ADVERTISEMENT

Greenberg Surrogate

Jay Williams & bilas nailed it, Greenberg is one of Cals buddies Matt said so of course he’s not going to say anything bad. Cal will alienate him like the others around the program, but hearing cal talk about changing kids lives after the loss Thursday makes me even more upset. Who cares about their nba contracts, we care about winning at uk!!! It just shows that even after an embarrassing loss he doesn’t care about the name on the front of the jersey & sadly probably never has. It’s time for him to go.

Did Bilas point out that UK had a bunch of Seniors last year, including the returning NPOY, and couldn’t get out of the first weekend?

That’s been one of my gripes this whole time, everyone is blaming it on youth, but Cal couldn’t get it done with veterans either.

Being soft has nothing to do with age. A Freshman MKG would dismantle a 5th year Senior Mitchell.

Quit using the “we’re young” excuse. It doesn’t hold water.

There is a segment of people who will never dare question Cal. Anyone who actually pays attention can see that Cal has been mailing it in for at least 4 years. The fire is gone, and anyone expecting to see it come back is insane.

Exactly!

I’ve been saying it for a while now.

It ain’t the players, it’s the coach!
Yup, we’ve had very different teams the last 4 years- we had a more traditonal team with older transfers (one who was NPOY) and then a team full of 5*s. The results have been crap either way.

You could give Cal his current 7 all stars and he’d screw them up, too.

Did Bilas point out that UK had a bunch of Seniors last year, including the returning NPOY, and couldn’t get out of the first weekend?

That’s been one of my gripes this whole time, everyone is blaming it on youth, but Cal couldn’t get it done with veterans either.

Being soft has nothing to do with age. A Freshman MKG would dismantle a 5th year Senior Mitchell.

Quit using the “we’re young” excuse. It doesn’t hold water.
He said when we lost to St Peter's we were one of the older teams in the tournament. He basically said play better in the tournament!

Jay Williams & bilas nailed it, Greenberg is one of Cals buddies Matt said so of course he’s not going to say anything bad. Cal will alienate him like the others around the program, but hearing cal talk about changing kids lives after the loss Thursday makes me even more upset. Who cares about their nba contracts, we care about winning at uk!!! It just shows that even after an embarrassing loss he doesn’t care about the name on the front of the jersey & sadly probably never has. It’s time for him to go.
Jay Williams blamed the relationship between fans and AD with Cal. I took it as a slam on our fan base

BXqo3VQ.png

Jay Bilas's comments were spot on, except for his solution to the problem. "Just play better in the tournament".

Seriously?

A
On GameDay SG playing the young card...Bilas blasts him with the truth - Seth mad [laughing]
As most have stated, Seth is a Cal groupie and if he did speak the truth, Cal would turn on him. It sounds like Cal has no relationship with anyone in the Athletic department but his assistants. The common denominator over the past 6 years has been Cal.

Reactions: gharding07
Jay Williams blamed the relationship between fans and AD with Cal. I took it as a slam on our fan base
No he is correct. How could it be our fault. Cal repeats his same worthless non coaching every year and hopes to get different results. How can one person be so blind? I have heard recently that the HOF is considering booting CCC from their ranks. They should. He is a phony.

That’s exactly what I have been saying. That comment just reiterates that he don’t care if UK wins, his job is just taking care of kids into NBA and their families and don’t matter if they lose

Seth made a great point about Cal’s previous teams at UMass, Memphis and his early teams at UK. Defense was solid. So WTH happened?

Whomever the HC of Kentucky is next year needs to get a MF'ing point guard. A legit point who makes game easy for teammates and has some leadership/dog in him. Rob Dillingham had a lot of traits--tough minded but he is a score first guard. Reed was best they had but he's a perfect combo next to a legit point. DJ was a poor shooting PG who isn't a PG but played there because Cal promised that.

As for Bilas--he made sense in a video post about the failings. Jay Williams is an idiot who most Duke fans think is a moron. He's a pathological liar behind the scenes and his presence at ESPN with basketball started out with him being at a lot of McDonald's AA games to help as a runner for agents.

Greenberg is a joke. All year he talked up this year's Kentucky team and how they would be a "problem for everyone come March". He bought Cal's BS hook, line, and sinker. I like that during the year he balances the insanely pro Duke broadcast from ESPN but he looks like a fool and now is changing his tune dramatically.

How nobody on this set simply points out the fact that UK fans know--the lineup of Reed/Rob/Reeves was their best group and even in that Oakland game was a +4 despite poor shooting from Rob and Reed being terrible. How can anyone win when you refuse to play your best lineup(s)? Why Tre Mitchell was forced onto this group at this point of the season when they were coming on with his role lessening? Why no small ball with Mitchell at 5 spot if you were going to play him? Several oddities that basketball people should know but really don't care to discuss because honesty doesn't matter in media and more importantly and understandably--who cares to talk about a team who is gone and doesn't matter until next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT