ADVERTISEMENT

From one BBN member to the rest--UPDATED 6/3 WITH RESULTS.

Voted again. Whats the count look like?

With just over four full days to go, our video has had 5100 views, which is >1400 more than the next most-viewed video. I can't help but think that translates to a big advantage in actual votes--at least that's my hope.

It's really looking like we have a great shot of pulling this off. Thanks so much to all of you who have been following along and voting daily!

OK everyone, so the voting period ends in just over 2 days (11:40 PM EST/10:40 PM CST on Thursday night; don't ask why they have the clock counting down to that odd time). I've listed below where each video stands in terms of total number of views at this point. Now, a "view" is only counted each time someone goes to the site and actually plays the video; tons of people (myself included) go to the site and just immediately vote on their favorite video each day without actually watching it. Thus, there's no way of judging how many actual votes each video has received, as there are probably several actual votes for each "view" that has been counted. That having been said, it would make sense that the videos with the most views are the ones being voted on the most.

Here's the breakdown:

1) Our Magical Storybook (my kids' video) - 6,452 views
2) Our Whole Trip to Disney (IMHO an incredibly well-done and fun video that is by far my favorite that isn't ours -- but keep voting for ours though!) - 4,226 views
3) The Memories Never End - 3,351
4) Prince Mighty Matthew - 2,693
5) A Two-Year Old's Trip - 2,386
6) Disney Magic - 1,502
7) Elsa! - 1,457
8) Lila Meets Tigger - 1,065
9) Kaylee's Love Poem to Disney - 951
10) Afraid to Fly - 934
11) Twins Love Disney World - 827
12) Noah Defeats Darth Vader - 712 (throatpoker has his work cut out for him if he wants to use multiple proxies to vote this one up into the lead, haha. Though I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic... right...?)

Wow. I don't want to be overly confident since I don't know the actual vote tally, but wow.

Granted, my wife and some of her family members have been working Facebook and Twitter pretty hard as well, but there's no doubt BBN has played a big role in this competition. Way to go.

When I made my original post, I was hopeful that some BBN members would have my back and that we could scrounge up a few votes here, but I only dreamt of this level of support. Thank you all so much for your repeated moments of kindness that you have performed without any expectation whatsoever of getting anything in return. I am amazed.

All right--we are EXACTLY 24 hours out from the end of this voting competition. Let's finish this off strong!

It does look like we've added 1000 views in the past 24 hours, which is awesome. Our toughest competition also added quite a bit of views today (they had their "story" featured on the front page of a local newspaper...), so we didn't really expand our "lead" any, but hopefully we're still ok. They did gain about 200 views on us earlier today though...

Reactions: bdkatfan
11289543_10102101884533752_1519957790060665664_o.jpg

Reactions: bdkatfan
ADVERTISEMENT