ADVERTISEMENT

Dupree signs with Steelers

Good for Bud. Happy to see these guys reach their dreams and get compensated for it.

Blame it all on Mike Brown. The Bengals lost me somewhere in the Wilderness that included drafting Akili Smith, and I was never with them 100% in the first place, owing to my grandfather still being Browns loyal when I was a kid. I am no great fan of the League in general these days. Saturday is my football Holy Day of Obligation.

Ask me to pick one franchise for which I actually feel some affinity, and I have to say The Black and Gold. At least they have consistently put a watchable product on the field (or better) over the years Dupree landing there only reinforces that now.

The Bengals (mild) recent success does nothing to compensate for the failures that have always started at the top, and at the end of the day, they still haven't won a playoff game since I was barely old enough to drink legally.

I'm not from Cincy, so I don't feel compelled to stay in on the joke.

Great to see Bud getting paid. It will be even more fun watching him turned loose in PBS.

Don't understand all the Bengals love on this board. They tend to pass on the Ky kids, and it normally comes back to bite them. This one will also. They are a joke of a franchise. Always have been, always will be. Who dey sounds like a saying that Louisville fans would have. Please stop.

Reactions: CrustyCat
Don't understand all the Bengals love on this board. They tend to pass on the Ky kids, and it normally comes back to bite them. This one will also. They are a joke of a franchise. Always have been, always will be. Who dey sounds like a saying that Louisville fans would have. Please stop.

All I can figure is the close proximity as a reason for all of the Bengals fans around here. The Colts aren't that much farther away and would make more sense to me.

I've been a Steelers fan since about '73-'74 when I first saw them play while my family was stationed in Germany. Vaguely remember a regular season game, but it's their first SB I recall - was a fan of Lambert from the second I saw him play.

Reactions: Brock28
All I can figure is the close proximity as a reason for all of the Bengals fans around here. The Colts aren't that much farther away and would make more sense to me.

I've been a Steelers fan since about '73-'74 when I first saw them play while my family was stationed in Germany. Vaguely remember a regular season game, but it's their first SB I recall - was a fan of Lambert from the second I saw him play.

Hey Crusty, where was your family stationed in Germany? My story is exactly the same. We were stationed in Baumholder Germany from 1971-74. And watching the Steelers win Super Bowls on Armed Forces Network is how I became a fan as well.

Reactions: Brock28
ADVERTISEMENT