ADVERTISEMENT

Fly Fishing/ Fishing in general Thread

Have been to Central City a few times, but anymore I just go to Beaver Dam. I got some good holes out there. I'm a wax worm/jig fisherman. All my buddies exclusively use crickets or crawlers but the waxies and jigs slay the panfish at a much higher rate IMO. We usually hit the Ken Lake area. Some fantastic fishing out there. You go to a pit with a lake/pond mindset you'll still catch them, but you gotta adjust for the much deeper water and steep banks. I absolutely love that area. I know it like the back of my hand.
We use to fish the Ken Lake area all the time when I was younger, that was our go to place for Bluegill. We fished the big lake back by the coal loading dock. Our best friend wad a dozer operator for Ken Mines, he would drop us off with our boat, then pick us up when he got off work at midnight. I haven't been back there in years. My best friend fishes the lake that is stocked with trout at Homestead I think it's called. If you ever decide to go to Arkansas I can give you the guides name, best on the river.

We use to fish the Ken Lake area all the time when I was younger, that was our go to place for Bluegill. We fished the big lake back by the coal loading dock. Our best friend wad a dozer operator for Ken Mines, he would drop us off with our boat, then pick us up when he got off work at midnight. I haven't been back there in years. My best friend fishes the lake that is stocked with trout at Homestead I think it's called. If you ever decide to go to Arkansas I can give you the guides name, best on the river.
I'd like to have fished all those pits when I was a kid but I wasn't into fishing then. Even years before that I heard stories if the size of some of the gills being pulled out of there. I believe the state record gill came out of a pit but I'm not sure where off the top of my head.

I'd like to have fished all those pits when I was a kid but I wasn't into fishing then. Even years before that I heard stories if the size of some of the gills being pulled out of there. I believe the state record gill came out of a pit but I'm not sure where off the top of my head.
4.19lbs caught in strip pit in Hopkins Co.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT