ADVERTISEMENT

Filthy Cards get Damion Lee

Sep 26, 2011
Any good? How many schools were in on him? Don't know a whole lot other than he averaged 21 a game for Drexel.

Hard to belive the kid is all that..if he were he would be going to the Draft. But im sure we will hear he is the best ever, at something, that rp has recruited.

Louisville will have a pretty decent backcourt next year, but don't see much in the frontcourt. Probably a 5-6 seed.

Go check his game logs against P5 teams over the course of his career.

That's why I don't care about this at all. He'll fit right in at UL.

No idea about this kid, but it is striking that Louisville is in a position, two years after a title, of having to scurry around finding senior transfers to field a team. I'm sure this is being celebrated on their boards. Reminds me of the Tubby/BCG years, when we'd celebrate - and defend - getting the #39 ranked kid, or some 8th grader. Of course, the reason they are in this position is having some good kids transfer out.....

UK: Succeed and Proceed
UofL: Fail and Bail

heh

Reactions: dmaso44
-Who-Animated-gif-arrested-development-9659488-432-240.gif

This is what I remember being said about him earlier when people on here were talking about him as a possible pick up by UK. He seems to disappear against higher level talent while doing great when playing against lower level conference teams. Doesn't mean he will be a dud at UL against ACC competition but it might be a concern playing against those power teams. We'll see how it goes for him this year to see if they got a good addition of not. Probably not a bad move taking a chance on the kid.

Pitino runs his team like an NBA roster, running off players to make room for immediately eligible Div I transfers.

A look at ALL of Drexel's wins last season:

#376 Southern Miss
#354 Col Charleston (x2)
#351 Towson (x2)
#273 Elon
#271 Delaware
#238 Cornell
#191 UNC Wilmington
#143 William & Mary
#105 Northeastern

Can't blame UofL for being excited. They just got the best player from the best team ranked #280 and below.

e60.gif

Reactions: Brando Mac
It's analogous to the NBA. Release/waive a player and pick up a free agent.
Yeah, but who's Pitino running off? I would say given the choice between Lee and Rozier he's taking Rozier. All this add does is give Pitino an extra body. It doesn't make them better but it doesn't hurt them either.

Kind of hypocritical posts where UL is being put down for this recruit and at the same time we are about to sign a Juco player (and we know that is because we missed on some targeted recruits). I am not saying he won't be great or UL's will be, but bad timing with some of these responses.

Hard to belive the kid is all that..if he were he would be going to the Draft. But im sure we will hear he is the best ever, at something, that rp has recruited.
Well you know RP will coach him up and add him to his long, prestigious, list of 1st round NBA Draft picks. ;)

I'll admit I know nothing of the kid but I'd be careful to toss him to the wolves because of his performance agains better competition. Typically when you play a team you want to contain their best player and the D is designed around that.
So if you play a superior talented team they are going to be shitting down the best player and if he is the best by far then their gonna have 1.5-2 guys on him. Make the other lesser talented guys beat you.

Is Drexel better than the school where Mulder is coming from?
Didn't you start a thread claiming if UofL landed Mulder they were Final 4 contenders. Now, it looks like we land him and you think he is "meh". I realize you are a Pitino nut hugger and you want your 15 seconds but do you have to be a glutton

These threads make me laugh. I remember BBN making the same comments/threads out Cal when as at Memphis.

No one takes you all serious anymore.

And the reason Cards fans get excited about Lee is, we have Coach Rick Pitino. A coach that has proven he can build talent and turn good players into great players. You see, Rick is what you call an elite coach. He's able to take mediocre teams on deep tournament runs and/or Championships wins. He doesn't need consecutive #1 recruiting classes and multiple MAA's to succeed.

Deep down, BBN knows Cal must load up with all the best talent to have a chance. That's why you guys are buggin' out about having the third best recruiting class in the nation.

Reactions: Vic Von Erich
These threads make me laugh. I remember BBN making the same comments/threads out Cal when as at Memphis.

No one takes you all serious anymore.

And the reason Cards fans get excited about Lee is, we have Coach Rick Pitino. A coach that has proven he can build talent and turn good players into great players. You see, Rick is what you call an elite coach. He's able to take mediocre teams on deep tournament runs and/or Championships wins. He doesn't need consecutive #1 recruiting classes and multiple MAA's to succeed.

Deep down, BBN knows Cal must load up with all the best talent to have a chance. That's why you guys are buggin' out about having the third best recruiting class in the nation.
We sure don't take any dirty bird serious and your coach did not have trouble getting good player when he coached at Kentucky Only since he coaches at a city collage does he have trouble getting top players

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT