ADVERTISEMENT

Edwards

Wonky

Junior
Jan 16, 2021
This kid deserves his own thread.

I remember going to the blue/white scrimmage the year we had Julius Randle. There was a point during the scrimmage where he took it coast to coast for a big dunk. I remember it vividly because I just turned to my dad and said “wow”. I knew then that we had something nobody else in the country had that year.

Though he is a totally different player, Justin Edwards has that same wow factor. The fast break he ran off Burkes’ inbounds steal yesterday was jaw dropping. Check out the hesitation move to blow by his defender. He made a similar move in the halfcourt against Canada, gliding in for a silky smooth finger roll. This man has guard skills, and a gorgeous jumper to go along with them.

It’s crazy that we have such depth and talent at guard that nobody is really talking about Edwards, but he is going to be an absolute matchup nightmare for our opponents.

This kid deserves his own thread.

I remember going to the blue/white scrimmage the year we had Julius Randle. There was a point during the scrimmage where he took it coast to coast for a big dunk. I remember it vividly because I just turned to my dad and said “wow”. I knew then that we had something nobody else in the country had that year.

Though he is a totally different player, Justin Edwards has that same wow factor. The fast break he ran off Burkes’ inbounds steal yesterday was jaw dropping. Check out the hesitation move to blow by his defender. He made a similar move in the halfcourt against Canada, gliding in for a silky smooth finger roll. This man has guard skills, and a gorgeous jumper to go along with them.

It’s crazy that we have such depth and talent at guard that nobody is really talking about Edwards, but he is going to be an absolute matchup nightmare for our opponents.
Totally agree, he's one of the most versatile and talented players we've had at that position in a while. Seems all these freshmen games compliment each other's game, may have a lot to do with them enjoying playing together so well.

I love that he plays strong and rebounds even if his offense isn’t cooking. That’s why MKG was so good.

It's weird cause I saw him do something game one and was just like "Edwards!!" I had no idea it was actually Edwards, but that's just what came to my mind and I shouted it out in my living room......

Also, MKG was so good, but damned if that dude didn't almost die every game

I haven’t seen a wow stretch from him…he plays hard and I like that. But he’s not a bull moose power like Randle, his shooting is suspect and I don’t see a jaw dropping athlete out there

I like Edwards but he’s not a MKG clone to me. That dude was a wing wjtb the handles snd power of a power forward

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT