ADVERTISEMENT

Good News Regarding Jamal Murray

MWes11

All-SEC
Apr 22, 2012
Jerry Meyer is going to now rank him in the 2015 class. This is very good news in regards to Murray to UK. With Newman headed to MSU, this now opens the door for Murray to UK. Not saying it is 100% done deal, but I would say about 80%. Murray is playing in Lexington this weekend as well.

Jerry Meyer is going to now rank him in the 2015 class. This is very good news in regards to Murray to UK. With Newman headed to MSU, this now opens the door for Murray to UK. Not saying it is 100% done deal, but I would say about 80%. Murray is playing in Lexington this weekend as well.
Meyer said a couple of days ago Oregon (Nike) is in the driver's seat for Murray. This is perfect timing for UK to derail that.

He said he will be ranked ahead of Alonzo Trier, making Trier the 2nd best guard in the class.

Reactions: catsall
that's not what he said. He made it sound like he was having trouble deciding between Murray and Trier, not that he would definitely rank Murray ahead (although I assume he will).
You're right. Here is the exact quote below. Break it down as you wish...

Jerry Meyer @jerrymeyer247 · 44m44 minutes ago
Planning on ranking Jamal Murray as 2015 prospect based on my intel. Therefore, not still sure Allonzo Trier is best guard in the class.

vAYKp_zpsuvhqdksm.gif

Reactions: wildcatdonf
Sounds great to me but who's exactly is saying 80% to UK? and where does this number come from?

Most have said Oregon has been the long-time leader, but with UK now involved heavily it's likely he comes here...especially with the reclassification.

We also heard the old story about ulis how msu, Iowa, and others had recruited him so long. Would have to be hard for Murray to turn down coming to kentucky. Oregon was decent this year made it to the tourney but let's face it, they are not a consistent top 25 program.

We also heard the old story about ulis how msu, Iowa, and others had recruited him so long. Would have to be hard for Murray to turn down coming to kentucky. Oregon was decent this year made it to the tourney but let's face it, they are not a consistent top 25 program.

Neither is Mississippi State, yet Newman is going there. I dont think recruits care to much about whether or not a school is successful or not to be honest with you, atleast not this class.

Damn, that's pretty high praise from Meyer. Allonzo Trier is #13 right now on 247, so Murray will probably be fringe top 10.

Seems like a lot of media guys think UK will be a factor for Murray, but this class has been so weird. Not gonna assume anything until he's suited up for Big Blue Madness.

Wish I could go away and come back and then have this all over. I love the drama but it does get tiring. Just trust in Cal and cross your fingers?

Uk fans are so pathetic..As soon as a recruit reclassifies or a new one becomes available, Duke is automatically going to get them all. Why don't some of you just go over to their boards and suckle all night. This kind of crap has infiltrated every thread on this site. If you are so worried Duke is going to get them all, do not log on to any UK sites and your blood pressure will remain normal..Plus you won't be as close to becoming a woman either. Just please stop with the handwringing.

I would have to think Murray re-classifying would help UK since we're putting a lot of pressure on him to do so. A lot of the opinion from "experts" only seemed to begin trending toward re-classification after the meeting with Cal on Saturday, hope that's not just a misleading coincidence.

The way this recruiting period has been trending, though, I half expect someone with more insight to reply with a reality check kick to the balls and say no, he's been planning to re-classify for a while and Cal's visit had nothing to do with it and that UK isn't as in with him as we are assuming. Of course he's not technically a part of the '15 class, so hopefully he doesn't have as many strange circumstances impacting his decision.

Gotta think that at least one of these big 2's and 3's that we're in on wakes up and sees the open slot at the 3 spot (or 3rd spot in a 3 guard line-up) that's ripe for the picking, with them getting to play under the man that best prepares his players for the NBA and two stud point guards setting them up on the biggest stage to showcase their talent in all of college basketball. At least one of these guys has to be getting the big eye and craving everything we have to offer... right?

Regardless, we're going to need everything to go right in Lexington this weekend.

*sigh*

Last edited:
I must have missed these comments. Everyone is saying Oregon is his favorite?
Uk fans are so pathetic..As soon as a recruit reclassifies or a new one becomes available, Duke is automatically going to get them all. Why don't some of you just go over to their boards and suckle all night. This kind of crap has infiltrated every thread on this site. If you are so worried Duke is going to get them all, do not log on to any UK sites and your blood pressure will remain normal..Plus you won't be as close to becoming a woman either. Just please stop with the handwringing.

Yoshukai, I just used Duke as a general term/school since these people seem to think everyone but us leads for someone. I can understand the confusion. Sorry.

Now you know how the Duke, UNC, etc. boards have been since April 1, 2009

Ok so where do you guys think Murray will be ranked if he reclassifies? Hopefully top 10 to make our class look better lol.

Reactions: buffindc
Oregon and Syracuse were the leaders before the AS games and before UK started aggressively pursuing him. If he reclassifies, it isn't going to be for Oregon. There wasn't really any serious talk of reclassifying before the AS games when Oregon was leading.

Neither is Mississippi State, yet Newman is going there. I dont think recruits care to much about whether or not a school is successful or not to be honest with you, atleast not this class.
The ONLY reason Newman is probably heading to MSU is that his dad played there. Obviously the Newman family is not displaying the wisdom that the Booker family did last year when they turned down his dad's alma mater and made a business decision that would give his son the most exposure. It appears that decision is going to pay off. If we land Murray, Newman will soon be forgotten.

The ONLY reason Newman is probably heading to MSU is that his dad played there. Obviously the Newman family is not displaying the wisdom that the Booker family did last year when they turned down his dad's alma mater and made a business decision that would give his son the most exposure. It appears that decision is going to pay off. If we land Murray, Newman will soon be forgotten.
Newman says that he is still considering all schools and I believe him!!! ;) :rolleyes:

Reactions: EnglandWildcat

You still need to remember that staying at home pulls some weight. Murray to Oregon doesn't have the same spin.

If we don't get Newman I HOPE he goes to MISS St. , he will be no threat to us there . Brown to Cal or UCLA, Diallo to St. John's , Murry to Oregon , Zimmerman to UNLV , Bryant to Indiana , Thorne to Illinois. None of these teams will be a factor next year . I DON'T want them going to Duke , Kansas,North Carolina.

Well if Newman passes up his chance to be the final link to a juggernaut team you all know Murray will be happy.

Oregon and Syracuse were the leaders before the AS games and before UK started aggressively pursuing him. If he reclassifies, it isn't going to be for Oregon. There wasn't really any serious talk of reclassifying before the AS games when Oregon was leading.
This is close to what I read about Murray. A long time ago Murray had Oregon #1 and us, Syracuse and someone else was tied for second. Wonder if this is where all these people are getting Oregon as the leader? Like you say Silents, this was way before us making a strong push recently.

If Murray is a top 10 kid, as is Briscoe - why do we care that Newman is going to Starkville?

If Murray is a top 10 kid, as is Briscoe - why do we care that Newman is going to Starkville?
That would be the best of both worlds , we get the player I prefer and Newman is a one year non threat . We aren't the only team missing on guys . Arizona loses Rabb to California? Kansas wanted Zimmerman and Newman . Brown might choose California or a bad UCLA team ? Diallo could go to a non-factor St. Johns team . Simmons and Blackely ( sp? ) chose to play for a TERRIBLE coach that lost his two big time players . Bryant to Indiana . North Carolina can't find a recruit with a search warrant! Right now the only " contenders" having a great recruiting year are Kentucky and Duke . And I don't think either of these are done

That would be the best of both worlds , we get the player I prefer and Newman is a one year non threat . We aren't the only team missing on guys . Arizona loses Rabb to California? Kansas wanted Zimmerman and Newman . Brown might choose California or a bad UCLA team ? Diallo could go to a non-factor St. Johns team . Simmons and Blackely ( sp? ) chose to play for a TERRIBLE coach that lost his two big time players . Bryant to Indiana . North Carolina can't find a recruit with a search warrant! Right now the only " contenders" having a great recruiting year are Kentucky and Duke . And I don't think either of these are done

Rack him.

I think that the reason Oregon is in the lead is because none of the big schools like UK, Duke, Kansas, etc was recruiting Murray. His name just came up big during the All-Star circuit and when he scored 30 points in the Nike Classic All-Star game. He was by far the best guard in that game and could score from outside as well as inside. Most of the experts in recruiting are saying Oregon has the huge lead because they were at one time the only school really going hard after him last 2 years. I am sure that will all change now when you start hearing UK, Duke, Kansas, etc is now wanting this kid. I am sure that is why he said he needed to sit back and relax and now look at these other big schools that are now involved in his recruiting. It is not just Oregon anymore recruiting Murray its the Big Folks now recruiting Murray and that changes everything!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT