Reactions: ymmot31
Callaway 815 DBD Big Bertha
RBZ Stage 2 3 wood
913H 2 iron hybrid
MP58 3-PW
Vokey 52 & 58
Cameron California Del Mar
Pro V1x

I took up golf (again) last year and bought a full GigaGolf set and a used Rossie II.

I am a bogey golfer and these cheap clubs were light years ahead of my old set and made it a lot more fun for me last year. I probably averaged 27 holes a weekend all summer and would hit up GolfNow late Friday and Saturday to snag an early tee time the next morning.

Before last year, I had played maybe ten rounds in the last ten years (and two in the last eight). I played once when I lived in NYC and we had to jog off the course after #6 in order to return the ZipCar in time.

Driver: Callaway X-hot 9.5 deg, stiff flex
3-wood: Callaway Diablo Octane stiff flex
3-hybrid: Taylormade Burner Rescue 19 deg with a Aldila heavy stiff shaft
5-hybrid: Nickent 5DX 23 deg stiff shaft
Irons: Callaway X-20 6-PW stiff/steel
52 deg: Cleveland CG12
56 deg: Cleveland CG14
60 deg: Cleveland CG15
Putter: Odyssey White Hot Tour #1

All purchased used through Ebay for a fraction of the cost of new........except the driver which was new and fitted. I highly, highly recommend being fitted if you can afford it.

For balls, I used the https://www.bridgestonegolf.com/product/ball-fitting/ball-selection-guide and have been using the E6. And, my goodness what a difference.

In desperate need of an equipment overhaul.

King Cobra something or other driver (dad couldn't hit it and gave it to me)
Some Cleveland 3 wood
The original Big Bertha 5 wood. Like before warbird.
Callaway irons, no clue on the exact kind
Titelist something 48 degree
A different Titelist something 52 degree
Cleveland something 56 degree
Wilson 8802 putter. Love that thing.

Titelist NXT Tour balls.

Driver: Callaway X-hot 9.5 deg, stiff flex
3-wood: Callaway Diablo Octane stiff flex
3-hybrid: Taylormade Burner Rescue 19 deg with a Aldila heavy stiff shaft
5-hybrid: Nickent 5DX 23 deg stiff shaft
Irons: Callaway X-20 6-PW stiff/steel
52 deg: Cleveland CG12
56 deg: Cleveland CG14
60 deg: Cleveland CG15
Putter: Odyssey White Hot Tour #1

All purchased used through Ebay for a fraction of the cost of new........except the driver which was new and fitted. I highly, highly recommend being fitted if you can afford it.

For balls, I used the https://www.bridgestonegolf.com/product/ball-fitting/ball-selection-guide and have been using the E6. And, my goodness what a difference.

I agree with the ball fitting. I just switched to the E5 based on the suggestion. I'm typically a low ball hitter; the E5 helps me with elevation and carry. I picked up 10-15 yards on my irons and didn't sacrifice any spin.

^I generally have a small fade, but the E6 straightened me right out......and in some cases I'll have a nice draw.

The ball has nothing to do whether you draw or fade the ball. [laughing]

Serious or sarcasm?

First, a swing can cause sidespin to a ball. You can do this intentionally or unintentionally. For me, I have a natural side spin that occurs with my swing which isn't a full slice.....it's more of a fade.

http://golf-info-guide.com/golf-tips/playing-conditions/what-is-sidespin-on-the-golf-ball/

The ball I use is the Bridgestone E6 which is their side spin reducer.

http://www.golfballed.com/component/content/article?id=64

Many manufacturers make balls like this. They won't correct excessively poor play, but they can help.

Driver - (1) Taylor Made Sldr set to draw bias or (2) Cobra S3 [I change back and forth depending on how shitty I am hitting the ball, driver is the worst club in my bag]
TM Sldr 3W (13 deg)
Titleist 910 4W (17 deg) - I love this club
22 and 25 deg Cobra Rail Hybrids
6-GW Mizuno JPX 800
Cleveland Rotex 56 and 60 wedges
TM Spider putter (love this club as well)

Usually Pro V1x, but will play the Pro V1 as well, I just don't see that much difference in the two

SLDR driver
Callaway 3/5 woods and 4/5 hybrids
Adams irons
Cleveland wedges
Ping putter
Titleist balls (ProV1's or Velocity)

May try out those chrome Callway balls like catlanta mentioned. read up on them and they do sound like a solid ball.

Well, obviously.

Your post indicated that the golf ball caused your fade to turn into a draw...and that's not possible.

I'm not really sure. The golf ball straightened out my drive.....no doubt about that. Now, am able to draw it much more now than I ever have.....by a large amount. Is it the ball or has my swing changed? I don't know.....I guess according to you, it's gotta be the swing.

Ping s-15 irons
Driver Cleveland Hi-Bore (need new driver)
Adams 3 wood
Adams hybrid (need new hybrid)
Cheapie 5 wood i dont know the name of
A solid blade putter ill have to check the name of but it isn't a brand name.
I'm a proponent of using the same ball but haven't thus far this year, need to settle in on one again.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to play this year yet. New kids tend to do that, I guess.
Driver: TM R9 460 (Project X Shaft)
TM Rocketballz tour 3W
Adams Idea Black 2h or Cleveland Launcher 3h
Titleist 710 AP2 with (Projectx shafts), 4-PW
Titleist Vokey 52-56-60 wedges
I switch around with putters because I am terrible on the greens and am always convinced a new putter will fix my putting woes. Strangely, they never do.

Usually ProV1x or Bridgestone 330 balls, but I'm guessing when I finally play again this year, I'll go with something cheaper, given my lack of practice.

I'm not really sure. The golf ball straightened out my drive.....no doubt about that. Now, am able to draw it much more now than I ever have.....by a large amount. Is it the ball or has my swing changed? I don't know.....I guess according to you, it's gotta be the swing.
well a ball wouldn't make it spin the OTHER way. It might help it spin less, but it can't reverse the spin.

^makes sense that it wouldn't reverse the spin I suppose. But BB said the "ball has nothing to do with a fade or draw."

TM Driver and Woods (older Burner series)
Mizuno MP-54 Irons (4-PW)
Vokey Wedges (52, 56, 60)
Ping Putter

TM woods have always worked for me, love the feel I get with the Mizuno irons, and can't go wrong with Vokey wedges. The Ping Putter I have had forever. Typically use Pro V1's. They seem to perform best around the greens.

Again, obviously. Overall the ball has very little to do with it if you're talking hook/slice though, which is why you snap hook & slice your Molitor all over London. Maybe try the E6 you'll be straightened out in NO TIME!!!! It'll like magic!!!

Are clubs different too or do they all perform the same? Tia

Last edited:
Titleist 910 D3 driver @ 9.5 deg
Titleist 975F 3 wood 13.5 deg
Cleveland TA1 2 iron
Mizuno MP14 3-pw
Mizuno MP-10 52 and 56 wedges
Teardrop Rollface putter

Pro V1

That's bc it doesn't. All balls perform differently but the path/face determine spin & ball flight. Pretty simple stuff.

Maybe try badminton.

So wait.....you state that all balls perform differently but then turn around and state that balls have nothing to do with flight pattern? Yes...the swing is, by far, the greatest dictator of flight path......but saying that "balls have NOTHING to do with a fade or draw" is incorrect. An anti-spin ball can reduce side spin rpm up to a few hundred. While it may not be enough to completely correct a big time slice, it most certainly can correct a small fade.

If you play a low spin ball, I'll take your money. If you consistently hit a fade, aim left. Don't give up the feel and control around and on the green.

Cobra Bio cell driver, 4 wood, 3 hybrid and 4 hybrid

Bridgestone J-40 irons 5-pw

Callaway Jaws wedges, 50/54/58

2 ball putter

Srixon Z Star

Last edited:
Taylor 480 (Tried others and end up using this again)
Talyor Burner bubble 3W (Tried several others and end up using this again)
Adams 3 and 4 hybrid
Adams A7 iron
Cleveland 50/54/58 CG10 wedge
Ping Sedona putter (used since 95)

Titleist ProV1 (When hitting well)
Cheap distance ball (When hitting bad to help offset sides spin)

I tend to get hooked on some clubs and never update. I'm also nuts and have the 58 bent to 60 because I used to think I couldn't hit a 60 well enough. Seeing the 58 makes a difference.

Only playing a handful of times a yr is likely holding me back waaaaay more than the ball.

Taylor Made Driver/Hybrid/3wood
Ping iron set

Maxfli soft. Also like the Calloway Chrome. ProV1 when I can find them on the course. Like poster above said w/ just seeing the 58 makes him hit better. Standing over the 3 balls above, I feel more confident. Throw in a Top Flight or another brand, I'm spraying that ish all over the course.

Low 90's player. Started 5 years ago and would play everyday if I could.

ADVERTISEMENT