ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN Reporting Lakers Have Contacted Rondo

Just what the Lakers need, another washed up player with an attitude...

As a Lakers' fan at this point...I'll take it. I don't really see why they want him when they drafted Russell though, and not that the Lakers have a shot in hell with Westbrook in later off-seasons but really? I don't get this for the long term.

I doubt Rondo will sign a long term deal. His rep is tarnished, to say the least.

His stock is damaged. He's looking at one year deal.

I suppose I'd be fine with that. The Lakers are not going anywhere this coming year anyways. They have no front court players of any substance. Jordan Hill will probably say screw you to them after they declined his option lol

He's not good enough to be such a pain in the @ss, IMO.

I'd say Paul Pierce, Ray Allen and KG would beg to differ. Without RR they wouldn't have won a Title in '08. He's the king of the triple-double and at maybe 6' in the NBA, that's a major accomplishment.
Rondo does well when there are other stars to feed to. He won't carry any team for a whole season but, he can be the engine that pushes it along.

I'd say Paul Pierce, Ray Allen and KG would beg to differ. Without RR they wouldn't have won a Title in '08. He's the king of the triple-double and at maybe 6' in the NBA, that's a major accomplishment.
Rondo does well when there are other stars to feed to. He won't carry any team for a whole season but, he can be the engine that pushes it along.
isnt he life 6'4

I think one's opinion of Rondo can be very revealing of one's own basketball knowledge. To me those that don't like him can only understand him, and basketball for that matter, at the surface level. I love Rondo. He's one of my favorite players. This is a guy that is truly a fierce competitor and not worried about how "cool" he looks etc etc. When he is in the game and in the moment he is a win at all cost kind of guy and I absolutely love that about him and think that its truly rare. I think a lot of guys want to think they are that way, and even "act" like they are that way, especially when the camera's are on them (LBJ), but Rondo truly lives it.

I loved it when the Celtics were playing Lebron in the ECF a few years back and towards the end of the game Rondo got switched off to guard Lebron at the top of the key and basically said "lets go".

Look up him flying into Chris Humphries to back up Garnett sometime on youtube. They don't make players like Rondo anymore. If you want to hear it from someone who actually knows and understands, go see how Garnett feels about Rondo as a player and competitor. Garnett is the last of a dying breed as well. Rondo is a guy that will lay it all on the line and I hope he gets with a team that will allow him to enjoy some success.

I think one's opinion of Rondo can be very revealing of one's own basketball knowledge. To me those that don't like him can only understand him, and basketball for that matter, at the surface level. I love Rondo. He's one of my favorite players. This is a guy that is truly a fierce competitor and not worried about how "cool" he looks etc etc. When he is in the game and in the moment he is a win at all cost kind of guy and I absolutely love that about him and think that its truly rare. I think a lot of guys want to think they are that way, and even "act" like they are that way, especially when the camera's are on them (LBJ), but Rondo truly lives it.

I loved it when the Celtics were playing Lebron in the ECF a few years back and towards the end of the game Rondo got switched off to guard Lebron at the top of the key and basically said "lets go".

Look up him flying into Chris Humphries to back up Garnett sometime on youtube. They don't make players like Rondo anymore. If you want to hear it from someone who actually knows and understands, go see how Garnett feels about Rondo as a player and competitor. Garnett is the last of a dying breed as well. Rondo is a guy that will lay it all on the line and I hope he gets with a team that will allow him to enjoy some success.

^^^THIS is exactly how I feel about RR.
Guys who have played competitively LOVE players like Rondo and KG. They go to war on the court and leave everything else behind. They want to win at all costs. You want to play with guys like that. Remember when KG made Big Baby Davis literally cry on the bench? That's the alpha-dog telling the pup "get your shyt straight, you're playing with men now!". He wouldn't put up with softness or mediocrity.
Remember, these are elite level athletes in the NBA. No better anywhere else. You either bring it all or you'll get run over. That seems to me is how RR plays and just won't suffer an idiot. Plus, he's a freaking basketball savant...always thinking several plays ahead. The guy is just different.

^^^THIS is exactly how I feel about RR.
Guys who have played competitively LOVE players like Rondo and KG. They go to war on the court and leave everything else behind. They want to win at all costs. You want to play with guys like that. Remember when KG made Big Baby Davis literally cry on the bench? That's the alpha-dog telling the pup "get your shyt straight, you're playing with men now!". He wouldn't put up with softness or mediocrity.
Remember, these are elite level athletes in the NBA. No better anywhere else. You either bring it all or you'll get run over. That seems to me is how RR plays and just won't suffer an idiot. Plus, he's a freaking basketball savant...always thinking several plays ahead. The guy is just different.

Great post. Remember when KG refused to give Ray Allen a five after Ray went to the Heat and the Heat were playing the Celtics? I loved that. KG was saying "nah man, you left. You went and joined up with an all-star team (Wade, Bosh, LeBron). You took the easy way. I'm gonna stick this out and give it another shot. Good luck but I don't need to give you a five. This is game time and as far as I'm concerned you play for the bad guys. You're the enemy."

I absolutely love that and agree with it. Lots of NBA guys are overly friendly these days. They're buddy-buddy when they see each other at their games etc. KG isn't like that, and neither is Rondo. This is competition and you're on the other team. My job is to destroy you and your team.

I'll say it again, they don't make them like Rondo and KG anymore. These guys are a throw back to yester-year. They are the definition of "competitors".

I remember in game 7 of the finals between Boston and LA, Rondo was on the bench as he had fouled out and Ray Allen was guarding Kobe and the Celtics still had a chance and were in the game as it was coming to the end. Ray is all up in Kobe and Kobe did his classic throw up a shot into the defenders arms and draw a foul. He does it to Allen and drills his free throws. Rondo was pissed on the bench and you could read his lips saying (in regard to Allen) "What's he doing"?!! I don't blame him for being pissed and Allen was draped all over Kobe and should have known better as Kobe made a living off this move (much like D Wade ball fake and then jump into your body). The point is, Rondo has proven to me over and over again that he's a true competitor, even when the cameras aren't on him.

Don't doubt his talent he has it all.Attitude makes talent go away.

Reactions: Mike-D
You'll get more support for Rondo here than anywhere else. But the appearance is that he quit on his team in the Playoffs.

Maybe there's more to the story, but Rondo definitely finds himself with something to prove, and a ticking clock on his career.

Rondo signs with SAC. I don't discount his talent, but he's far from invincible. That title was 7 years ago.

Last edited:
Don't doubt his talent he has it all.Attitude makes talent go away.

Understood. I guess I just don't feel like his attitude is in the way. I mean Carlisle's trying to slow him down and call out plays to him.....Rondo understands the game as well as anyone. He doesn't need to stop and get plays from Carlisle. I don't blame him for bucking up some on that although the he should not do it in full view of the whole world, but again, he's a competitor.

I think Rondo simply demands a lot, from everyone. And when guys don't do what he expects he gets pissed and doesn't handle it well. Rivers said he was difficult to coach, but he loved him. Says that Rondo will make a great coach one day. What do I mean by this? Not sure really, I just feel like Rondo is so unique that he's misunderstood.

People seriously trying to argue that Rondo is just a fierce competitor and doesn't have a terrible attitude? Haha. You could even argue Celtics still win a title without Rondo and with an average pg

People seriously trying to argue that Rondo is just a fierce competitor and doesn't have a terrible attitude? Haha. You could even argue Celtics still win a title without Rondo and with an average pg

No way they beat the Lakers without Rondo.

if i'm the lakers what is there to lose? he'd get wide open shots and spot ups for russell and kobe. and of course feed the post. anyway i said this months ago lol we'll see. it's bound to fail i guess.

Pretty knowledgeable post :/

I don't think RR's attitude is that he has a problem with authority. I think it's like I described earlier, he's some kind of super-competitive basketball savant. He thinks well in advance of the current play on the floor. Maybe he doesn't like some of the plays being called by the bench and I'll grant you that could rub coaches the wrong way really quickly. But, it's not like he doesn't know what he's doing. He's not only played under Rivers and with Pierce, Allen and KG. But, he won a title with them. And anyone who thinks the Celtics could have won the '08 Title without RR is...well...just wrong.

I don't think RR's attitude is that he has a problem with authority. I think it's like I described earlier, he's some kind of super-competitive basketball savant. He thinks well in advance of the current play on the floor. Maybe he doesn't like some of the plays being called by the bench and I'll grant you that could rub coaches the wrong way really quickly. But, it's not like he doesn't know what he's doing. He's not only played under Rivers and with Pierce, Allen and KG. But, he won a title with them. And anyone who thinks the Celtics could have won the '08 Title without RR is...well...just wrong.

Bingo, there's a reason they started calling them the "Big 4" instead of just the "Big 3"

Yup. Thank you. Rondo had pretty big games in Games 1 and 2 in Boston, close Celtic wins. No way they come back from 24 down in game 4 without all hands on deck either.

Yup. Thank you. Rondo had pretty big games in Games 1 and 2 in Boston, close Celtic wins. No way they come back from 24 down in game 4 without all hands on deck either.

You're talk about games played 7 years ago as if Rondo is the same player. He's not the same player he was even 3 years ago. Those that bring up his Boston days miss one key ingredient. The Celtics had veteran leadership along with Rivers to reign Rondo in somewhat. They leadership doesn't exist in Sacramento. Any team looking to Rondo as the leader is fighting an uphill battle. Look no further than last season when a young team that was screaming for leadership got better after he left, and a team that looked to him for leadership got worse when he arrived.

Last edited:
DeMarcus Cousins ‏@boogiecousins Jul 4
Welcome to the family @marcobelinelli @RajonRondo @THEwillieCS15!
1f451.png
1f3c0.png
#SacramentoProud

Reactions: Blueworld_3.0
ADVERTISEMENT