ADVERTISEMENT

Freddie Maggard is pure class

AndyPopCat

Junior
Gold Member
Sep 24, 2002
Bluegrass, USA
twitter.com
I won't get into specifics, but just wanted to take a moment to publicly thank Freddie for being such a genuinely classy person. The kindness and concern he has shown me is beyond reproach. I've taken it upon myself to personally apologize to him for any comments I've made that may have insulted him in any manner. I can't think of a finer person to be such a strong advocate for the Kentucky football program. I wish him continued success with his "labor of love" that is UK football. I sincerely hope his current role at KSR goes well and affords him many opportunities in the future. Thank you Freddie.

Reactions: A_Cat
I won't get into specifics, but just wanted to take a moment to publicly thank Freddie for being such a genuinely classy person. The kindness and concern he has shown me is beyond reproach. I've taken it upon myself to personally apologize to him for any comments I've made that may have insulted him in any manner. I can't think of a finer person to be such a strong advocate for the Kentucky football program. I wish him continued success with his "labor of love" that is UK football. I sincerely hope his current role at KSR goes well and affords him many opportunities in the future. Thank you Freddie.
100% accurate. Also, he NEEDS to be officially affiliated with UK football in some manner. For instance, he could replace someone on the pregame show who once famously said, "at UK, football is just a distraction until the real sport begins..."

Yes, Freddie is a class act, knowledgable and a die hard UK and Harlan County boy. What more could one ask !

100% accurate. Also, he (Freddie Maggard) NEEDS to be officially affiliated with UK football in some manner. For instance, he could replace someone on the pregame show who once famously said, "at UK, football is just a distraction until the real sport begins..."

I wish there was a way to give you multiple likes for that post. :football:

I agree 100%. He has been kind and giving to me. My bull headedness still won't allow me to click any link of KS R though. I hope the platform is just a stopping point until Freddie is the face of UK football. God Bless you Freddie

Reactions: AndyPopCat
I love Freddie. I absolutely wish he was more objective in his coverage vs sounding like another super fan. But you can't help but like the guy.

Reactions: Bigbluediddy63
YES... FM and JLo on pre game ....and.....post game!
Nothing against the other guy but these two know what they're taking about and do well at it when been given the chance....
I can't deny how much I like getting deer sightings post game :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: but would much prefer fan/host interaction and post game commentary from knowledgeable sources... But can't deny the entertainment factor of having the opposite behind the mic.....

Still am interested in seeing how JMI Sports works going forward... My hope is that they try new things.

Props to you APC, too, for taking the time to acknowledge FM's unnamed acts of kindness. I've heard too many good things about FM for there not to be truth behind the claims.

Sounds to me like UK Football could do a lot worse than officially making Freddie a part of the promotional team.

The more individuals of integrity with genuine enthusiasm for the the program - the better...

I've never met or talked to Maggard but I remember him as a player. He'd compete all out and was as tough as they come. I always felt he and Bill Ransdell were the toughest, best competitors at QB UK has had in my lifetime. Neither was the most talented but UK always got all they had to offer.

I've never met or talked to Maggard but I remember him as a player. He'd compete all out and was as tough as they come. I always felt he and Bill Ransdell were the toughest, best competitors at QB UK has had in my lifetime. Neither was the most talented but UK always got all they had to offer.

Can't disagree. I'd throw Billy Jack in the mix as well.

I remember the game against North Carolina that ended his career as a quarterback. He was sacked and buried in the turf on his throwing shoulder.

Reactions: adolph rollingover
Or he could replace the one that said he missed the fourth qtr. comeback against Arkansas because he got tired and left at halftime. He rather watch it on TV. Oops! He already gone!! So glad! We need ppl who love all UK sports and who are knowledgeable about football and SUPPORT football. KSR proved how one sided they can be this week. I'm gone from there after this year. Several I know agree.

ADVERTISEMENT