ADVERTISEMENT

Dorian Baker and Dubose

DaBossIsBack

Junior
Jun 28, 2013
Any chance we hear an explanation from these two? Not why they didn't retaliate, but why they didn't rush over and help their boy?

From UK's perspective it's best just to keep mouth shut and focus on the business at hand.

I doubt Stoops will want them commenting on it publicly. From his standpoint, it's over. Well, until October 3rd I guess.

No reason to comment...they will let it die.

What if they don't have an excuse...what if ones excuse is that he was black out drunk...most excuses or reasoning wouldn't sound good anyways.

Truth is the focus needs to be on the guys starting the fights and throwing the suckerpunch...and EKU has removed them from the roster, so it has begun.

The last people they need to explain anything to is you and I
Originally posted by DaBossIsBack:
Any chance we hear an explanation from these two? Not why they didn't retaliate, but why they didn't rush over and help their boy?

Their best bet is to never speak of this in public for the remainder of their time at UK. Nothing good could come of it.

Originally posted by mrschwump:

Did I say they "needed" to explain? I must have missed that in my original post.

The truth is obvious. The nice way of saying it is that they did not have their teamate's back. Barker somehow managed to pick himself off the floor no thanks to his so called friends.The way his hat was picked off the the floor and stuck back on head was embarrassing. I hope Drew Barker had some choice words for these............

Did I say they "needed" to explain? I must have missed that in my original post.
You apparently felt a "need" or you wouldn't have started a thread.

Originally posted by devilpuppet:
The truth is obvious. The nice way of saying it is that they did not have their teamate's back. Barker somehow managed to pick himself off the floor no thanks to his so called friends.The way his hat was picked off the the floor and stuck back on head was embarrassing. I hope Drew Barker had some choice words for these............
Since it wasn't a teammate who put the hat on his head, you can relay your thoughts to Richmond.

Originally posted by CatsFanGG24:
Originally posted by devilpuppet:
Since it wasn't a teammate who put the hat on his head, you can relay your thoughts to Richmond.
Well I apologize to his buds for my harsh words. My bad.

Originally posted
You apparently felt a "need" or you wouldn't have started a thread.
Man you assume a lot. This site and countless others have latched on to this story. Former players are going to social media and calling out the actions of Baker and Dubose. I was wondering, in light of all of this, if Baker and Dubose might take to social media to defend themselves. I would hate to watch a David Lynch film with you.

They did not want anything else to jump off. The guy in the green shirt was asking Dubose and Baker to explain themselves in a threatening fashion. If you watch the video again, you will see Baker try to leave twice while the guy is talking.

Can't we just move on. None of us know what was really going on. Dubose and Baker may have had concerns that were far greater than one sucker punch. It's time to move on and quit obsessing about how they reacted. They sure came over to the aid of their smaller friend who was pushed/shoved at the bar.

Originally posted by Parabolicsecan:
They did not want anything else to jump off. The guy in the green shirt was asking Dubose and Baker to explain themselves in a threatening fashion. If you watch the video again, you will see Baker try to leave twice while the guy is talking.
I am with you...if they hustled to help it could've been interpreted as they were ready to fight...then all heck would've broke loose. I am sure they also didn't want to go to the ground with their backs turned to help him up...

They were screwed.

For everyone crushing them for being bad teammates and pieces of crap, a reminder that Dorian Baker was at that moment walking around on a surgically repaired knee that was still not healthy enough 3 months later so that it kept him out of every single Spring practice

Originally posted by JHB4UK:
For everyone crushing them for being bad teammates and pieces of crap, a reminder that Dorian Baker was at that moment walking around on a surgically repaired knee that was still not healthy enough 3 months later so that it kept him out of every single Spring practice
JHB, c'mon man....let's not let facts get in the way.
wink.r191677.gif

Originally posted by JHB4UK:
True. Picking up dead weight on a bum knee would be difficult.

Other things to consider...

1). Maybe this was solely Barker's motive to go back to the EKU dorm and continue the nights festivities in the hornets nest
2). Maybe Baker/DuBose knew how bad they f'ed up the chubby redneck that they were reluctant to start swinging fists again.
3). Maybe Graffree is a grade "D" football talent, but grade "A" Tuco-gangsta-lunatic that they didn't want to f with.

I say, all the above.

Originally posted by Kooky Kats:
Other things to consider...

1). Maybe this was solely Barker's motive to go back to the EKU dorm and continue the nights festivities in the hornets nest
2). Maybe Baker/DuBose knew how bad they f'ed up the chubby redneck that they were reluctant to start swinging fists again.
3). Maybe Graffree is a grade "D" football talent, but grade "A" Tuco-gangsta-lunatic that they didn't want to f with.

I say, all the above.
No, wait Kooky. Our guys were Saints and were there under the kindness of their own hearts.
rolleyes.r191677.gif

Don't go bringing logic and rational thought into the conversation.

You're right...sorry.

The UK players were re-enacting the salt mine scene of Civil Disobedience in Gandhi.

They should be martyrd.

#1. what good would come from them commenting on it?

#2. who cares? I wish this story will slowly start to die.

This post was edited on 4/16 8:32 PM by screwduke

Originally posted by screwduke:
#1. what good would come from them commenting on it?

#2. who cares? I wish this story will slowly start to die.

This post was edited on 4/16 8:32 PM by screwduke
I would just like to hear why. I don't really care if anything good or bad comes from it. I would just like to hear their side out of curiosity.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT