ADVERTISEMENT

Espnu Tonight: Lots of UK Recruits in 7pm and 9pm Adidas Nations Games

Smashcat

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 13, 2012
Very interesting that we get to see both Smith and Fultz on the same team vs. Alkins and Simmons on the other team in the final game. Btw Jaylen Hands is the 2017 PG UK is now showing interest in.

3rd place game at 7pm edt
Team Lillard (Jaylen Hands, Trent Jr, Xavier Tillman, all three 2017) vs. Team Africa (Wenyen Gabriel)

Championship game at 9pm edt
Team Wall (Smith Jr., Markelle Fultz, Azubuike) vs. Team Rose (Bam, Jarrett Allen, Kobi Simmons, Alkins)

Last edited:
Reactions: will1976
Apparently Alkins has been tearing it up this weekend - think he will rise even more in the rankings. Both he and Bridges are ranked too low by most.

Apparently Alkins has been tearing it up this weekend - think he will rise even more in the rankings. Both he and Bridges are ranked too low by most.
Kobi Simmons had a big game last night after some struggles with offense recently. Hoping to see another big game from him tonight.

So, Azubuike is favored to Florida State? Do we really not have a chance with him?

I respect the guys who actually watch all these kids on a consistent basis, but I'll be damned if I see much difference between Tyreke Evans at 18 and Rawle Alkins at the same age. Evan's class was weak, Alkin's class looks to be strong, but still- it feels like people missed the boat.

2016 has some spectacular athletes, especially with the wing guys, and Alkins looks to be right up there with anyone short of Josh Jackson.

but I'll be damned if I see much difference between Tyreke Evans at 18 and Rawle Alkins at the same age

That comparison pops up a lot.

they just interviewed alkins and he said the funniest thing that has happened this aau season was when they pranked a teammate telling him they got an offer from UK/Cal.

shows you how bad these kids want an offer to UK
I like it.

Heh, Team Wall vs Team Rose. Can't hurt that they play on the teams of two Calipari point guards/top draft picks.

Fultz seems like a complete, smart player.

Simmons' athleticism is far beyond any mixtape. Would definitely fit in Cals system but might be a lil raw.

Fultz seems like a complete, smart player.

Simmons' athleticism is far beyond any mixtape. Would definitely fit in Cals system but might be a lil raw.

Yeah anybody who is disappointed if we get Simmons is a total idiot . He is legit but I do think Fox might be better but Trust in Cal as they say . Forgot Alkins was in this as well. He has a Bogans type body .

Nothing shocking so far . Simmons is ultra talented but needs to learn how to play pg and Fultz is going to be amazing . the rest i could care less about as they won't end up in blue .

Solid chance we end up with Alkins. If we do, we could definitely run a 4 guard lineup.

Alkins is a grown ass man.
Fultz looks like a right handed D'angelo Russell. After watching this game I can safely say I want him more than any player in this class.
Or call it monk 1a and Fultz 1b.

I have said it for a while now, give me Alkins over every other 2 guard in this class.

Is this asking to much...
My wish list is

Fultz
Monk
Alkins
Bridges
Giles

Alkins is a baller, glad he is going to madness.

Simmons is s PG version of Archie... Like the guy above said. No thanks... Just one game but on the surface that is who he reminds me off.

Fultz is versatile and could become a spider on defense.

Azubuike must hate playing in games like this. Never even gets to feel what the ball feels like.

Alkins, like Bridges, is a guy who becomes unguardable when he shoots it like that. And Monk almost always shoots it like that, so having two or three of them on the same team would be unbelievable.

The more I see these guys, the sadder I am that there's just no way we can land them all. Some player I really really like is going to go play elsewhere. In a dream world:

Fox
Monk
Fultz/Alkins
Bridges
SKJ
and Ayton if he reclassifies. Plus maybe a push for Gabriel if he doesn't.

We'd need to lose Skal, Murray, Briscoe, Ulis, Poythress, and Lee for that to happen, but that doesn't feel unrealistic either.

Alkins, like Bridges, is a guy who becomes unguardable when he shoots it like that. And Monk almost always shoots it like that, so having two or three of them on the same team would be unbelievable.

The more I see these guys, the sadder I am that there's just no way we can land them all. Some player I really really like is going to go play elsewhere. In a dream world:

Fox
Monk
Fultz/Alkins
Bridges
SKJ
and Ayton if he reclassifies. Plus maybe a push for Gabriel if he doesn't

We'd need to lose Skal, Murray, Briscoe, Ulis, Poythress, and Lee for that to happen, but that doesn't feel unrealistic either.

I would take that line up everyday & twice on Sunday !

ADVERTISEMENT