ADVERTISEMENT

Good match up

thomas robinson entered college with zero basketball ability....he left college basketball with zero basketball ability. thats why he has already been on half the teams in the league. good thing he is tall.

svi, greene, vick, mickelson, lucas are better then no one....thats pure homer talk. these guys are actually pretty bad. just find ku game threads from last year where ku fans would CRUSH these guys all the time. when when its on another teams board....they get hyped up

Kansas fans never disappoint. My goodness. Ellis better than Poy? At what?

ellis is pretty good. solid college player. nothing special. good fundamentals, but below the rim. shrinks in big moments and usually gets dominated against legit size/NBA big men. he is lucky in a way....when was the last PF to go to the NBA from b12 in the first round? its a league without a lot of size/talent so he can play comfortable.

UK's backcourt is more talented, IMHO.

The frontcourt is close, but UK's backcourt talent is much better.

thomas robinson entered college with zero basketball ability....he left college basketball with zero basketball ability. thats why he has already been on half the teams in the league. good thing he is tall.

svi, greene, vick, mickelson, lucas are better then no one....thats pure homer talk. these guys are actually pretty bad. just find ku game threads from last year where ku fans would CRUSH these guys all the time. when when its on another teams board....they get hyped up

Sure has hung around in the league with "no talent".

He was very good for us his Junior year. If he can stop trying to be a go-to scorer and just be Dennis Rodman, he will last 15 years in the League.

No need to be an hyperbolic a-hole man. I came in peace.

But if you wanna talk shit than I am there for you.

This is not surprising, almost everyone outside of KY would say the same thing. We have seen glimpses from Poythress. Ellis has played much more and scored much more. He is not the athlete Alex is but he has shown more basketball skills.

Alex needs to do more than just jump out of the gym. I'm hoping he comes back 100% and is able to make huge strides.

This is not surprising, almost everyone outside of KY would say the same thing. We have seen glimpses from Poythress. Ellis has played much more and scored much more. He is not the athlete Alex is but he has shown more basketball skills.

Alex needs to do more than just jump out of the gym. I'm hoping he comes back 100% and is able to make huge strides.

wouldnt count on it....he probably has done little in terms of basketball development in the past year, its all probably been just rehab stuff.

Well, then it is going to be hard to say he is better than Ellis.

he will put up better numbers than poythress....but that is mostly because he has too. ellis is going to be the #1 option for KU and get 15+ shots per game. poythress is going to be the 4th or 5th option for UK.

but poythress can play shut down defense and grab tough rebounds like he did the 2013 run....it wins games. ellis cant do that.

One of the keys to Kentucky utterly dominating Kansas in November was Poythress and Lee, in shifts, totally shutting down Ellis (1-6, 2 rebounds, 0 blocks, 3 fouls) Perry just wasn't athletic enough to function against superior athletes. Hard to see that changing in a rematch.

Poythress has his own set of issues. He's certainly frustrated me over the years from time to time. But I have never once watched Ellis and thought much of him. He's like a slightly more talented Sheray Thomas. Nope. Never mind. He is Sheray Thomas.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
Poythress has his own set of issues. He's certainly frustrated me over the years from time to time. But I have never once watched Ellis and thought much of him. He's like a slightly more talented Sheray Thomas. Nope. Never mind. He is Sheray Thomas.

No Gossie, he is better than Sheray, hell, Cal wanted him. He is not an athletic specimen. But he knows the game and is very serviceable. I hope we get the offensive production from Poy and Lee that KU will get from Perry.

However, Perry will never be the defender our kids are.

Kansas- Take your Big 12 championship and your fan base can brag about how many you have in the trophy case.
Your program is not in the same league as Kentucky and you all know it.

Sure has hung around in the league with "no talent".

He was very good for us his Junior year. If he can stop trying to be a go-to scorer and just be Dennis Rodman, he will last 15 years in the League.

No need to be an hyperbolic a-hole man. I came in peace.

But if you wanna talk shit than I am there for you.
I respect how you've posted on this board, but you've done very little to prove you're a knowledgeable basketball fan. A homer? Yes, but that's it.

Reactions: Uk1111
No Gossie, he is better than Sheray, hell, Cal wanted him. He is not an athletic specimen. But he knows the game and is very serviceable. I hope we get the offensive production from Poy and Lee that KU will get from Perry.

However, Perry will never be the defender our kids are.
The only reason Ellis produces on offense is because Self's system runs the offense through the post. If Ellis is still one of the primary options on offense by January, then I won't be too worried about the game.

Calipari doesn't have any particular tendencies. He wants his best players taking the most shots. Poythress won't produce a whole lot on offense unless he gets a lot more aggressive. Right now it looks like Skal, Murray, and Briscoe will lead us in scoring. Poythress will contribute primarily in defense and rebounding, everything else is a bonus.

Reactions: brianpoe
I didn't realize the game wasn't until January. If that's the case, I love UK's chances even more.

Had to look this up:

"The Men's basketball program at the University of Kansas has a current record at Allen Fieldhouse, as of March 3, 2015, is 732-109. Since 1994, the Jayhawks have gone 296-15. Since 2007, they have gone 140-3, making Allen Fieldhouse the statistically greatest home-court advantage in all of sports during this time."

3 losses since 2007. I have no idea what the odds will be but I'd bet my house right now we will not be double digit favorites.

Reactions: gossie21
Really? No way. Who was the last 10-12 point favorite at the Fieldhouse?

They'll win by 10-12 points, maybe that would be more accurate. I have no idea what Vegas would do, and like some said probably 2-3 point difference.

But, UK will win by 10-12 points. My guess.

Reactions: brianpoe
The only reason Ellis produces on offense is because Self's system runs the offense through the post.

There's no need to resort to idiotic takes when you're throwing your bombs. Ellis is very skilled he just gets shut down by athletic 7-footers. His footwork is great.

There's no need to resort to idiotic takes when you're throwing your bombs. Ellis is very skilled he just gets shut down by athletic 7-footers. His footwork is great.
So because I don't think Ellis is all that good, that is an "idiotic take?"

I've never been really all that impressed with him. But I hope he's your best player this year and I hope Self continues to run the offense through him in the post. He doesn't scare me one bit.

So because I don't think Ellis is all that good, that is an "idiotic take?"

I've never been really all that impressed with him. But I hope he's your best player this year and I hope Self continues to run the offense through him in the post. He doesn't scare me one bit.

thats the thing that cracks me up about ku fans. for some reason they keep saying...us uk fans are putting all our eggs in the murray and skal basket. while at the same time...they are putting all their eggs in the mason and ellis basket.

which basket do you really want to be holding? i'll take the one with 2 players who are going to be drafted in the top 5 and cal holding it. easy decision.

Kansas will once again be overrated.

Ellis does nothing great, and therefore will be easy to shut him down. Overall basketball skill maybe above Poythress, Poythress can still add to the team that no other player in NCAA can add. Which separates him from Ellis.

Like they say in NBA, it's better to be great at one thing than be good at everything.

Poythress gives and saves us possession that no one else on the team can get.

I'll take Poythress over Ellis any day of the week. Especially when you have much better scorer than Ellis with Ulis, Skal, Briscoe, and Murray...

I will only say this, if Kansas with the team they have coming back, and with it being at Kansas, don't finally beat us, they better have EMS around after the game for the jayhawk fans.

So true. We will be out of our minds. Don't think it happens, but if it does....pop the good popcorn, open a bottle of that good, famous and enjoy.

I pledge to post on that day, either way.

Can't disagree about Alex's progress, but it is frustrating not being able to benefit from all of the pent up talent. Talent is deep. Consistency is not there.

If self throws his entire play book out the window against us, they may have a slight chance of beating us. That play style beats us 0 out of 400 tries. It's like producing the perfect scheme to go completely against everything that has a chance to beat us.

Can't wait to watch mason "beating his man off the dribble" or Ellis "going up for a soft hook" only to be blocked into the helms banners.

I guess you're just going to ignore that play style in the '08 championship. Or are you saying it is different at Kentucky?

I just hope someone explains to UK's players before they take the floor in Lawrence that Helms Banners were made-up 'championships' handed out by a now-defunct California bakery, and that Kentucky could hang at least two of them (1933, 1954) along side its legitimate 8 championships, if not afraid of tarnishing the program's real accomplishments. I wouldn't want our guys to be falsely impressed.

I guess you're just going to ignore that play style in the '08 championship. Or are you saying it is different at Kentucky?

Since 2008 you guys have had your season ended by Northern Iowa, VCU, Stanford, and Wichita State...

Last year you lost by 32 to UK and by 25 to Temple!

Or are you just ignoring those games?

Nope. We own them.

And they suck and haunt us.

Cal has been really successful but also went to the NIT and lost in the first round to Robert Morris I think.

Do you own that?

Coach Self has won the same number of championships as has Cal, and his win came over Cal. Cal beat us in 2012 and did so efficiently. (I'm not one of those who say the clock ran out on us. If they were STILL playing, UK would still be in the lead).

But Coach Self has not had a single game vacated, let alone a final four.

Coach Calipari has had two!

I don't come here to troll or talk sh*t, but when posters talk shi* on Coach Self, I respond.

Kentucky is a great basketball school. And this is a good board.

Cal is the better coach, IMHO.

Cal is no more responsible for what Rose did than Self is for Alexander's mistake.

So that shouldn't be a factor.

They won their titles against each other.

But Cal lost at a mid-major program against a Blue Blood program. In title games you almost always bet on the Blue Bloods.

Cal led two mid-majors to the Final Four.

Cal has owned Self since both took over Blue Blood programs.

Self is a good coach, but he's not better than Cal, IMHO.

Nope. We own them.

Cal has been really successful but also went to the NIT and lost in the first round to Robert Morris I think.

Do you own that?

Coach Self has won the same number of championships as has Cal, and his win came over Cal. Cal beat us in 2012 and did so efficiently. (I'm not one of those who say the clock ran out on us. If they were STILL playing, UK would still be in the lead).

I don't come here to troll or talk sh*t, but when posters talk shi* on Coach Self, I respond.

Defend the hair piece all you want, I think he is a good coach as well. I was responding to Kimohawk, you his girlfriend?

Nope. We own them.

Do you own that?

You bring up Cal's Final Four vacancies where Cal was found innocent, but yet don't mention Alexander taking money and what went down with Arthur. Don't act like one coach is guilty and the other is innocent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT