ADVERTISEMENT

Former Vandy player Dai Jon Parker drowns

Tampa_cat54

Senior
Apr 22, 2011
Sad news. Former Vandy basketball player Dai Jon Parker died today at the age of 22.

Reports are saying he drowned while tubing with friends in Indiana.

Prayers sent their way

I was very sorry to hear this about this young man who played for Vandy. Condolences to his family.

I drowned when I was 8 years old at a YMCA. Had to drag me out of the pool, CPR'ed my ass back to life and spent 5 days in the hospital. You can barely , barely take even a tiny breath the first couple days after.
I remember screaming for help and realizing nobody was hearing me and I was screwed. Somebody on a diving board noticed my body under the water luckily or I'd been dead for the last 27 years.

And why was my post deleted? Nothing was offensive or against the terms of service. I will repost it due to mods attempting to silence my valuable input.

Jesus Christ, seems like he was playing for Vandy just last year. Sad to hear.

Life Changing Events Come From Prayer. God hears our prayers even if we feel like God is far away and distant . It is up to us to pray and believe that God will answer our prayers. Scriptures teaches us That God catches every tear that falls from our eye and knows what we will ask for before the words come out of our mouths..

Again in the name of Jesus ,God touch this family as only you can . I Jesus name I pray Amen.

so very sad. what a helpless feeling that must have been. what a terrible loss for his family and friends. like a punch in the gut. a sobering dose of this reality really makes you stop and think. also makes you thank God you're still breathing.

rest in peace young man.

And why was my post deleted? Nothing was offensive or against the terms of service. I will repost it due to mods attempting to silence my valuable input.

Jesus Christ, seems like he was playing for Vandy just last year. Sad to hear.

Mmm prob because it seems u just took the lords name in vane.

So if I say "Santa Claus, that really sucks, he was way too young" it will get deleted because I am using the name of a fictional person in a post?

Gotcha.

Reactions: UK3K
We need to pray for this family, having lost a daughter of mine own at 19 years of age you never get over this as a parent. Praying for this family.

Very sad news. May his family find some comfort in this awful time of loss.

Parker is the second sec basketball player to drown in the last couple of years, korvotney barber of auburn drown in Florida a couple of years ago

PFD would have probably saved his life.

Indy Star says "it's not known yet if alcohol was a factor" which probably means there was alcohol on the pontoon but it's not known how much if any that Parker had in his system.

Parker is the second sec basketball player to drown in the last couple of years, korvotney barber of auburn drown in Florida a couple of years ago

Had forgotten all about that Korvortney Barber drowning. He had been a guy UK was recruiting back then and I remember how many on this board really wanted him at the time. Tragic ending to his life. As for this latest tragedy, I send my prayers along to Parker's family as they must be going through so much sadness right now.

This is a Christian site?

No it's not but it is highly offensive to me. And it doesn't matter if it is a Christian site or not. One thing u never do is take the Lords name in vain.
How come you don't cuss Alah? Afraid of some Muslim?

I saw him, Scott, Royal and Nolte playing for Milton several years back. They were stacked (illegally we later found out) but still fun to watch. I always felt Parker was the best of the four - certainly the most athletic. I hate to hear things like this.

Prayers for the family.

Good to know there are other believers on here willing to witness.

I pray for those on here who are not believers that they see the light.

Reactions: BlueSince92
No it's not but it is highly offensive to me. And it doesn't matter if it is a Christian site or not. One thing u never do is take the Lords name in vain.
How come you don't cuss Alah? Afraid of some Muslim?

When did I do any of that?

As to the topic. It's absolutely horrible and tragic. I'm sure his parents, family and friends are a mess right now. Been there. Not good at all. Prayers for the family.

So if I say "Santa Claus, that really sucks, he was way too young" it will get deleted because I am using the name of a fictional person in a post?

Gotcha.

Some of the most ignorant, uninformed, and completely sophomoric comments to say. get back in philosophy class and learn some new methods.

Last edited:
This is a Christian site?

agnostics are all the same(no such thing as atheist. Not a possible act) If it's not a Christian site, why use code language like saying "JC" in a very provocative way? Non believers have taken the word out of religious context and started using it in awful ways as a means of a " comeback" to who they feel inferior to. Believers.

If you don't like someone running into threads like this to express the real meaning of his name, then I'll also wait on you to demonize the agnostics for bringing his name up in the first place.

To an agnostic, anyone can use the name Jesus Christ for anything negative, just don't use it for what it's intended for in a positive or there's a problem.

Reactions: Blueathletics
It's sad a young man's death is being used for a religious debate.Let's just all agree we wish the best for his family and friends in this difficult time.

ADVERTISEMENT