ADVERTISEMENT

From one BBN member to the rest--UPDATED 6/3 WITH RESULTS.

slford00

Blue Chip Prospect
Gold Member
Dec 12, 2004
Lifelong die-hard UK fan and UK graduate here. As a Rivals lurker/part-time poster for over a decade, I know that BBN has a proud tradition of completely overtaking and dominating online polls, and I need your help.

My wife and kids submitted a video to a contest through Disney World, and the winning family gets a 6 night vacation to the parks, including one night staying in the suite in Cinderella's castle (a life-long dream of my wife's and a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity).

Out of hundreds (thousands?) of submissions, we're among the 12 finalists who made it to the public voting stage. All you have to do is open the link to our video and click the blue heart in the lower left corner to vote -- 5 seconds at the most.

http://bit.ly/1IDZtKI

BBN, do what you do best.

Update 5/28:
Final listing of "views" each video received:

1) Our Magical Storybook (my kids' video) - 9,218
2) Our Whole Trip to Disney - 5,854
3) The Memories Never End - 4,130
4) Prince Mighty Matthew - 3,968
5) A Two-Year-Old's Trip - 2,770
6) Disney Magic - 1.914
7) Elsa! - 1.776
8) Lila Meets Tigger - 1,391
9) Kayla's Love Poem to Disney - 1,182
10) Afraid to Fly - 1,168
11) Twins Love Disney World - 1,056
12) Noah Defeats Darth Vader - 948

As you can see, these results look VERY promising for my family. However, one last time, I must point out that number of views does NOT necessarily correlate with number of votes. I know there were a lot of people trying to vote over and over again on certain videos each day, even though Disney will only count one of those votes per day, which throws the accuracy of the views off.

I don't know the true vote tally, nor do I know when Disney will announce the winner. The official rules state that the winner will be notified "on or around June 2015" -- whatever that means.

As SOON as we know the results, win or lose, I will post them here. And in the event we win: believe me, I will bring this thread back up when we go on our trip and post tons of pictures, links to videos, etc.

Thank you BBN so much for coming through and supporting my family the way you have. In the grand scheme of things, it's a pretty meaningless contest, but it has been incredible to witness so many of you performing acts of complete kindness to a stranger who's only connection to you is by our "brotherhood" of UK fandom.

Update 6/3:
Well BBN, as much as I hate to be the bearer of bad news, I have to announce that the Spring of Misery for the UK fandom continues. Our family unfortunately did not win the competition.

We were honestly a little surprised when we were notified this morning given the number of views our video had received compared to the competition, but apparently another video was voted on many more times than it was actually viewed. As I noted all along, the views total was not equivalent to actual votes.

While it's disappointing to be so close and come up short (feels a lot like early April in our household! haha), I very much appreciate the support shown here, especially by the posters who voted multiple times on successive days. I am honored by the kindness that was shown, and I take some comfort in the fact that the winning video (the one with the second most views) belongs to a family with four very adorable children who had previously only been able to go to Disney for one single day (which was the basis for their video).

We'll make it back to Disney on our own terms--though minus a Castle suite stay of course--and when that comes, it will be wonderful and we will be sure to take a photo with some UK love to post on here and represent BBN!

As a final note, we shot this video a week or so ago to as a "thank you" for everyone who supported us, with plans to release it once we knew the results, win or lose. Enjoy:

Last edited:
Thanks to all who have voted. It looks like right now we're in 2nd place out of the 12 finalists by almost 200 votes.

Only second day of voting though (out of 14), and remember we can vote every day.

Thanks for all the help! Currently our video has the most views (which, presumably correlates to the most votes as most people going to the site are from links on message boards, Facebook, Twitter, etc). 12 days to go though... we'll take every vote we can get!

i-voted.gif

Lifelong die-hard UK fan and UK graduate here. I apologize in advance that this has nothing to do with basketball, but BBN has a proud tradition of completely overtaking and dominating online votes, and I need your help.

My wife and kids submitted a video to a contest through Disney World, and the winning family gets a 6 night vacation to the parks, including one night staying in the suite at the top of the castle (a life-long dream of my wife's and a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity).

Out of hundreds (thousands?) of submissions, we've made the 12 finalists. All you have to do is open the link to our video and click the button in the lower left corner to vote -- 5 seconds at the most:

http://bit.ly/1IDZtKI

BBN, do what you do best.

P.S. To make the poll even more dominatable, in true UK fashion, you can re-vote each day. As such, I will probably keep this bumped every couple days until voting closes in 2 weeks if that's not too obnoxious for everyone.
Voted will continue to vote. Good luck BBN strikes again!!!

The Nation must win something this year, dammit! These two kids are gonna be it. vote people! what's the status Ford00?

My wife and I both LOL'd at this.

I'm not gonna lie, when I first made my OP, I thought about appealing to the fact that we've just suffered through one of the worst one-month stretches (April 2015) I can ever remember as a UK fan, and that this could be a way to make it better. (Seriously, I was in a sports-induced pseudo-depression most of last month).

But I didn't want to overdo it. I wasn't even sure if my request would be welcome here as it's unrelated to sports.

I can't say 100% for certain what the standings are currently, as we can't see the total vote tally. All I can go by is how many views each video has had -- presumably the ones that have been viewed more have been voted on more. Going by that metric, we're neck and neck with another (far inferior, in my opinion;)) video with a third one not too far behind. After those three, the other 9 finalists appear to be way behind.

Below is a picture my wife tagged on Facebook today. (Our second daughter wasn't in the original contest video as 1) she is mostly non-verbal at this age, and 2) hasn't been to Disney before. She would get to go with us on this trip though!)
11233254_10102076906400132_509606499704691078_n.jpg

And here's another link to vote: http://bit.ly/1IDZtKI

After voting, you have the option to share a link to our video via Facebook, Twitter, email, etc. if you are so inclined.

Less than 12 days left!

Last edited:
You got my vote brother. I wish you and your family success in winning this trip - especially for your wife and her dream of staying up in that castle room and especially for your kids. I will be 40 in about 9 months, but I can remember being a kid/my childhood so VERY vividly still that it seems as though it was only last decade. I LOVED going to Disney World when I was a young one. Hope your kids, your wife AND, for that matter YOU yourself love it as well. You're truly never too old to feel that childhood spirit well up within you.

I'll vote everyday until the contest has ran its course so long as I see this thread to remind me!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT