ADVERTISEMENT

Flat bill caps

Stonewall12

All-American
Gold Member
Nov 15, 2009
MLB seems like all the teams have switched.

Even college HS and I went to a middle school game tonight and they all had flat billed caps on. I can't stand them personally. You go into a HatWorld at the mall and you can not find a bent cap anymore. My question is.. Why?

Hat styles come and go. The flat billed hat looks stupid, but I'm sure the way we wore hats back in high school seemed dumb to my dad.

That said, if you leave the gold tag on your hat, you're a freaking idiot.

I think the super flat bill caps look ridiculous, as do the super curved caps.

My favorite cap is probably a broken in 5950 with a slightly curved bill (bend is better term) in the middle.

Baseball players who actually wear flat bills in the field are stupid because the flat bill doesn't serve the purpose of keeping the sun out of their eyes on their left and right.

If you have longer hair, the small caps with bent bills look horrible.

Other than the sticker left on it, I think it depends on who's wearing the cap in order to properly judge it. Skaters and surfers probably wear it best. The hillbilly probably not as much.

HATE flat bills. Look absolutely stupid. And if we are talking baseball in general, I hate the pants pulled all the way now. Should be up, showing the socks.

Reactions: Stonewall12
HATE flat bills. Look absolutely stupid. And if we are talking baseball in general, I hate the pants pulled all the way now. Should be up, showing the socks.

Pants up showing the socks? MLB scouts and college coaches hate that. It makes players look shorter.

I like the socks showing too. I hate the saggy pants pulled down. It looks sloppy.

Flat bill cap annoys much?

justin-bieber-miami-heat.jpg

Pull your pants up a little higher so those colored socks show above your white New Balance diabeetus shoes.

My "go-to", 3 year old Nike golf UK hat has a curved bill. Wear that bad boy most of the time. But, I'm coaching my sons tee-ball team, and they all got the "authentic" style flatbills, so I got one too. Mostly just wear it at the games, but personally I don't think it's a horrible look. As long as it is the actual "on field" type and doesn't have a bunch of horrible graphics and stickers, that is. Thinking about getting one of the UK baseball caps. Won't replace my go-to, but won't hurt anything, imo.

Tags on the hat, have thankfully, gone out of style. It was a statement saying "Yeah I just bought this, It's fresh, money means nothing"

But the flat-brimmed hats are still popular. Fitted hats, essentially. And depends on the hat. I have a ton of Kentucky hats and almost all of them have a curved brim. Yet all of my ski baseball style hats are flat. Just how the style works. And honestly, my head is so damn lopsided that the backwards flat-brimmed style looks best.

Don't care..ppl can wear it how ever they want...it's their head. Hats are fashion to some, just as wearing watches are now basically just fashion...everyone has a phone with time, who needs a watch?

As far as pants in baseball...people have been wearing them down for some time now. I think it makes them look like circus clowns pulled up. People don't wear stirrups in baseball anymore either, bc what the hell were those for?

Ahh yes the trend setters. Sometimes these can be cool till the trickle down effect to douschebags like Justin bieber are doing it, then it's just stupid. Being original I give credit for but then you have the copycats. Exhibit A: nerlens Noel high top fan. Enter iman shumpert and Norris cole. Exhibit B: the chick that shaves the side of her hair(you know who I'm talking about Devon? Demi? Don't care?) now girls try and do the same thing it looks retarded. Exhibit C: jalen rose and the baggy shorts, that one trend I think we can all appreciate

Ahh yes the trend setters. Sometimes these can be cool till the trickle down effect to douschebags like Justin bieber are doing it, then it's just stupid. Being original I give credit for but then you have the copycats. Exhibit A: nerlens Noel high top fan. Enter iman shumpert and Norris cole. Exhibit B: the chick that shaves the side of her hair(you know who I'm talking about Devon? Demi? Don't care?) now girls try and do the same thing it looks retarded. Exhibit C: jalen rose and the baggy shorts, that one trend I think we can all appreciate
The guy above you probably wishes the fab 5 never existed.

Actually, I loved the Fab 5. I'm fine with baggy, I said sagging. You didn't see Jalen's boxers.

As others have said, the flat-bill doesn't always work. I think it looks okay on some people, but not on others. I'd be screwed if I were 18 right now because the flat bill always looked bad on me.

Don't care..ppl can wear it how ever they want...it's their head. Hats are fashion to some, just as wearing watches are now basically just fashion...everyone has a phone with time, who needs a watch?

As far as pants in baseball...people have been wearing them down for some time now. I think it makes them look like circus clowns pulled up. People don't wear stirrups in baseball anymore either, bc what the hell were those for?
Watches certainly have a fashion element to them, however, I would disagree that they are just fashion now. Phones are a terrible watch. I wear a watch and it has very little to do with fashion.

I agree that people can wear whatever they want, however, that doesn't mean it looks good. In my opinion flat billed caps look horrible.

ADVERTISEMENT