ADVERTISEMENT

Funny story with Stoops and Elam

jnewc2

Senior
Nov 22, 2006
From the Courier Journal & Kyle Tucker:

"Fight night at Stoops' house. In explaining what a family UK football has become, Stoops said he got a text from sophomore defensive tackle Matt Elam two weekends ago wondering what his coach was up to. Neither was busy, so Elam came to Stoops' house and the two watched a mixed martial arts fight together and then hung out until the wee hours. "I look down at the clock and it's about 1:30 in the morning and I said, 'Matt, I gotta go to bed.' "

Also, here's a pic of Stoops & Brooks from the women's clinic earlier today (I vote that we somehow persuade Brooks to stay in Lex for a year & come on as Special teams coach and assistant DC :uzi:

Last edited:
Man those guys are in shape. Stoops has lost his gut he had going on before surgery and Rich Brooks was always a man in shape for his age.

Man those guys are in shape. Stoops has lost his gut he had going on before surgery and Rich Brooks was always a man in shape for his age.

That was my first thought too..Stoops looks in shape.. What kind of surgery?

Brooks was a boxer. So he must have amazing self discipline. Stoops has a weird mouth. He always looks like he's mid-sentence when a photo is taken.

Reactions: jnewc2
Great to see Coach Brooks back around the program again. He and Stoops seem to have great respect for each other. Also, both are and were players coaches.

Reactions: jnewc2
ADVERTISEMENT