ADVERTISEMENT

Giles commits to...

I love it. You guys keep saying he will be at puke and don't bother recruiting him. Now a wake fan gives a glimmer of hope and some good insight and you start to change your tune a bit.
This is why I don't understand guys that come on here and talk in absolutes. I want him it UK so bad but the best part would be all the guys on here back pedaling. When will you guys learn...it is how recruiting goes and yet you guys still talk like something is 100% certain to happen.
Not sure why you're quoting me to make your point. I never stated an absolute that he won't be here. Just seems from all I've read here and other places that it's unlikely.

And yes, I tend to get a little more hope from opposing fans when they give information like this. Kentucky fans, like most college basketball fans of their teams, are homers. :) I want to believe the best possible things about my team. But an opposing fan may be a little more unbiased about Kentucky information than Kentucky fans would be.

As a Wake fan this move took us out of contention. I'm from Winston-Salem and the barbershop talk is he's headed to Duke, sent to Oak Hill by coach K to keep Harry from so many pick up games on Wakes campus. This move also gets the WS natives out of Harry's ear everywhere he goes in town. It's also been said that the only thing that keeps him from Duke is Cal. The kid really likes Cal and Cal has sold Harry on being his 6th number 1 overall pick!!! (Rose, Wall, AD, KAT & Skal) Cal has told Harry to watch Skal this year and that's how he envisions Harry!! If Harry commits early its Duke but if he waits till spring I'd lookout for Cal!! KAT beating Oakfor for the number 1 pick has resonated with Harry!! Cal told him that he got KAT to reclass and in one season he rose to number one while after the same season Okafor the consensus 1 all year fell to 3!!! I know y'all hate the draft but Cal knows what he's doing!!!

Is this even legal? Meh, should know better. With the NCAA seeding and special privileges, it's no wonder that K is enamored as the "greatest college coach alive". The guy could punch Emmerts wife in the face and be given an award. I wonder how well Cal would fare if he got all the special privileges and baby food NCAA seedings?

P*** on K.

Holy crap. Look back at all the posts from the last few weeks.
He is going to Duke.
He is going to Duke.
Wasting our time.
He is going to Duke.

Sounds like you are speaking in absolutes to me.

When I say sent to Oak Hill by K, I mean it's been strongly suggested by the Duke staff to make the move. And of course coach Smith at Oak Hill is waiting with open arms. Danny Manning has made a lot of in roads with Harry but it sure helps when Harry spent so much time on campus unofficially just playing pick up and bonding with the guys. Now with him in Virginia he probably doesn't spend as much time on campus.

I think it's funny you mentioned talking in absolutes and the post you quoted didn't say anything like that. They said what they expect and what they think but nothing of "Giles is 100% headed to duke, Cal should stop recruiting him."

I also think it's funny that the best part of Giles committing to UK for you would be some sense of retribution against other UK fans.

We get Giles, we don't get Giles... We are still going to contend for the number 1 class and be absolutely loaded.
With all the uncertainties in recruiting it gets old with guys saying something is going to happen a certain way.
Especially after this recruiting year that just ended.
But if we set Giles then we will hear all kinds of bs back pedaling.
I guess it isn't that big of a deal, just don't get the statements made on here by people that have zero impact on the outcome, and most of the time have minimal info to support it.

When I say sent to Oak Hill by K, I mean it's been strongly suggested by the Duke staff to make the move. And of course coach Smith at Oak Hill is waiting with open arms. Danny Manning has made a lot of in roads with Harry but it sure helps when Harry spent so much time on campus unofficially just playing pick up and bonding with the guys. Now with him in Virginia he probably doesn't spend as much time on campus.

This is actually pretty spot on. Giles and his family reached out to Coach K before he even decided to transfer to Oak Hill looking for his opinion on making the move. K told both Giles and his family it was probably in his best interest to transfer to Oak Hill.

Who would be the first from Huntington Prep?

I had thought about St. Pats. We also went hard after Kyrie from St. Pats too.

Missed the Cal part and was counting Patterson.

It should be noted that I don't read well. I only have an English degree, so in my defense, you can't expect much out of my ability to comprehend what I read.

Missed the Cal part and was counting Patterson.

It should be noted that I don't read well. I only have an English degree, so in my defense, you can't expect much out of my ability to comprehend what I read.
Not to be overly nit-picky, but Patterson didn't go to Huntington Prep. He went to Huntington High School.

We still haven't (at least to my knowledge) landed a recruit from HP. We only really tried hard with Wiggins, although we did express (some) interest in Gorgui Dieng, Xavier Rathen-Mayes, Montaque Gill-Caesar, and Jordan Perkins

I assuming since he the #1 recurit in the class, he is going to play the game of not having any favorites and no one knows where he is going but his family kind of stuff and pick duke in the spring on national tv.

I assuming since he the #1 recurit in the class, he is going to play the game of not having any favorites and no one knows where he is going but his family kind of stuff and pick duke in the spring on national tv.

Will be a fall decision from Giles.

Never understood why people say we have no shot at Giles. Cal has been recruiting him since he was a freshman. He has been to big blue madness at least once. Sure Duke is the leader, but if it was so "set in stone" why wouldn't he just go ahead and commit? The longer he waits the better our odds of landing him gets IMO

ADVERTISEMENT