ADVERTISEMENT

Does Diallo plan to anounce today?

hendocol8

Blue Chip Prospect
Nov 2, 2008
Read somewhere earlier in the week that said Newman and Diallo were both planning on making announcements today but haven't seen anything about Diallo since then. Anyone know when he expects to make the decision? I'll hang up and listen

Only thing I've heard is Matt Jones said he thinks it will be Monday or Tuesday but wasn't 100% sure.

I've heard for Diallo it would be early next week. Seems to be the general consensus.

Read somewhere earlier in the week that said Newman and Diallo were both planning on making announcements today but haven't seen anything about Diallo since then. Anyone know when he expects to make the decision? I'll hang up and listen

Kyle Tucker @KyleTucker_CJ

Spoke to 5-star Cheik Diallo's high school coach. Said. St. John's is visiting the UK target now and he believes decision coming next week.

I dont think it's St. John's. He seems like a kid who wants to compete for a title and he can do that at KU & at UK

Would somebody like to tell me why he's considering KU? Because I've never once heard him mention KU, and I've seen nothing that actually indicates it.

Would somebody like to tell me why he's considering KU? Because I've never once heard him mention KU, and I've seen nothing that actually indicates it.

Have you been paying attention? For the past several months, KU has been a strong contender, at one point his top two were KU and Iowa State. Then the happenings at St. John's took place and it became KU and St. John's, and as of late, Kentucky has made up some serious ground on him. Kansas has been one of the front runners in his recruitment for a while now.

Have you been paying attention? For the past several months, KU has been a strong contender, at one point his top two were KU and Iowa State. Then the happenings at St. John's took place and it became KU and St. John's, and as of late, Kentucky has made up some serious ground on him. Kansas has been one of the front runners in his recruitment for a while now.

Been paying attention for a while now, but I don't really understand why a PF would be considering Kansas, who has recruited one player this year (Ironically, another PF). I've not actually heard him mention KU, and really see nothing that would be a strong indicator as to why he would go there.

Been paying attention for a while now, but I don't really understand why a PF would be considering Kansas, who has recruited one player this year (Ironically, another PF). I've not actually heard him mention KU, and really see nothing that would be a strong indicator as to why he would go there.

Well, I think what is at issue here is that you want to differentiate between a power forward and a center, instead of just 2 front court guys. Perry Ellis and Carlton Bragg are not really true low post guys, they both have oriented their games to the perimeter, and word is that Perry will see most of his minutes in the frontcourt, but that Bill Self wants to utilize him on the wing more this year to develop his game more for the next level, since he won't be a 4 at the next level.

But we DO know that historically, Bill Self teams have featured true low block types of bigs, and that's who he's built around. Diallo would fit that mold, and probably would be the frontrunner to start in the frontcourt alongside Perry Ellis if he were to go there.

***Wow!

Never mention?!

247's Crystal Ball has pretty consistently had KU in the lead for Diallo and they've seemingly non-stop been in tough with them about once a month since he visited back in Sept.

At different times different schools have been favored but KU's always been one of the top 2-3 schools mentioned "as the winds blow" throughout the entire process.....early on when the word was out about Pitt? KU was still there. When UK first got interested in him? KU was there. When ISU supposedly might be in the lead - most still had KU ahead of them.

Don't know about this "never once heard him mention KU" business.

****KU played 6'-8 & 6'-7 Centers last year in Alexander & Traylor before ending the year with 6'-9 Lucas at Center - spelled occasionally by 6'-10 Mickelson.

I tend to think that the 6'-9 Diallo would start at the "5" for KU from Day One.

Not certain that he'd start at UK - heck not even sure he'd start at SJU and he certainly wouldn't start at ISU!!! (not ahead of Niang & McKay).

He's ours and will combine with Skai to led UK to # 9 next yr or I dont wear panty hose while draining the three ball.o_O

****KU played 6'-8 & 6'-7 Centers last year in Alexander & Traylor before ending the year with 6'-9 Lucas at Center - spelled occasionally by 6'-10 Mickelson.

I tend to think that the 6'-9 Diallo would start at the "5" for KU from Day One.

Not certain that he'd start at UK - heck not even sure he'd start at SJU and he certainly wouldn't start at ISU!!! (not ahead of Niang & McKay).

Alexander and Traylor are both a lot bulkier than Diallo. I have strong doubts that Self would move Ellis from the 4. He would sooner go to a 3 guard lineup, and Bragg is not fast enough, nor does he handle the ball well enough to play the 3.

He is following Wiggins girlfriend on twitter that means he is going to KU

People have to remember Diallo doesn't particularly have a game outside of the paint yet. He is a run the floor, garbage man. He will get 10 points and 10 boards off of hustling. So it makes perfect sense for him to play the 5 at KU next year. Perry Ellis will have to play a little bit of 3 next year because if he doesn't then he will go undrafted and Self does not want that. The NBA guys want to see perimeter play so I assume Self will let that happen a little more.

Diallo to KU, book it. 8)

Yep, Diallo is going to KU and everyone else will go anywhere except UK. Plus, Skal will be declared ineligible, Matthews will be just a role player and isn't that good, and it was tghat loss to Wisconsin and/or the fact that Duke won the NC with OAD's that is causing everyone to spurn UK. Cal has lost his magic and our run is over. Does that satisfy all you chicken littles? When we're winning, Cal is the best and we are Kentucky and then there's everyone else unless, f course, we don't win it all and we miss on some recruits. So I suggest we hire someone like Tubby and return to being irrelevant like we were for most of the years between Rick's departure and Cal's hiring. These are THE MOST spoliled and negative fans in CBB and I hope you never show your face on this board if we end up with 2 more of the top players. Then I want you to stfu and never show your faces on this board again. You deserve to be Mississippi State fans.

15iyoz.jpg

Self is telling him he'll be the next Embiid. That's the closest player to Diallo that KU has had style-wise.

Diallo would take all of the center minutes here at KU, don't try to make it seem like UK has more minutes to offer than KU does.

Diallo looks like a player that would prosper more at power forward. I don't think he would do well at any position playing for KU ie Kentucky Utilities.

Diallo would take all of the center minutes here at KU, don't try to make it seem like UK has more minutes to offer than KU does.
Sorry dude, but kentucky does have more minutes to offer diallo.. Way more. Kansas front court is overly crowded. Everybody knows this

ADVERTISEMENT