ADVERTISEMENT

Fresh Off Silver Medal in Pan Am Games, Jamal Murray Skyrockets to No. 6 in 2016 Mock Draft

Luckily for us, we don't have to convince ourselves that Murray is a really good player. The kid's play on the court against more hyped, seasoned players every time he steps on the court says all that needs to be said. None of us are hyping the kid to be an all time great. Again, luckily for us the kid doesn't need to be an all time great guard to be one of the best guards in college basketball next season. If you can't see that, i guess you'll be in for a huge surprise this coming basketball season. Murray seems to shock everyone that sees him play for the first time against really good competion. You never know, but i for one doubt that changes when the ball is tipped and college basketball has started.

I mean I don't think its an outlandish thing to say that Cal has probably underachieved (in regard to national titles) given the talent he has had between Memphis and UK. His only title required the #1 and #2 overall picks, one of which is becoming a transcendent star in the NBA. Yes I question Cal's ability in big games when he is the favorite with everything on the line. I don't care anymore. Guess I will wait until he proves me wrong. Was absolutely loaded last year and blew it. He flat out blew it. I won't sugar coat it anymore. I don't think he has what it takes to win another one. He can get the players, but he gets too tight.

But it's your approach to every single bleeping thread. We know. We hear you. If you feel that way, then just don't post anything until the first Monday in April every year. That's the only date that matters in any way, shape or form, so save it until then. Everything else is meaningless, so spare us.

I do personally think it's outlandish to suggest Cal has underachieved during his time here at Kentucky. To think like that, it would mean you think someone out there could do better. If you think that, please tell us the name of the coach who could have had better results. To me, it's almost insane to suggest Cal is underachieving. With the job Cal is doing here at Kentucky, i'm very thankful and would never question the man with the sucess he's having. I remember the Billy G and somewhat Tubby years at Kentucky. We're pretty much in the final four every single year with a shot to win a title every year he's been here. You can't expect, nor ask for anymore than that. If you can't understand titles are a total crap shoot, you will never be happy with college basketball. Think about it. We only have 8 of them with some of the best coaches in history coaching our school. I mean if you're a college basketball fan, you should know the best talent doesn't always win championships. We care so much about talent and recruiting rankings is the fact having the best means we will be one of the few elite schools having a shot at it. For me personally, just having a shot to win a title is awesome and as long as one of those schools, you'll eventually luck out and win another.

Reactions: brianpoe
But it's your approach to every single bleeping thread. We know. We hear you. If you feel that way, then just don't post anything until the first Monday in April every year. That's the only date that matters in any way, shape or form, so save it until then. Everything else is meaningless, so spare us.
Well said. This guy bashed Calipari the enitre last season only to dissappear after we reached the title game for the offseason. Started again early in the season, and when called out for dissappearing he pointed out he only posted during the season due to not living on a message board during the offseason.

With the season ended in a dissappointment, (to some), he's summer's open to continue to hijack every thread, even if it's not about Calipari. IE this one.

I guess if he gives money to the site he can troll all he wants. But like you said, he repeats the same stuff over and over. It completely takes away from the discussion at hand.

Reactions: Mike-D and brianpoe
He'd better stay away from those rackings! We need him!

groin.gif

LOL....Did he hit that dude in the nuts. I don't know why I don't remember seeing that highlight because I know it had to be on ESPN the next morning LMAO........

Well said. This guy bashed Calipari the enitre last season only to dissappear after we reached the title game for the offseason. Started again early in the season, and when called out for dissappearing he pointed out he only posted during the season due to not living on a message board during the offseason.

With the season ended in a dissappointment, (to some), he's summer's open to continue to hijack every thread, even if it's not about Calipari. IE this one.

I guess if he gives money to the site he can troll all he wants. But like you said, he repeats the same stuff over and over. It completely takes away from the discussion at hand.

I don't get why a person who hates UK basketball pays to be on this site...boggles my mind. He clearly is not a UK fan.

Reactions: Mike-D and brianpoe
When the Lakers was on the clock with the 2nd pick during the draft last month I knew their best pick would be Russell. Jalen Rose said the same thing on TV. He filled a need on that team. So Murray could go 2nd overall ahead of a guy like Simmons honestly. It just depends on what that team needs and what they're thinking. Either way. I think the top 3 freshman drafted will be Skal, Simmons, and Murray some way or another.

I mean I don't think its an outlandish thing to say that Cal has probably underachieved (in regard to national titles) given the talent he has had between Memphis and UK. His only title required the #1 and #2 overall picks, one of which is becoming a transcendent star in the NBA. Yes I question Cal's ability in big games when he is the favorite with everything on the line. I don't care anymore. Guess I will wait until he proves me wrong. Was absolutely loaded last year and blew it. He flat out blew it. I won't sugar coat it anymore. I don't think he has what it takes to win another one. He can get the players, but he gets too tight.

Been on this board for 10 years. First time I've ever felt the need to put someone on ignore. Congrats.

Reactions: downthehatch

Honestly Cut, I think you just like being the guy who's always on the opposite side, lol. First you say he can't win with NBA prospects and then you say the only way he did win was because he had the top TWO NBA prospects. You can't have it both ways. Before this past year, no coach in the past 6 years have teams that were mainly true freshmen and sophomores. Depending on youth at crunch time like in the FF is a tough thing for a HC to have to do. It would have been interesting to see how elite HCs would have done with their inexperienced teams like Cal did but everyone wanted to say we were destroying college basketball until Coach K finally said it was okay, and the world was right again.

I've had that moron on ignore for a few months now, but every time I open a thread and see people replying to what appears to be a clown I know it's him.

College ball is way down every year precisely for that reason.

Unless Brandon Ingram is the second coming of George Gervin or Kevin Durant, I think it's honestly a joke that he would get taken 4th overall after his freshman year. I mean he's a nice-looking prospect and all, but come on. It's a joke. And unless Ingram struggles mightily, he's basically guaranteed to be a 1-and-done lottery pick just by having hype and going to Duke.

It's just "the thing to do" now, for NBA teams to draft the top handful of freshmen every year. That doesn't mean that there's always at least a handful of 1-and-done players ready to make a legit impact in the NBA, because there usually isn't.

The 2015 class is not good when compared to 2014 and especially 2016 and 2017. It has a few nice-looking prospects but there's really not hardly any that have the look of a truly special player. People will convince themselves of anything so I know y'all think Murray is the 2nd coming of some all-time guard, but he's really not. After Simmons and maybe Labissiere, I don't think there's like a slam dunk NBA instant-impact guy.

Interesting take considering Murray was a top 15 recruit in the '16 class and wasn't highly watched by recruiting services. When he slid over to the '15 class he ended up around 12 or so on some sites and the more he plays the more scouts, coaches, announcers and fans can see that talent.

This class is just as talented over all as last years class was, prob more talented. I've seen most play in person and seen a lot of the '16 guys as well. Trust me the '15 guys more than held their own against them.
Every class is going to have guys ranked too high and ranked too low as it's not an exact science. Also rankings are based off your potential more so than what your going to contribute the next year in college.
Personally I'd much rather have a guy is going to be star in college but not a good pro prospect than the other way around. Why? I could care less about the nba but want my wildcats to being home titles.
That's why it is important to have veteran players mixed in with great freshmen talent.
I'm very excited to see this year get underway as we have some vets in Lee, Poy and to an extant Ulis. Those guys mixed in with our freshmen we should have a good team with another shot at the title.
Of course other teams are gonna built similarly and are going to have something to say as well. All it takes is a 6 game winning streak to win the title as Duke shown last season as they lost in the ACC tourney to another really nice team.

I think if we had a guy like Murray last season we would have won the title as our peremiter play was our weak point.

Maybe you would like to go back to the Billy G and Tubby days where we had to worry about getting into the NCAA tourney. Coaching is also about recruiting and there is no one better than Cal. Every year we are thinking this team could win it all instead of worrying about making the tourney. No team has had a better run than Kentucky since Cal has been here. I just don't know what it takes to please some people. If Cal won it every year people like you would say something negative like he should have played this guy more minutes or he should have played better defense, etc. Get a life.

ADVERTISEMENT