ADVERTISEMENT

Gameday (Parking/Food/Time)

C8TS

Junior
Nov 8, 2011
Coming in for the game next week (7:30pm). I’m in section 9 - entering from gate 4. On UK’s website, it says free parking at Rose Street Garage which is only a 15 minute walk. Is that a bad spot or any other decent spots around (prefer walk and free).

Also, looking for restaurants nearby.
Also, trying to figure out timing.

I have a great system/setup for Rupp Arena but no nothing about area of Kroger Field. Been a couple of years since I’ve been.

Any help would be much appreciated! GO CATS!

Coming in for the game next week (7:30pm). I’m in section 9 - entering from gate 4. On UK’s website, it says free parking at Rose Street Garage which is only a 15 minute walk. Is that a bad spot or any other decent spots around (prefer walk and free).

Also, looking for restaurants nearby.
Also, trying to figure out timing.

I have a great system/setup for Rupp Arena but no nothing about area of Kroger Field. Been a couple of years since I’ve been.

Any help would be much appreciated! GO CATS!
I just park at Rupp. I believe it was free. There's a bus that will take you to the stadium and back for like a dollar each way. Easiest way to get in and out of there. You'll be in your car heading home while most people are struggling to get out of the parking lots by and around the stadium.

I generally park for free at Parking Structure #2 next to the Young Library. Sometimes I’ll take the LexTran shuttle from Rupp or KSR Grill.

PS2 is about a 15 minute walk, but you’ll have to approach it from the south (University Drive) because starting this year they’ve blocked off Woodland to regular traffic.

Parking structure 2 was completely full this week do not waste time trying to park there
Find a church off Nicholsvillke or Tate’s Creek
Be careful parking on campus anywhere without a permit

Parking structure 2 was completely full this week do not waste time trying to park there
Find a church off Nicholsvillke or Tate’s Creek
Be careful parking on campus anywhere without a permit
Wife and I got there about 10:30am and there were still spaces available. But yeah, if you get there within 3 hours of KO you’re pushing your luck.

I highly recommend the park and bus ride. Especially with the night game. Go eat somewhere you want. Get to Rupp a few hours before game time. Hop on the shuttle before and after the game. No walking in the dark.

I highly recommend the park and bus ride. Especially with the night game. Go eat somewhere you want. Get to Rupp a few hours before game time. Hop on the shuttle before and after the game. No walking in the dark.

What time would I need to get to Rupp in order to get over there about 45 minutes before game? How long do you normally have to wait for a shuttle?

Last edited:
What time would I need to get to Rupp in order to get over there about 45 minutes before game? How long do you normally have to wait for a shuttle?
I think I usually get there earlier than 45 minutes. I'd say it's only like a 10 to 15 minutes ride at most. Unless there are any extra stops along the way. I never had to wait long for a shuttle. I'd guess to be on the safe side, I'd get to Rupp like an hour and a half before game time.

It will take you like 5 minutes to walk down to the bus, 15 minute ride, and then you'll also have to walk like 10 to 15 minutes from the stop to the stadium. So all of that is about 30 minutes and it gives you 15 minutes of extra time to get there at your 45 minutes early time. With it being a Saturday night, there could be more traffic. I've only been to 1 night game and it's been a few years. So this is all just a guess.

Reactions: C8TS
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT