ADVERTISEMENT

Ferrell to return to iu

mdlUK.1

All-American
Dec 23, 2002
Looks like clappy was able to convince yogi ferrell to return to iu. Can't see why he or Blackmon would return.

Maybe Cal needs to try to get some of our guys to return.

They might actually be pretty good next season.Yogi and Blackmon are a solid backcourt and I really like Thomas Bryant.I wish Cal hadn't backed off him because I think he will be pretty good.

I wish Booker would return, but it's purely his decision. He won't play in the league next year, but he will take in an NBA top 25 pick paycheck and develop on the NBADL level until he's more physical.

I think when it's all said and done, Booker gets selected in the mid 20s. He's simply not physical enough to defend on the NBA level. Wisconsin totally exposed the young man. Booker will see that every single game on the next level.

Looks like clappy was able to convince yogi ferrell to return to iu. Can't see why he or Blackmon would return.

Maybe Cal needs to try to get some of our guys to return.

I don't think the clapper has to talk them into coming back. He just gets scouting reports from the NBA every year saying they need to improve on defense and he has them for 4 years since they never improve.

They might actually be pretty good next season.Yogi and Blackmon are a solid backcourt and I really like Thomas Bryant.I wish Cal hadn't backed off him because I think he will be pretty good.

The best player and best NBA prospect they have is Troy Williams, Idk why Ferrell or Blackmon would have been more likely to leave than him.

Reactions: HoosierfanJM
I didn't think Cream would let him go. Talked Zeller into returning and looks like he did the same with Yogi. I think they will actually be pretty good next year, especially landing Bryant.

Probably made the right choice. Yogi's a helluva player, but he looks like he's only about 5'10" or so in real life, a fact the NBA combine surely would've revealed. Doubt many NBA teams would be too eager to draft a player his size.

Reactions: DY9ASTY
I wish Booker would return, but it's purely his decision. He won't play in the league next year, but he will take in an NBA top 25 pick paycheck and develop on the NBADL level until he's more physical.

I think when it's all said and done, Booker gets selected in the mid 20s. He's simply not physical enough to defend on the NBA level. Wisconsin totally exposed the young man. Booker will see that every single game on the next level.
Not trying to be that guy, buts it's the NBDL not NBADL. Just thought I would tell ya before someone trashed ya. You know how this board can be!

Indiana will always be less than the sum of its parts because of its terrible coach. This team will be essentially the same as the team two years ago, subtracting Noah Vonleh and Will Sheehey and adding Blackmon and Thomas Bryant. Vonleh was a better player, overall, but Crean got very little out of him. Sheehey and Blackmon are different players, but at least Sheehey played some defense and could rebound.

Last year, without an interior player, was a team constructed more to Clappy's style, built around running and gunning. It ended up a 10th seed and a quick out of the tournament.

I'd say the ceiling next year, barring a new coach, is a 4-5 seed and a Sweet 16 if all breaks well. Of course, that's a multi-banner result in Hoosierland.
Not sure how good Bryant will be compared to Vonleh (probably quite a bit better defensively, but very likely not as good offensively) but the rest of IU's lineup will be significantly better than two years ago. Williams and Ferrell were also starters back then, and they are now completely different players. The other starting guard then was a freshman Stan Robinson, who was not prepared to start for most mid-majors, and the bench stunk. This year's bench will include two players who are juniors and started most of the season on a tournament team.

Expecting the version of IU from two years ago would be like an IU fan expecting Ulis, Briscoe, and Skal to perform like the UK team led by Harrow. Wishful thinking that a rival will fall on hard times, but it's just not going to happen.

Not sure how good Bryant will be compared to Vonleh (probably quite a bit better defensively, but very likely not as good offensively) but the rest of IU's lineup will be significantly better than two years ago. Williams and Ferrell were also starters back then, and they are now completely different players. The other starting guard then was a freshman Stan Robinson, who was not prepared to start for most mid-majors, and the bench stunk. This year's bench will include two players who are juniors and started most of the season on a tournament team.

Expecting the version of IU from two years ago would be like an IU fan expecting Ulis, Briscoe, and Skal to perform like the UK team led by Harrow. Wishful thinking that a rival will fall on hard times, but it's just not going to happen.
Candy Striped Clowns will be in the Big Ten Basement..nothing changes under Clappy .

Rival? No offense, but the Reagan Administration was a long time ago. Kentucky has won about 80 percent of the match-ups since 1991, and has had a long string of Elite Eights, FInal Fours and three Championships since then. I'll admit to enjoying watching Clappy's antics, but I haven't considered Indiana a rival for a couple decades or more.

You may disagree with him using the term rivals but he's right about this being a very different team than 2 years ago. The team 2 years ago had yogi and sheehey as shooters, thats it. Williams was raw, vonleh was a solid rebounder but it was hard to feed the post with a collapsed defense daring your 25% fg shooters to shoot a jump shot. Next years team will have 5 shooters, everyone better than sheehey. Still have crean as coach so we'll see what happens.

Why did he hold a PC? It's not like anyone outside of Indiana cared what he did and many inside Indiana don't care anymore.

The 2 players I was hoping would return for us next year was Booker and Lyles. Booker had dropped some during the last 2 weeks when he went on that shooting slump. They were both near the 20's pick in the draft and if they come back like TJones did when he was near the 20-25 pick and wanted to improve his next year to improve and become a Lottery Pick. I thought both Booker and Lyles could have came back and improved there draft pick and moved up to be a Lottery Pick in 2016 Draft.

Not trying to be that guy, buts it's the NBDL not NBADL. Just thought I would tell ya before someone trashed ya. You know how this board can be!
Not trying to be "that guy", but you are mistaken. The organization was known as the "National Basketball Developmental League" until 2005. The name was change in 2005 to, and now is, the "NBA Developmental League." Just FYI.

Of course, it doesn't matter to me. I'm not the one to whom you owe an apology for wrongfully correcting his/her post.

Next season will be big for Crean. The Hoosiers will be talented. If Indiana doesn't compete for a conference championship and make a deep March run next season, then it is never going to happen for the Hoosiers under Crean. He has the talent to make it happen, but if he doesn't win big, Indiana should just take the financial beating of paying Crean's monster buyout.

Booker's going to be a top 20 pick, maybe even top 15. He's a 6-6 shooting guard, who are a dime a dozen in the NBA. He has to take his shot when he gets it. There's no way he'd ever be better than a top 15 pick in my opinion since he isn't really relied upon to be a ball handler as well as a scorer, so whats the incentive to return?

I'd love for Booker to return, but it's for purely selfish reasons. If he's going to get drafted that high, then he needs to go, period.

3046096.gif

Not trying to be "that guy", but you are mistaken. The organization was known as the "National Basketball Developmental League" until 2005. The name was change in 2005 to, and now is, the "NBA Developmental League." Just FYI.

Of course, it doesn't matter to me. I'm not the one to whom you owe an apology for wrongfully correcting his/her post.
Now I feel like a idiot!! Thanks for correcting me. I was watching it on tv the other day and it still was referred to as NBDL. My mistake!

Booker's going to be a top 20 pick, maybe even top 15. He's a 6-6 shooting guard, who are a dime a dozen in the NBA. He has to take his shot when he gets it. There's no way he'd ever be better than a top 15 pick in my opinion since he isn't really relied upon to be a ball handler as well as a scorer, so whats the incentive to return?

I'd love for Booker to return, but it's for purely selfish reasons. If he's going to get drafted that high, then he needs to go, period.
Many on here thought JBJ was better than Booker, I did as well. The season played out and Booker was clearly the better player. Booker even had to prove himself with established guards.
You could say coaching (easy enough with CTC), but I think Booker just needed to showcase his talents.

Many on here thought JBJ was better than Booker, I did as well. The season played out and Booker was clearly the better player. Booker even had to prove himself with established guards.
You could say coaching (easy enough with CTC), but I think Booker just needed to showcase his talents.
Booker had bigs to bail him out but he could play defense. JBJ had no bigs to bail him out and looks like defense is optional for him. Both can shoot but JBJ shot any time he got the ball. Booker moved and people got him the ball in spots where he could score.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT