ADVERTISEMENT

DKersey

Oh yes all these idiots calling him out yesterday and we even had a dude say we had a better shot with Giles then Murray . OH the comedy. When Kersey talks us old timers know to listen .

so does that dude mean that we are getting Giles:cool2:

we need a sound off thread for all the Negative Nancy's to own up

Reactions: Nubb16 and jarms24
when i saw his thread last week or whenever it was, i knew

done_deal.png

so does that dude mean that we are getting Giles:cool2:

we need a sound off thread for all the Negative Nancy's to own up

The point is no one knew not even the coaches and Kersey was saying that but most everyone else was saying done deal and I learned the hard way even when you know nothing and are just a fan never say done deal when Cal is recruiting and the kid isnt an idiot savant and thinks Miss St will win lol.

Thanks Dave, I guess the ones who made the comparisons of our current recruiting to the Billy G recruiting will go away now, lol.

Last edited:
The point is no one knew not even the coaches and Kersey was saying that but most everyone else was saying done deal and I learned the hard way even when you know nothing and are just a fan never say done deal when Cal is recruiting and the kid isnt an idiot savant and thinks Miss St will win lol.

oh i know what you mean and agree with you
i was just poking some fun at the guy calling Dave out
we have some fans on here that are so fickle, i wonder how they get through their day-to-day lives

granted this has been a strange class, but at the end of the day Cal still lands the #1 recruiting class

#trustinCal

Sounds like someone is butt hurt.

No I just think fans who make that comparisons to our current situations are the ones butt hurt. Did I hit a nerve? I don't remember you making a statement like that.

No nerve hit,can't understand why we take shots at guys who over the years gave us good info.

No nerve hit,can't understand why we take shots at guys who over the years gave us good info.

Name me the guy who said our current situation with recruiting was like when Billy G was here? I hope you didn't think I meant Dave, he was upset over the quote.

Name me the guy who said our current situation with recruiting was like when Billy G was here? I hope you didn't think I meant Dave, he was upset over the quote.

I did think you meant Dave my mistake.

I did think you meant Dave my mistake.

Never, I have been reading DaveK for years and I know some don't think it but he has always had good people that he was in with. He ain't always right but neither are the rest of them out there. When he seemed to have hope I thought we had a chance, but he worried me when he said it might be up in the air.

Never, I have been reading DaveK for years and I know some don't think it but he has always had good people that he was in with. He ain't always right but neither are the rest of them out there. When he seemed to have hope I thought we had a chance, but he worried me when he said it might be up in the air.

Don't you wish all disputes could be settled this easily?

Don't you wish all disputes could be settled this easily?

This is why I used to love some monthly gatherings we used to have back in the BBN days. Meeting folks face to face, having assistant coaches come and talk and make an appearance, it was easier to know how people thought because you got to talk to them.

When DK said he got good vibes from an assistant coach who, when asked about Wednesday, had a big smile and a wink. Then Dave realized he could have been indicating that Briscoe was coming to Lexington on Wednesday.

Now I know what happened: the grin was for Briscoe, and the wink was for Murray!!!!

Helllyaaa!!

If dave feels good about us getting a recruit, then you can bet our staff feels pretty good about getting him as well.

Nothing is 100% in recruiting, but that info is fun to read and is extremely valuable. I am glad dave chooses to share it on here from time to time.

Dave Kersey has always been a true insider and is the type who speaks when he hears something and doesn't comment on every situation simply because fans want him too. Like someone else said, those of us who have been here for a long time know this, those who haven't been hang on every word of guys like Paul Schmidt who genuinely have a success rate as awful as Wile. E Coyote catching Road Runner.

Paul had great info when he was in KY. Since he moved, not so much, and he openly tells everyone that he is no longer connected. No need to trash him. He bleeds blue just like us.

Reactions: caneintally
Oh yes all these idiots calling him out yesterday and we even had a dude say we had a better shot with Giles then Murray . OH the comedy. When Kersey talks us old timers know to listen .

Kersey and the old TBK site were the best in the business at this.

I am glad I'm still in contact with one of the insiders and I'm glad Kersey post over here. We need solid legit sources for UK basketball, and KSR isn't even close.

Thanks for the info dave.

Kersey and the old TBK site were the best in the business at this.

I am glad I'm still in contact with one of the insiders and I'm glad Kersey post over here. We need solid legit sources for UK basketball, and KSR isn't even close.

Thanks for the info dave.
Yep kersey and Bearup and some of the guys from the old sites were great at getting us info .

I have always enjoyed reading Dave's post. There are some on here who need to listen when he speaks.

The best thing about all this: its over and the faith in Cal's recruiting has been restored.

This one was kept shut down tight, and finally glad we won a big one!

Dave is one of the best. He knows better than to say "done deal" or "lock" or "he's ours" until it is undeniably true.

I appreciate the way he's always presented his information. It doesn't feel like it's ego driven, he doesn't have a "scoop" about every situation, and he readily updated us on the Murray situation even when he eventually said he didn't really know which way it would end up.

ADVERTISEMENT