ADVERTISEMENT

Does anyone honestly care about Fland, Quaintance, Somto, etc?

Unfortunately it will just be another season of the same results, new cast of characters and the same common denominator. Cal is finished here. People can blame the players all they want to absolve their boy of his shortcomings but at the end of the day, it is the head coach's responsibility to put his team in a position to win. Especially one who is in the Hall of Fame making $9 million, you better be able to beat teams like South Carolina at Rupp and not get blown out on the road.

subscribe to my philosophy on recruiting

I can't tell you the guys names on the team until I see them play a few times. I couldn't pick Burks? hell I don't even know his name, out of a line up now

I will admit to knowing Sheppard was coming, But that's how it should be in the bluegrass

What if UK could somehow get the No.# 1 ranked player in every class from 6th grade to high school senior? Would that be enough talent? Assuming the 6th grader could reclassify, of course. Otherwise, I just don't know what can be done. I mean, we're getting the #1 or #2 recruiting class every year. Even with Calipari coaching they should be able to cake walk to a championship against these old men players that can't even get a sniff of a draft board projection, right?

What if UK could somehow get the No.# 1 ranked player in every class from 6th grade to high school senior? Would that be enough talent? Assuming the 6th grader could reclassify, of course. Otherwise, I just don't know what can be done. I mean, we're getting the #1 or #2 recruiting class every year. Even with Calipari coaching they should be able to cake walk to a championship against these old men players that can't even get a sniff of a draft board projection, right?
c'mon, its not like he lost to a 15 seed in the tourney with the NPOY

Well one positive thing.. it will be almost impossible to be as bad and less productive as Edwards is..

I mean he's now the biggest bust in Cals tenure, right? Skal was played out of position so he gets a bit of a pass. And BJ was still better than Edwards on a much worse team.

Edwards is on Darko/Anthony Bennett levels of being a bust. He's THAT far off his ranking. I'm willing to bet not a single UK recruit is anywhere near this bad next year.

The problem is, are any of them the talent of Shep or Dilly? Remains to be seen.

Reactions: chroix
Dybantsa, Knox… it doesn’t matter. As long as the Pillsbury dough boy is at the helm, it’ll just be another season of “coulda, shoulda, woulda”.

Cal makes Dean Smith look like John Wooden.
Next year’s class? Yeah he’ll waste that talent too. I’m sick and tired of the pumpers and their “but next years class!” Eh yeah what about them?

Well one positive thing.. it will be almost impossible to be as bad and less productive as Edwards is..

I mean he's now the biggest bust in Cals tenure, right? Skal was played out of position so he gets a bit of a pass. And BJ was still better than Edwards on a much worse team.

Edwards is on Darko/Anthony Bennett levels of being a bust. He's THAT far off his ranking. I'm willing to bet not a single UK recruit is anywhere near this bad next year.

The problem is, are any of them the talent of Shep or Dilly? Remains to be seen.
Oh but we will have another Edwards/BJ/Dragon… we always have one on the team and Cal will start him.

Dybantsa, Knox… it doesn’t matter. As long as the Pillsbury dough boy is at the helm, it’ll just be another season of “coulda, shoulda, woulda”.

Cal makes Dean Smith look like John Wooden.
We stop getting 5 star recruits and you guys will all flip your shit. Stop me when I start telling lies.

I figured out a while back, Cal isn’t bringing in players to win games, tournaments, and championships, he brings in guys to pad his draft stats!

There’s a rather large body of evidence to arrive at that conclusion.
basketball season is just something you have to do between recruiting and the green room on draft night

I figured out a while back, Cal isn’t bringing in players to win games, tournaments, and championships, he brings in guys to pad his draft stats!

So other schools weren't recruiting the guys Cal signed.
Seems like Barnes went hard after Edwards.
You think Knenct still picks the Vols if Edwards is there?
Trey is one of the best portal players in the nation.
Ron Holland(G league) had an offer right to the end.
How was he not trying to assemble a roster capable of winning a title?

Next year is back to the basics. Pounding the ball inside to JQ. With little to no shooters around him.
This.

Cal will use this season as a reason to never prioritize the offense again. He'll eat good in the neighborhood off lineups that include non shooters like Onyenso, Richmond, and Knox at the same time, and we'll be back to what we usually do under Calipari - scoring around 76 points per game, losing 9 to 11 games, and getting bounced before the Final Four.

If we’re not scoring 90+ next year, I probably won’t watch much. Hell, I fell asleep at halftime last night. Doesn’t look like I missed much lol

• Sad
Reactions: chroix
No, this was the year to get back on track. Whenever stuff was bad the last 3 seasons, anything negative towards Cal would result in- if he leaves we don’t get Wagner and company. Well we go them, and currently have 4 losses, with 3 being to very inferior teams. If Cal can’t get to a FF with this team, he needs to just hang them up and move on to his next chapter in life.

Reactions: EliteBlue
He will not be getting pushed around in the paint. That is for damn sure. Wish he would have reclassed to this year.
It’s already bad enough we have 4 big men we definitely don’t need a 5th. We need to play more small like we did toward the beginning of the year but now we have every big man available Cal is licking his chops to play twin towers and sub twin towers in for those 2. He did it last night.

Along as Cal is here, it wouldn't matter if he had a 92 Dream Team. He would find a way to lose.

It’s already bad enough we have 4 big men we definitely don’t need a 5th. We need to play more small like we did toward the beginning of the year but now we have every big man available Cal is licking his chops to play twin towers and sub twin towers in for those 2. He did it last night.

We just got our full roster of bigs a couple games into conference play so don’t act like it wouldn’t have helped against Kansas and other teams early on. Also have you seen him?

To me that should be a breach in contract and should be fired for it. Mitch should also be fired for taking UK Basketball hostage under a guy who does not give a shit no more about winning.

I'll never forget after we won in 2012 and posters said this was nothing to worry about...

Someone said they went to the booster luncheon and sat at the table with Cal and a few big time boosters. One of the big boosters said he asked Cal if he plans on winning more. Cal said something to the nature of, "Glad that's over now I can focus" or something like that. I don't remember. Can't find the thread. I knew in his mind he thought if he won 1 championship that would mull over our fan base. Wrong.

This team should be on par with his 2012 and 2015 team. No less than a final four, but should win a championship. This is Cal's best shooting team. No reason why they can't play defense.

I don’t think anyone tops Khalil Whitney in the “biggest bust” game. I heard SO much hype here about “the Dragon” before that season began (especially from ole caneintally). Then I finally saw him and, I swear, it looked almost like he’d never played this game called basketball before.

And yet Cal still started him for weeks over Quickley. LOL.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT