesterday at my 2 year low and about a 5i from my goal. Sloot is crushing as well, she's unreal. Beat 75% of her coworkers in a fit bit challenge the week she gave birth. Doesn't even look like she was preggo.

-props to ursh on his 100 miler. He's been going at it for years.

Now, what kind if idiot goes to Vermont to run 100 miles in 30 hours and goes from the race to the airport? Dude, grab a $60 room and get some sleep. F*cking weirdo.

-props to ursh on his 100 miler. He's been going at it for years.

Now, what kind if idiot goes to Vermont to run 100 miles in 30 hours and goes from the race to the airport? Dude, grab a $60 room and get some sleep. F*cking weirdo.

I think the thought of this, and how absolutely disgusting he would be to the person sitting next to him, probably got him through the race.

Can't wait to see his belt buckle. Congrats on your accomplishment.

Agreed. That's stranger than actually running 100 miles. I mean, no shower, nothing? He had to have smelled like a homeless man's asshole. They probably should've kicked him off the plane, IMO.

Reactions: bradyjames
Got stung by two wasps yesterday while I was doing yard work. It obviously didnt feel good at the time but i pulled the stinger out and put some rubbing alcohol on it. Rest of the night was fine. Woke up today and my leg is swollen from the knee down. Its numb to the touch and feels like there is a rock inside my calf. Not sure what the response is here... amputate? Benadryl? WebMD says I basically have 36 hours to live.

- Congrats to PTI. That's a major accomplishment. Don't know how you do it, but I know you've wanted this for a long time. Great work!

- Thanks Booker. These kids have come a long way. Had little to no success as 7s. Moderate success at 8s. And on a great roll at 9s. Awesome to see them grow as a team and young men.

- Hope this rain is over. Seriously. A good summer rain is cool, but nonstop monsoons and wind storms??? No sir.

- Jordan Spieth will win 10+ Majors. It's not even a question at this point, unless he gets injured. Kid's mental game is on a different level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT