ADVERTISEMENT

Goodman reports Donovan will accept OKC job if offered

It seemed to me that UF had some internal problems this season. No way that team should have
been that bad. Might be why BD wants out, but head cases are the norm in the NBA. Why leave for more of the
same crap. But I can see him taking a shot at the league and then returning to the College level.

His re-entry to college would be about the time Cal and Pitino are leaving/retiring, which would be real interesting. He
would go to UL instead of UK.....no pressure like UK, but with fan support

oscar combs said during a pre game show back in january that he thought bd was leaving this year because of 'big time' problems within the program. o lives in fla in the winter and seems to stay abreast of uf matters.

UF will not get a big name cause they have shown they are football first. No bigtime name will go there AND Its not about money. Billy D leaves and the gators drop back to the cellar of the SEC.

It would be the right job for him in the NBA. While OKC will be expected to compete for an NBA championship they do somewhat fly under the radar as a franchise in the NBA. It's not the Chicago, LA where ESPN is watching your every game. No parades will be thrown for Billy as he arrives like it was when Orlando hired him. They are Midwest, where College Football will take center stage till Jan.

Goodman huh? :rolleyes: Looks like Donovan's UF contract will end up getting renegotiated. I'm not so sure Billy D doesn't allow this stuff to leak out on purpose to leverage against UF. I had heard he was upset about not getting some facility upgrades, etc this past year. I look for UF to make Donovan happy and he stays.

I agree with this. Whoever is coaching will be coaching an NIT team. Which will be an improvement over this year.
I hate UF more then any team ( twice as much as IU or UL so thats shows i mean business ) but they will be a top 20 team as Engebu and robinson are first rounders and the pg whose name i always forget along with Finney smith will also play in the league and they have Chizzoa along with a few other decent players. They will be the 2nd best team in the league . IF Donovan stays.

Foley is a pretty good AD and has an eye for talent. He missed on Muschamp but was great with Meyer.

Archie Miller seems like a good choice. Shaka Smart would have been a great one but the timing was off.

I don't think he'll take the job unless he gets a guarantee that KD will re-sign with OKC.

You would have to pay me a lot of $ to live in OK.

Ah. You're always on the road. I'd just have a nice house somewhere else and just buy a condo there for the season to stay at for home games.

But yeah, I'd have zero desire to live anywhere in the middle of this country.

ADVERTISEMENT