ADVERTISEMENT

Gottlieb on Murray: Sincere or Backhanded Compliment?

Gottlieb.png

It's definitely a stab. He's insinuating we are going overboard with praise over just a couple of all star games.

It's definitely a stab. He's insinuating we are going overboard with praise over just a couple of all star games.

Yes. Yes, we are. We are in the dark cave of summer where there is no basketball. There has been a wall collapse. The Pan Am Games are the lights of people on the other side. They are out there trying to rescue us.

Except for Gottlieb. He's putting the rocks back.

Reactions: BlueSince92
I think Gottlieb knows that Murray is indeed really good...and that scares him. He also knows UK fans overreact to everything (like only beating IUPUI by 25 instead of 26 for example), so he knows UK fans are overreacting to Murray's performances in these games a bit. Gottlieb hates UK/Cal and by default its fans...so yes it was a jab at UK fans. That said, I think Murray is that good and UK fans are NOT overreacting as these are not all-star games he is doing well in. These are games for his nation against other nations trying hard. This is real basketball. Murray is going to be a stud and Gottlieb does not like it. Pre-Murray it looked like UK might take a step back...with Murray? Not good for haters like him.

Gottlieb is an insufferable douche. With that in mind when a dirt bag writes something how should you take it?

Doug Gottlieb is the type of scum that will steal a credit card and make fraudulent charges. I'm glad he dislikes the Big Blue Nation. I wouldn't want to be associated with such a corrupt criminal.

Why do we care of this guy thinks? He's a troll like the others. Better of not reading him or following him. And since he left ESPN, how relevant is he nationally? You know he's probably kicking himself because he would washing John Skipper's car everyday lobbying for Cowherd's job.

Gottlieb said last season (on CBS Sports minute) that he exhibited the group of college ball fans who wanted UK to go 39-0 and lose in the national finals.

He hates Kentucky because our fans give him constantly flurries of hell. I don't know how he's made it this far in broadcasting. Just shows that even a blind squirrel can find an acorn.

All I know is Jamal Murray is REALLY good. Kid has NBA superstar potential. The Hoop Summit game was impressive, but that was against high school kids. The Pan Am tourney was a whole nother level and Murray dominated at times.

Reactions: ladywildcat2009
All I know is Jamal Murray is REALLY good. Kid has NBA superstar potential. The Hoop Summit game was impressive, but that was against high school kids. The Pan Am tourney was a whole nother level and Murray dominated at times.

Why minimize top high school kid? Each year top high school ends up being next year's top 5 players.

Top high school players are much better than majority of collegiate player they will face. Top Collegiate players next year will contain a lot of freshmen, including Murray and Skal.

Reactions: ladywildcat2009
Why minimize top high school kid? Each year top high school ends up being next year's top 5 players.

Top high school players are much better than majority of collegiate player they will face. Top Collegiate players next year will contain a lot of freshmen, including Murray and Skal.

I'm not minimizing the high school kids, I said Murray's Hoop Summit performance was great. I was just pointing out how much more impressive it is to play well on this level. Only a handful of the guys in the Hoop Summit game will be impact players on the college level next year. The Pan Am tourney was full of guys who would be All-Americans on the college level. Heck, Kyle Wiltjer will compete for National Player of the Year next year and he got zero clock.

Doug Gottlieb is the type of scum that will steal a credit card and make fraudulent charges. I'm glad he dislikes the Big Blue Nation. I wouldn't want to be associated with such a corrupt criminal.

He actually did do that when he was 19 years old. LOL I'm playing but its funny to make something up on people we dislike. LMAO

ADVERTISEMENT