ADVERTISEMENT

Funny how things work out

ThroughBlue

All-American
Aug 21, 2005
Andromeda
With all the depression on this board about recruiting and some posters probably placed on suicide watch, we are easing in on another #1 class IF we sign Murray. So much for a down year. . .

Yes, but in the off-season there has to be something to worry, errrrrrr, talk about around here I suppose.

This is why you wait to judge - both recruiting classes and teams. A lot of fans gave up on the Knight team, and they went to FF. A lot of fans gave up on the Randle team, and they nearly won a title. Just need to let it play out.

With all the depression on this board about recruiting and some posters probably placed on suicide watch, we are easing in on another #1 class IF we sign Murray. So much for a down year. . .
Stfu sunshine pumper...jk, jk :)

Cal seems to think we need another wing player and getting Brown woulda been nice. But I can't help but wonder why he hasn't went out and got another post player. Not a starter just someone to come in for few mins just in case someone got hurt or fouls out of a game. The last 3 season has seen us losing a post player each time.

someone like a Vargas would fit our needs.

Cal seems to think we need another wing player and getting Brown woulda been nice. But I can't help but wonder why he hasn't went out and got another post player. Not a starter just someone to come in for few mins just in case someone got hurt or fouls out of a game. The last 3 season has seen us losing a post player each time.

Maybe because he already has that player signed?

We have no real idea what Wynyard's plans are. And you need to be careful about handing out scholarships just to have a body on the roster. That's how you end up having a Tubby 2006 situation- three 7 footers on scholarship who combine to play barely 500 minutes in 35 games- or worse, Creaning.

Maybe Cal is a little more in tune with the needs of our roster than we are.

Because he doesnt want to take up a schollie for a player like that, ala Vargas. I mean, what did Vargas give us? Not much at all. I'd rather him hang onto that schollie then to give it away to someone that will average 2-3 mins a game for 4 years. Plus, its not like he hasn't tried to go get a significant player for the post. He has went after several, this class is just weird and we whiffed on those players. Then, the other big from Charlotte went to freaking Illinois!!! I mean really, who does that?? So, its not like he didn't try.

Did Cal tell vick not to visit? I hadnt heard that and it is interesting for sure if true.

Yep, Another No.1 recruiting class and no Championship to show for it. But, maybe Cal can get 8 players drafted. You can hang a banner about that. Ha Ha
2014- Mercer 78, Duke 71
2013- Louisville 85, Duke 63
2012- Lehigh 75, Duke 70
2011- Arizona 93, Duke 77
2009- Villanova 77, Duke 54
2008- West Virginia 73, Duke 67
2007- VCU 79, Duke 77

ADVERTISEMENT