ADVERTISEMENT

Flat bill caps

I wear flatbills when I am playing softball or something but I always curve the bill a little to make it look more natural and not completely flat. I dont buy hats to keep them pretty.

How can a hat bring out this much vitriol? Just makes you wonder..
makes you wonder about what? Different tastes? hell, there is no accounting for that. I think capri pants are dumber than shat. I also dislike the current collar fad in mens shirts, skinny lapels, skinny ties, cumberbuns, womens flat dress shoes, hairy vajayjays, knit socks, french cuffs, and a host of other personal style things.

I remember years ago there was this thread and multiple people actually thought 5950's were made to be worn flat. They said that's why the bill was so big lol.

Forming and fitting your hat to your noggin is truly a lost art. Like breaking in your glove. 5950s don't even get good till at least one year of heavy usage. Those puppies are built to last.

Tags on the hat, have thankfully, gone out of style. It was a statement saying "Yeah I just bought this, It's fresh, money means nothing"

But the flat-brimmed hats are still popular. Fitted hats, essentially. And depends on the hat. I have a ton of Kentucky hats and almost all of them have a curved brim. Yet all of my ski baseball style hats are flat. Just how the style works. And honestly, my head is so damn lopsided that the backwards flat-brimmed style looks best.

New flash: all hats are flat brimmed, buddy. That's how they're made. You can get pre-curved or you can curve your own.

Gd this is not a complicated subject. If you wear it flat, it will not fit your head correctly, and you'll have slack up by your ears because as you curve the bill it shapes the hat to your head. Gd you people.

Flat bill cap annoys much?

justin-bieber-miami-heat.jpg

Notice how it doesn't fit his head at all. If he had a daddy to show him how to curve his hat properly, then that size would be way too big anyway. Hat should leave enough room to squeeze a thumb in. That will allow for curvature and shrinkage from sun/sweat.

Which is worse, a flat bill or the old redneck triangle creased bill?

Flat because it clearly shows you are not talented enough to wear a hat on your head. At least old redneck tried.

In my day, it was the super curved bill. Very good for blocking the sun.

Notice how it doesn't fit his head at all. If he had a daddy to show him how to curve his hat properly, then that size would be way too big anyway. Hat should leave enough room to squeeze a thumb in. That will allow for curvature and shrinkage from sun/sweat.
The not fitting the head is part of the look they are going for. I hate the word should. I'm betting you're not a fan of post modern literature or post modern film either.

The not fitting the head is part of the look they are going for. I hate the word should. I'm betting you're not a fan of post modern literature or post modern film either.

You hate the word "should"? so you are against any kind of established norms or traditions? I guess what you asked him about postmodernism gives me that answer.

The funny thing about it is that heteronormativity is now considered odd and out of place in this society. I guess I'll just be part of the avant-guarde minority who curves the bills on my ball caps.

The funny thing about it is that heteronormativity is now considered odd and out of place in this society. I guess I'll just be part of the avant-guarde minority who curves the bills on my ball caps.
Yeah it's considered odd and out of place. That's why homosexuality is still punishable by death in 10 countries and and illegal in 78 others. Yeah it's completely the norm now.

Probably my fav genre. Did not dig inception, tho.

This is not an opinion. Hats are a functional headpiece, not some sort of prop. You should be ashamed for not knowing hats. Very simple concept.

Yeah it's considered odd and out of place. That's why homosexuality is still punishable by death in 10 countries and and illegal in 78 others. Yeah it's completely the norm now.
In your zest to reply to my post you missed the part where I specified "in this society". I don't consider the countries you mention part of this society.

Grown men wearing hats of any kind if they aren't playing a sport look ridiculous. Baseball caps shouldn't be in any way a wardrobe accessory yet men even wear those things out to dinner.

Grown men wearing hats of any kind if they aren't playing a sport look ridiculous. Baseball caps shouldn't be in any way a wardrobe accessory yet men even wear those things out to dinner.

Baseball caps have been accessories for men for decades. That said, if I go out to eat I leave mine at home or take it off when seated.

Coming from a fan of a program known for flatbills and linebeards.

Probably my fav genre. Did not dig inception, tho.

This is not an opinion. Hats are a functional headpiece, not some sort of prop. You should be ashamed for not knowing hats. Very simple concept.
It's a hat. Wear it however you want. The way you wear your hat is really no more "ridiculous" than a flat bill. To Nerlen's Noel a curved bill and distressed hat probably looks unappealing. It's all in the perspective. And none of them are absolutely true.

People still care about wearing a hat to the dinner table? If I'm in a restaurant where Jeans and sneakers are acceptable (the attire you see most paired with baseball hat) you don't need to take the hat off. The REAL problem is being at some nicer restaurants wearing casual/street clothes.

It's a hat. Wear it however you want. The way you wear your hat is really no more "ridiculous" than a flat bill. To Nerlen's Noel a curved bill and distressed hat probably looks unappealing. It's all in the perspective. And none of them are absolutely true.

Of course a distressed hat looks unappealing. Get a fresh one and start breaking it in while you relegate distressed hat to yard work duty, or workout hat.

I have no idea what you're talking about. It's as if you still don't understand all baseball style caps are made to be worn with some degree of curve to the bill. Heads are not a perfect circle. If you do not curve the hat, it will remain in a circle.

Kind of like how jeans are not meant to be worn below your buttocks. Sure, you can do that, but it will not fit, and it won't be comfortable.

Of course a distressed hat looks unappealing. Get a fresh one and start breaking it in while you relegate distressed hat to yard work duty, or workout hat.

I have no idea what you're talking about. It's as if you still don't understand all baseball style caps are made to be worn with some degree of curve to the bill. Heads are not a perfect circle. If you do not curve the hat, it will remain in a circle.

Kind of like how jeans are not meant to be worn below your buttocks. Sure, you can do that, but it will not fit, and it won't be comfortable.
I understand what you are saying. You are understanding me. Pants, hat, shorts are all made with a certain intent. Yes. I get that. But that doesn't mean one has to adhere to that. That's how new styles are born. If we had to stick with the way something should be done or is supposed to be done, we wouldn't get a Picasso, a Warhol, a Pynchon, a Burroughs, a Godard, a Lynch, etc. If you don't like the look or style that's fine. But you are arguing that a hat is supposed to be worn a certain way and that is not true.

Last edited:
makes you wonder about what? Different tastes? hell, there is no accounting for that. I think capri pants are dumber than shat. I also dislike the current collar fad in mens shirts, skinny lapels, skinny ties, cumberbuns, womens flat dress shoes, hairy vajayjays, knit socks, french cuffs, and a host of other personal style things.
You forgot the designated hitter in your rant Crash.

KFC is now putting a flat bill attachment on their buckets. UL edition. EBT accepted.

False and falser.

Pick up a hat. Study the anatomy of it.

If someone wanted to make it a new style, then they would make the band oblong and keep the flat bill so it sat comfortably on the head. You don't know what that means because you haven't studied hat science.

Art is what you put on the hat, btw. Learn art.

Reactions: 420grover
ADVERTISEMENT