ADVERTISEMENT

Early Key to the Season: BEAT THE MISSISSIPPI STATE BULLDOGS IN STARKVILLE.

The-Hack

All-American
Oct 1, 2016
Since our last win in Starkville, we have beaten UF twice in Gainesville, and throttled Tennessee by the most lopsided Kentucky victory there since 1897.

Could we win 9-10-11 games still losing in Starkville?

Well, we went 10-3 in 2021 losing in Starkville, that game likely costing us a NYD6 Bowl.

But I’m tired of us laying an egg against egg-bowl-bound-opponents.

Look at the scores of our wins/losses with the Bulldogs since 2017. One could argue that each home team gains a 20 point advantage from the home venue, the home team typically winning pretty easily.

Beat State in Starkville and we can drop the 3 bigguns and still have a shot at 9-3/Citrus Bowl.

How can we do it if we lose in Starkville??

Sure, it can be done, but this year’s other West opponent is not a weakened LSU or Arkansas, but a pretty good Bama team.

Heck, the only semi-annual road venues Stoops hasn’t won at are Georgia and Mississippi State.

WE ARE DUE A WIN IN STARKVILLE!!

Would be great to see Stoops break that SECW road losing streak while there’s still a SECW, 0-11. Not a slam on CMS, it’s just been a hurdle that we can’t seem to get over. I just hope we don’t overhype UT with two weeks to prep and then lay a dud in Starkville, happens to the best.

To me the MSU game boils down to

1. MSU offense....I just can't see them being as solid in execution in that very niche offense without Leach around. And having their air raid QB back for 3rd year should soften the blow of losing Leach for one more year.....but UK has been able to control the Leach air raid and the one year in Starkville was 36-39 passing which was terrible performance. But also Levis had 3 picks and CRod a fumble that contributed to that game.
2. MSU defense.....They have a really good pass rush coming back. So not having a TO fest will be huge and we need to protect the ball and hopefully control the rushing attack and pass in spots to avoid bad plays.

In the end, it feels like we have a crazy bad turnover fest when we play in Starkville and lose the game. If we can play clean (maybe abit conservative) and not have so many negative plays will be a major point of focus and we can win that game we tend to drop every time in Starkville.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT