ADVERTISEMENT

Excited about Kentucky football

screwduke

Junior
Mar 23, 2015
Seeing the new field design just has me pumped for the new season! Can't wait!

I have been getting excited for 50 yrs about the start of UK football. I just like to watch it, regardless of what kind of team we have.

Reactions: Brock28
Always look forward for the season to start with tailgating and opening game. But this year is special because all of the renovations and to see how it all looks. Place should be packed and everyone eager to see it as well.
Also, team should be more improved and exciting to watch too. Be a very exciting day. :)

Reactions: Brock28
Always look forward for the season to start with tailgating and opening game. But this year is special because all of the renovations and to see how it all looks. Place should be packed and everyone eager to see it as well.
Also, team should be more improved and exciting to watch too. Be a very exciting day. :)

X2

Really excited to see the rFr. And So. How they have used the extra yr in growth an development. Could be a nice yr for UK football.

I am excited as well and fully support all of the new improvements. Hate to say anything negative but the facts are tailgating was a real challenge last year with the change in parking lots for our group. Two were disasters as cell phone reception is spotty around the stadium and people coming from other new lots had trouble finding us . Also a tent stolen. My guess is it will be even worse this year with 1800 or so prime blue lot spaces disappearing.

Does anyone know if we will be permitted to put tents up on the new green space that is being constructed? Again, not trying to be a downer . I support all of the changes and look forward to my new 50 yard line seats that are four rows closer than my old ones. I'm happy and can't wait for the season and Stoops Troops version 3.

However rightly or wrongly I suspect that the tailgate culture is far down the list of priorities of the AD. I suspect he would rather have people drinking inside the luxury boxes and stadium clubs starting a new tradition than accommodating those of us who have tailgated for forty years. Again , not trying to be a downer . Just a realist and trying to figure out the best way to tailgate since I opted out of the stadium club.

I am glad others bought luxury boxes and stadium club seats. Great well needed revenue generator for UK.

I just like the socialization of tailgating, actually watching the games outside rather than socializing during them, and prefer giving to certain academic areas or our University where I can control how my money is spent. Different strokes etc.

GBB!!

Lou

I am excited as well and fully support all of the new improvements. Hate to say anything negative but the facts are tailgating was a real challenge last year with the change in parking lots for our group. Two were disasters as cell phone reception is spotty around the stadium and people coming from other new lots had trouble finding us . Also a tent stolen. My guess is it will be even worse this year with 1800 or so prime blue lot spaces disappearing.

Does anyone know if we will be permitted to put tents up on the new green space that is being constructed? Again, not trying to be a downer . I support all of the changes and look forward to my new 50 yard line seats that are four rows closer than my old ones. I'm happy and can't wait for the season and Stoops Troops version 3.

However rightly or wrongly I suspect that the tailgate culture is far down the list of priorities of the AD. I suspect he would rather have people drinking inside the luxury boxes and stadium clubs starting a new tradition than accommodating those of us who have tailgated for forty years. Again , not trying to be a downer . Just a realist and trying to figure out the best way to tailgate since I opted out of the stadium club.

I am glad others bought luxury boxes and stadium club seats. Great well needed revenue generator for UK.

I just like the socialization of tailgating, actually watching the games outside rather than socializing during them, and prefer giving to certain academic areas or our University where I can control how my money is spent. Different strokes etc.

GBB!!

Lou

And those two examples can be laid at the feet of the AD how? Seems like a little axe grinding to me. The parking will be a challenge again this year but that's the price to be paid for the improvements to be made. The parking situation probably won't settle down until the 2017 or '18 season when folks have had the chance to make their adjustments and get used to them. You can't make an omelet without breaking some eggs.

And those two examples can be laid at the feet of the AD how? Seems like a little axe grinding to me. The parking will be a challenge again this year but that's the price to be paid for the improvements to be made. The parking situation probably won't settle down until the 2017 or '18 season when folks have had the chance to make their adjustments and get used to them. You can't make an omelet without breaking some eggs.
You asked about he AD. I think he has done an overall good job. However,
The confusion could have been avoided last year by allowing loyal fans who had been in a parking area for years to keep that area rather than going to a pay to play system . I get it.

You just want me to shut up and pay my money. I get that .

Again I am pleased with the renovations but also feel that I have a right to constructive criticism .A lot of us have a history of tailgating and that should be respected and made easier and not be encouraged to be phased out as is being done with RV's and is being made much more difficult for tailgaters under the current plan . Why not do both. Have progress but not unnecessarily mhurt those who have kept a losing program in the green for the last forty years.

Peace

LOU

ADVERTISEMENT