ADVERTISEMENT

Every UK player that leaves early for the pros have...

Just got the news today after hearing a week old Calipari interview.

You have to forgive me, I'm not in the states.

If true, this should get a lot more exposure. A resume when you graduate from college that includes 'played in the NBA' would guarantee an interview for any job.

I think it's common but could be wrong, I believe UK has had a tuition fund for a while to help former athletes complete degrees or even get master's degree.

Now I think that's for any athlete in any sport and it's a fund, so it's spread out across a lot of people and doesn't promise you get 100% paid..specific to basketball if there is a guarantee that every player has 100% free tuition, that's taking it a step further.

As a sidebar to this in regards to players leaving early. We talk all the time about getting enough money to fund a new basketball arena. What if all our guys that leave early and do well or even graduates that go on to have good NBA careers, what if each of them donated 1 million dollars to new arena project. That thing would get built. Thoughts?

As a sidebar to this in regards to players leaving early. We talk all the time about getting enough money to fund a new basketball arena. What if all our guys that leave early and do well or even graduates that go on to have good NBA careers, what if each of them donated 1 million dollars to new arena project. That thing would get built. Thoughts?

No. We would have to have 2-300 players in the NBA giving $1M a piece to build a new arena.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT