ADVERTISEMENT

Done with stoops

I don’t know. You’re the one who keeps saying how great of a program Stoops has built.
Did I say that? You’re gonna have to find where I said that. Don’t waste your time though because I never said that.

I simply said making a change is not on the table nor should it be

Your argument is who sucks the worse right now. You might not trade this years team but you would trade tradition and relevance for theirs.
Tradition for them was nice. If they are not winning they are not relevant. At this moment we are in better shape.

If not Stoops then who will be the magic coach to take Kentucky to double digit wins and a playoff birth? South Carolina, Florida, Arkansas, Auburn, Tennessee, et als have been searching for that magic coach for many years and have gone through several including a few "can't miss" coaches, but have yet to find him.

I understand after another disappointing loss the fingers will be squarely pointed at the head coach and after all he is responsible for everything good and bad (btw the offense was really great IMO but the defense really fell down), but finding a coach that solves everything and plays great games every week in all three phases is most likely a pipe dream.
Stoops was fine until Barney loaded him with another ridiculous contract. I don’t know the answer when the a AD gives out so much guaranteed money there is no incentive to win. To be successful at UK you have to be hungry. Complacency buries you. Instead stoops seems ok with competing and the loses he will blame on fans and NIL. The question shouldn’t be who replaces stoops it should be how do you fix this problem with overpaid coaches. That answer is simple.

Look UK football should let a guy like stoops go at his peak if he wants to get paid UNLESS you have a guy who gets you to some ny6 games quickly and a conference title. That’s when you invest. Not a gator bowl ceiling. Instead of spending tons of money keeping him probably he should have left already for a bigger job if it was about the $$$$$. UK shouldn’t be the program giving him top 10 money.

Stoops is a very average coach at best easy nonconference team and a few weak SEC schools are the only teams we beat, we cannot even win at home, Stoops is way overpaid and overrated but we have an AD that falls in love with the FB and BB coaches and they are here for life.

Chadwell would be an absolute dream. He would come in and push this program forward. But that is a pipe dream , MB will not make a move nor will he consider Chadwell.

Chadwell has been successful at Coastal and now at Liberty. He has been able to get his teams ready for big games. Not many questions about him other than his NCAA baggage and can he get his teams up every week because every SEC game is a big game.

But look back at the number of coaches in just the East since CMS was hired.

Vandy 3
Missouri 3
UF 4
Carolina 3
UT 3
UGA 2

The grass isn't always greener, or bluer on the otherside of the fence.

Chadwell has been successful at Coastal and now at Liberty. He has been able to get his teams ready for big games. Not many questions about him other than his NCAA baggage and can he get his teams up every week because every SEC game is a big game.

Vandy 3
Missouri 3
UF 4
Carolina 3
UT 3
UGA 2

no, but our "grass" has problems, and after 11 seasons we haven't found a great lawn care team....

I remember GA going thru a few lawn care companies before finding Kirby....

Why shouldn't we expect a blue lawn when we pay a premium for the service?

Reactions: Basil Cat
no, but our "grass" has problems, and after 11 seasons we haven't found a great lawn care team....

I remember GA going thru a few lawn care companies before finding Kirby....

Why shouldn't we expect a blue lawn when we pay a premium for the service?
[warm-ups.

We did go through a few, Goff should never have been hired, no one was more surprised than him. irk Russell was supposed to be the hire but he only wanted to coach a couple.more years and it fell apart. Donnan couldn't beat Georgia Tech, unacceptable. Richt was let go because of how he approached his last UF game and Kirby was about to accept the South Carolina job. UGA's biggest boosters fired Richt and hired Kirby before the team got back to Athens. The AD was told not to mess things up or he was out too. Things went public a few weeks later. So yes UGA has had their issues too, but lucked out with Kirby being what we hoped thus far. He could just as easily been Muschamp, an elite DC but a poor head coach.

Keep or let CMS go, a UK decision, but no quarantees on the next hire, i just don't know if Dabo and his building his teams in the image of Jesus Christ is the answer if he becomes available.

Reactions: mrschwump

Vandy 3
Missouri 3
UF 4
Carolina 3
UT 3
UGA 2

I understand his baggage. Cal had plenty more. If we just accept it, because some tell us it can’t be better all I will say is… Aim low you will hit it every time.

Stoops talks constantly how “hard” winning in the SEC is. We ALL know that, but him verbalizing that consistently tells me alot about his leadership. I appreciate what he has done, but these bye week loses, unprepared teams, sluggish offenses, and let downs on big games needs to stop.

The point I think most miss is that we are not expecting to be GA/AL/LSU. But we can be solid and tier 2. Right now we are not !

Reactions: bigbluedon and K86
I understand his baggage. Cal had plenty more. If we just accept it, because some tell us it can’t be better all I will say is… Aim low you will hit it every time.

Stoops talks constantly how “hard” winning in the SEC is. We ALL know that, but him verbalizing that consistently tells me alot about his leadership. I appreciate what he has done, but these bye week loses, unprepared teams, sluggish offenses, and let downs on big games needs to stop.

The point I think most miss is that we are not expecting to be GA/AL/LSU. But we can be solid and tier 2. Right now we are not !

Right now I put UK where tou want to be. You 3 losses are to UGA who is on a dream run right now, UT who is right ther with UK and Missouri wh is having a dream season. Staying there is harder than getting there because everyone wants your spot. But Stoops plays above talent level every year. I know most here won't agree with this but talent wise UK is about 10th, but are top 6-7 program. If CMS and UK want to win big, reach the playoffs, then stop depending on kids from ohio who OSU or Mich don't want. Go after the kids they want, if you are beating teams in living rooms you aren't beating them in stadiums.

We won’t be paying our next coach what stoops makes now. So many people don’t understand this. Stoops has a pretty standard sec contract. Just like everyone else, he gets raises the longer he is here. A coach with his tenure will make what he makes. If you didn’t support his firing 3-4 years ago then stop crying about his money now.
Not crying about his money. Crying about results and coaching! Take out GA/Bama. Get me to the level below that consistently beating those teams.

Right now I put UK where tou want to be. You 3 losses are to UGA who is on a dream run right now, UT who is right ther with UK and Missouri wh is having a dream season. Staying there is harder than getting there because everyone wants your spot. But Stoops plays above talent level every year. I know most here won't agree with this but talent wise UK is about 10th, but are top 6-7 program. If CMS and UK want to win big, reach the playoffs, then stop depending on kids from ohio who OSU or Mich don't want. Go after the kids they want, if you are beating teams in living rooms you aren't beating them in stadiums.
Respectfully this is not where I want to be. I certainly hope the coaches are not where they want to be, but I’m beginning to think they are getting complacent.

This is like me telling you GA basketball is right where you want to be. It’s easy to be a gracious winner, we are obviously 0 threat to GA football on or off the field. Must be a blast to be a Dawg fan right now. I’m certainly jealous.

I don’t care if we come back and win. The guy is extremely overrated. Good coaches don’t come out of byes completely unprepared. No one should be paid his ridiculous money and not have their team ready. This guy and his ball control offense is all he can do. Well that’s called playing not to lose and like his brother Mike, Mark has flamed out. The guy got paid and like cal he’s got it on cruise what a nightmare Barney has created for our top programs. Giving away millions with no accountability
And you were telling me to relax? Hypocrite.

This is 💯 on, get the hell out of Ohio and the rest of the Midwest and recruit the southeast hard

Not crying about his money. Crying about results and coaching! Take out GA/Bama. Get me to the level below that consistently beating those teams.
You can’t sling a dead cat in here without hitting someone crying about his money. I cry over the losses too. But stoops has brought us two 10 win seasons in the last 5 years, we have beaten Florida like 3 out of the last 4 or 5 years, we own Louisville, and the culture has shifted. This will take time. We got here by being patient and having perspective. Don’t tuck tail now. This will be a slooooow rebuild. Actually it’s not a rebuild. It’s a startup really. These are the golden ages of Kentucky football. People don’t grasp just how BAD of a program this has always been

Reactions: Deeeefense
No that’s not what I’m saying. I’m saying yes they fire their coaches for winning 6-8 games and where are they now? Behind Kentucky. We are better than Florida, arky and Auburn. You need to throw Arkansas out of this discussion anyways. We are the better program. Why even include them?
Hard to argue with that, over the last 10 years especially. But historically Arkansas and Texas A&M are pretty similar programs. I’d definitely say both are below Florida and Auburn though.

That’s because it’s not. No job with a lower expectation can be better. No fan, coach or analyst would say UK is better than UF. Billy Napier will be gone after this year. They’ll keep searching until they find the right guy then it’ll be another 30 year streak.
Tennessee kept searching and found a guy that is 3-0 against us. Two of those wins where at our house.

Tennessee kept searching and found a guy that is 3-0 against us. Two of those wins where at our house.
Exactly! Florida will do the same! And here we are stuck in this rut cheering cause we’re the third worst team in the conference instead of the first.

I like Brooks just fine , but he’s like 30 games under .500 as a college head coach with a huge sample size . It’s just not accurate to proclaim he’s ‘twice the coach ‘ …that’s not selling Stoops , it’s just evidence
In fairness to brooks he didn’t stay at either school after he built it to stability. So he didn’t see the fruits on the record ledger. Left for the nfl at Oregon and retired from uk. I have also pointed out somewhere before that in the seasons where stoops has gone to a bowl the East win % is just above 55% and before he came in it was near 70

Stoops has taken this program as far as HE can. I hope someone offers him a job and he takes it. But he won’t find a school that will pay him more than he’s making here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT